A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Joker and Harley- genderswap fun! (and a bonus Jane Crocker)  (Read 3248 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

orangesandjello
« on: June 21, 2012 02:05:39 PM »

For this year's Akon, me and my husband went as a female Joker and male Harley Quinn.

Both outfits were my design but the hubby got to have input on Harley since he would be wearing it. Smiley
On my outfit, I only had to make the skirt and choker from scratch, the rest of it came from thrift stores or a costume shop. On his outfit, I made the shirt and pants as well as the hammer. The diamonds are all painted on with fabric paint.

We also saw a couple people we knew dressed as normal Joker and Harley.

This was my second time cosplaying but the first time I got so much attention. People were stopping us all over the place to take our picture. It was so much fun! But it also made it a little difficult to get anywhere. All that white makeup was kind of a pain too. I'm really proud of how it all turned out though!

I also made myself a secondary cosplay to wear on Friday because I really wanted to be Jane Crocker from Homestuck.

I made the skirt from scratch (and took a little artistic liberty with it) and I stenciled and painted the image on the shirt. The paint job on the shirt came out a lot nicer than I expected it to. I also painted the spoon red, but that was after this picture was taken.

I got a group photo with the rest of the alphas too!
I didn't get any attention while I was in this costume but that's because there are so many Homestuck cosplayers. Probably a third of the cosplayers at Akon were dressed up as someone from Homestuck. It's kind of ridiculous.

All in all, Akon was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to getting to go to more cons and dressing up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EllaRain
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012 04:12:35 PM »

What fun outfits. They turned out so nice. I love the unique spin on the Joker and Harley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
eetenpie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012 05:33:31 PM »

Your costumes look great! Just out of curiosity, was the dealers room any good this year? I've noticed a decline in the amount of neat and unique things for sale in the recent years and was unable to make it this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangesandjello
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012 07:33:54 PM »

Your costumes look great! Just out of curiosity, was the dealers room any good this year? I've noticed a decline in the amount of neat and unique things for sale in the recent years and was unable to make it this year.
Thanks!
It was pretty good I guess. It's actually been a while since I've been going to cons and I've grown out of wanting to buy a lot of stuff at the dealer's room. So I wouldn't know what to tell you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms.Bonnie
One Crafty Queen

One Crafty-Queen, I Be.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012 06:31:01 AM »

How/What did you make your husbands hammer from? I'm planning a harley costume for a friend and she wants a hammer...but not sure what to make it out of as she will more than  likely want to hit people with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangesandjello
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012 08:32:30 PM »

How/What did you make your husbands hammer from? I'm planning a harley costume for a friend and she wants a hammer...but not sure what to make it out of as she will more than  likely want to hit people with it.
Sorry for the really late reply, I hardly ever get on here anymore and hopefully this is still relevant. I actually used a roll of bubble wrap that was the size I wanted the hammer to be. Then I covered it in poster board to make it smooth and did paper machee over that for extra stability. The handle is a piece of wood we got from Lowe's and I just cut a whole in the hammer part and super glued it in and then painted the whole thing. It ended up being very light and we probably could have hit people with it except that we didn't want it to tear or break. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Drugstore Beauty Products
Want Full Lips? This Bizarre Artist Has the Secret (No Filler Needed!)
Halloween Upgrade: A Stellar Take on Fairy Makeup
Michelle Obama Makeup Showdown
Michelle Obama Makeup How-to
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...