A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DS and DD sewing, a little bit of everything - Lots of pictures  (Read 1760 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StacyCK
« on: June 20, 2012 09:42:50 AM »

As I have posted the stuff I made for me since the last post, I figured I should post what I have made for the little Prince and Princess since last time.

Bear with me, there are lots of pictures.

Most of these are patterns I drafted, but let me know if you have a question on any of them.   I know there are similar tutorials or free patterns for some online.  

Birthday dress this year -

She hasn't even attempted to wear this one and it has been done for about 3 months or so

Costume for school program:

Vest and tie, but not the shirt:

Some clothes going to orphanages:

Thanks for looking and any comments! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012 08:21:07 AM by StacyCK - Reason: took off pictures of my kids wearing the clothes...only leave them on for a short while » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftycakelady
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012 09:56:16 AM »

WOW!  You are one busy lady.  Great work on all of it though, just beautiful!  Smiley

I wish I could sew like that, someday...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012 11:06:15 AM »

wow, you are truly talented - those are some gorgeous pieces.  even the 'casual' clothes look so lovely and coordinated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deeredone2
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012 12:46:49 PM »

Lovely peices!!!!!!  Awesome as always.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StacyCK
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012 06:11:43 AM »

Thanks to all of you!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012 06:41:52 AM »

Awesome work! Your little girls must feel like princesses!

Love the vest and tie for the little man, too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012 06:37:53 AM »

I *LOVE* your girl's bday dress!  I want one for me!  Well, not really - it wouldn't flatter me, but I LOVE it anyway.  Smiley  And I love how you did the pockets on the pink camo shorts - doesn't look too hard - was it pretty simple?  'Cuz I like simple, and I think I might be able to do that to some shorts/pants for the kiddos!

Great work, as always!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StacyCK
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012 06:58:01 AM »

I *LOVE* your girl's bday dress!  I want one for me!  Well, not really - it wouldn't flatter me, but I LOVE it anyway.  Smiley  And I love how you did the pockets on the pink camo shorts - doesn't look too hard - was it pretty simple?  'Cuz I like simple, and I think I might be able to do that to some shorts/pants for the kiddos!

Great work, as always!

Thanks!

The pockets were not very hard, actually.  You cut out out the pocket and then cut a piece the length of the outside of the pocket by about 1.5" on the bias.  It needs to be on the bias to curve around the corner.  Attach one side to the pocket and then iron a good 1/4" seam on the other.  Pin in place on the shorts and then stitch.  On the lower corner I pleated it inward to give the pocket a bit more body, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012 05:08:49 PM »

Great work, as always!

Thanks!

The pockets were not very hard, actually.  You cut out out the pocket and then cut a piece the length of the outside of the pocket by about 1.5" on the bias.  It needs to be on the bias to curve around the corner.  Attach one side to the pocket and then iron a good 1/4" seam on the other.  Pin in place on the shorts and then stitch.  On the lower corner I pleated it inward to give the pocket a bit more body, too.

Very helpful - thanks.  That's what it looked like, but I probably would not have thought to cut it on the bias.  I will have to try this style of pocket on the next pants/shorts I make for my dd. 

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012 11:53:39 AM »

Beautiful clothes! (Fantastic models and great photography!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Artists of the Twentieth Century: A Primer
How to Draw Mr. Bean
Painting Adventure: Ruakaka Beach
Painting Adventure: Old Shed
Painting Adventure: One Tree Point
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...