A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 6 mini collages & the perfect storm  (Read 8097 times)
Tags for this thread: collage , featured_project , abandoned_art  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

banana731

procraftinator extrodinaire

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2012 11:10:38 AM »

That's so very cool  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm almost always typing with one hand...
vixen72
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012 08:46:17 PM »

Very inspiring..Love your artwork..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decidedly average
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012 10:22:44 PM »

It sounds like fun! I love the concept of found art! Lately I've been going for late night bike rides (It's the only time of day cool enough to ride right now Wink ) and it occurred to me that I could do this and leave them places while I ride. I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but what sorts of places did you place them in? Indoors, outdoors? Out in the open or somewhat hidden?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Do you mind sharing what is on the tag and paper that is attached?

Not at all.

The top tag says: PICK ME UP & OPEN ME. Hurry before someone else does!

The second tag says " "Dear stranger, This gift has been left in the hopes that someone rather nice will have the curiosity to pick it up, open it, and enjoy it. Hopefully you think enough of my little gift to take it home. If you'd like to let me know the fate of this little package you can send a message to **insert anon email address here** and it will be passed along to me. xoxo Me"

Do you mind if I use your text? I think it's nicely worded (and better than anything I could come up with).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012 10:28:58 PM by decidedly average » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012 05:50:36 AM »

Thanks very much all  Kiss

what sorts of places did you place them in? Indoors, outdoors? Out in the open or somewhat hidden?

These were hidden outside in areas with loads of foot traffic. I've done a few projects where objects get 'hidden' and like best of all to leave things in places I like. I've left items in the local Legion after a nice pancake breakfast, in the nature centre in a local park, my favourite grocery store, in front of and behind my favourite shops. It's best to leave items in the open and in areas with quite a few people. There's a lure to leave things on a quiet road but they take AGES to get picked up, if they do at all.

Do you mind if I use your text? I think it's nicely worded (and better than anything I could come up with).

Absolutely! Go for it and happy abandoning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

decidedly average
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012 06:10:43 AM »

Thanks very much all  Kiss

what sorts of places did you place them in? Indoors, outdoors? Out in the open or somewhat hidden?

These were hidden outside in areas with loads of foot traffic. I've done a few projects where objects get 'hidden' and like best of all to leave things in places I like. I've left items in the local Legion after a nice pancake breakfast, in the nature centre in a local park, my favourite grocery store, in front of and behind my favourite shops. It's best to leave items in the open and in areas with quite a few people. There's a lure to leave things on a quiet road but they take AGES to get picked up, if they do at all.

Absolutely! Go for it and happy abandoning Smiley

Thank you!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Report - Slits
Two Ways to Style an Alexander McQueen Top
From Preppy to Rocker-Chic Style
How to Make DIY Bowties
How to Correctly Tuck In a Shirt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...