A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another dog toy  (Read 2283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bebedechocolate
« on: June 21, 2012 01:27:42 PM »

I am making a few dog toys to try out with my dogs at home before I make a huge batch and donate to the humane society.  This toy is made with three different colors of fleece and because I made it for my boyfriend's dog who is part shepherd and part dobie (and HUGE!) it had to be a bit stronger than it would be if made with 3" strips of fleece.  For his toy, I braided three strips of fleece that were 5 inches wide.  My boyfriend had to help me knot it because it was so bulky that it was hard for me to knot it tightly.  We will see how long it lasts.  Fleece is going on sale at Joanns very soon so I should be able to make small, medium, and large toys to donate to our humane society. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap!  I can sew, knit, and crochet.  I have a 9 year old who loves to do swaps as well so we can do a mommy/daughter swap package. Smiley
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012 02:57:27 PM »

I'm loving these dog toys you are creating - and I have to make a few for my brother's dog.  He picked up his new yellow lab puppy last Friday - her name is Daisy - she's just about 8 weeks old!  So cute and she really likes her aunt (me!) - she'll love me even more when I get a few of these made for her!!  Thanks for the inspiration.
 Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
bebedechocolate
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012 03:42:59 PM »

I'm loving these dog toys you are creating - and I have to make a few for my brother's dog.  He picked up his new yellow lab puppy last Friday - her name is Daisy - she's just about 8 weeks old!  So cute and she really likes her aunt (me!) - she'll love me even more when I get a few of these made for her!!  Thanks for the inspiration.
 Cool

Thanks! Be sure to post pics when you make Daisy's toys. Smiley

My pup at home is 8 weeks old too! We have had him for a week.  I have made a few of these for him and they have been life savers. I have on in every corner of the house and when he begins to try to chew on things like shoes/furniture/etc I am able to quickly say "no chew!" and hand him a fleece toy to play with.  Wal-mart had some rubber balls with rubber nubs that are hollw for 2.47 per 3 pack and I am going to thread the braid through one of those next to see how that works with the pup. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap!  I can sew, knit, and crochet.  I have a 9 year old who loves to do swaps as well so we can do a mommy/daughter swap package. Smiley
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012 09:02:26 PM »

what a nifty idea!  WE don't have a dog, but every one of our friends do... Maybe I'll bust out that stash of old fleece sweaters and fleece scraps and make some gifts for thier mutts Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Momof2!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012 06:17:17 AM »

So neat! Why didn't I think of this? I have some fleece lying around. I think I will make a couple for my dogs today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012 09:02:26 PM »

I made my brother's puppy (Daisy) a dog toy like this - it is made with pink fleece, because she's a girl!  I'll post pictures tomorrow - let me say - it was big hit - my brother told me today that Daisy plays non-stop with it, and expects him to play along - she pushes it at him until he plays tug of war with her.  He had to hide it today so she would play with her hedgehog squeaky toy and her chew toys, and he could have a break.  LOL   Cool
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012 09:03:16 PM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bebedechocolate
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012 11:09:50 PM »

I made my brother's puppy (Daisy) a dog toy like this - it is made with pink fleece, because she's a girl!  I'll post pictures tomorrow - let me say - it was big hit - my brother told me today that Daisy plays non-stop with it, and expects him to play along - she pushes it at him until he plays tug of war with her.  He had to hide it today so she would play with her hedgehog squeaky toy and her chew toys, and he could have a break.  LOL   Cool

Pics please!   My dogs love these things!  I have given some away to friends to test out before I donate a bunch to the animal shelter and everyone says their dogs love them!  My favorite part is that once they get really gross, they clean off really well in the washing machine. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012 09:26:53 AM »

Pics please!   My dogs love these things!  I have given some away to friends to test out before I donate a bunch to the animal shelter and everyone says their dogs love them!  My favorite part is that once they get really gross, they clean off really well in the washing machine. 

I'm sorry to be so delinquent on posting pictures!  I've been swamped at work since taking off the first part of the week - I'll get at these pictures this evening - PROMISE!   Tongue

I need to remind my brother he can "wash" her tug-o-war fleece toy in the washing machine.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012 08:20:43 PM »

Not to take the limelight away from your doggie, bebedechocolate . . . but here are my pics of my new puppy-niece!  She is about nine weeks old - these were taken on July 4 with her new toy that Aunt Fiddlegirl8 made her (with a little help (muscle) from my son) -

She's just so cute -

There you go - my brother's new puppy with her new puppy toy - I have to make more - smaller versions!  I was pretty excited that she like this so much.  Thanks bebede for the inspiration!

Cool
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012 10:21:14 AM by fiddlegirl8 - Reason: miscalculation of Daisy's age » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bebedechocolate
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012 08:09:42 AM »

She is precious! I am glad she loves her toy.  Since you showered us with puppy cuteness, I will add to it. Smiley  Here is my puppy Chip. He turned 10 weeks yesterday.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Backlight Scene
Canon SD770 IS Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Canon SD770 IS Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Canon G10: Set White Balance Function
Canon G10: Set Underwater Function
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...