A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 4 step, EASY zippered pocket tutorial  (Read 50121 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CabinArts
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008 03:34:52 AM »

This is a perfectly helpful tutorial.  Thanks for sharing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strategicdecay
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008 07:56:05 AM »

this IS easy!  i will keep this bookmarked for future reference, but the instructions were so clear to read through i think i'll be able to do this without even looking back at the post.  thanks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saladressing
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008 01:11:37 AM »

Previously I was lazy to the extent of doing a standalone pouch before attaching it to the bag.. this looks better!

Thanks for sharing! I'll try it when I make my new bag.. Hope I can pull it off..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009 03:35:14 PM »

I used this tute 2xs to add pockets to the interior of my Weekenders.  Thanks for taking the time to add this.  It made my bags look so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009 03:54:12 AM »

Super!  I'm going to be working on a new bigger messenger bag for everyday use and this will come in handy!! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
*MILLI*
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011 04:42:08 AM »

Hey LauPre

Thank you very much for this tut  Kiss. Since I found it I've been so impressed by it that I add these kind of pockets to every bag I made.

In addition, it's one reason for joining craftster  Cheesy

Regards
*Milli*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011 08:53:24 AM »

Very Smart!! I don't like zippers very much or they don't like me. This is a great Idea. Your bags are very nice & sewn neatly. Thanks for the tute. I'll bookmark it & use it later.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Art doll swap Rd 2/sent
"Yet another TM Patch swap"/
"Prayer flag swap Rd 3/
"Black Apple doll swap Rd 3/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges! PM me!
1cinderbox2
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2013 01:31:07 PM »

Hi,

I realize this is an old tutorial.  I have had this tutorial for a few years.  Let me just tell you that this tutorial is Awesome!   I have some questions.

I made a macrame purse and I would like to line it.  I took a walk-in sewing class and they basically made the pattern for me for the lining.  I have the front and back piece, and the sides and bottom is another piece. I know that I have to put on the zipper pocket and the open pocket before I sew the lining together. 

The purse is rather small so I don't have a lot of room inside the purse.   I lined the tab that goes over the purse from back to front.  I put in a sew-in magnet which I will also put on the front side of the lining inside the purse.  I have my big open pocket cut.  I sewed the pocket on the width side to make one piece. You stated this way you can have a different fabric inside and out.  At this point I do not understand how that would happen but for some reason I am making this more difficult than it needs to be.   

I can have a zipper pocket, 7" on one side and big open pocket on the other side.  My question, how wide do you make your bias tape?  I am making bias tape rather than using straight grain. Is it just a matter of figuring out how much room I will have on each side determines my size of bias tape?   

I apologize for the questions, I sewed a long time ago and am now trying to sew again so many years later.  I bought me a good sewing machine as the one I had was falling apart. 

I would send you a picture of the purse but I just now registered at Crafster and this is my first post.  I see I need 10 posts before I can upload any  images.

Thank you for your time and knowledge,

Cynthia

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 2/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 4/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 6/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 1/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 3/7
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...