A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt Badge Round 2 Gallery!! (Send Out July 9)  (Read 55368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lylyfai

Multi-Crafter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2012 09:25:24 PM »

I have to get my gushing out first. So much has happened!

Nostephot's Badger badge cracked me up as much as it impressed me with her stitching.

Nooo's sparkly fish is too cute, the sequins are really well done, considering how tiny...and I agree the itsy landscape is amazing. Plus her bird is fabulous, I love the beadwork and adding the feathers was genius. The little hootie owl is so sweet.

Leslieshappyheart's owl is so expressive and detailed - just wow. And your little chicken is so intricate and adorable.

Bobomom's little kawaii blob is so cute (even if I don't know what it is lol) and her librarian Snoopy and teensy Woodstock is wonderful.

Thimble71's landscapes are amazing as is the Rosalind Russell ( I agree that her's is the Mame to see). Love all the beads.

Amymarie78's Stitch was perfect and the apple critter was almost mezmerizing in its adorable stare Smiley . I also love her bacon and I am really envious of the little mushroomy hedgehog one!!

Kimbles ginger kitty and stag badges are really well done. The stag could just walk off that! I LOVE her "Grow" badge, very creative. I love the earth cutaway too..deliciously nerdy.

Jillybean's Horde badge was obviously sent to the wrong person...I'm positive it should be mine and the little controller was great! Nice details. Apparently the two packets got mixed up AND sent out wrong, because I am sure Neill Patrick Harris actually requested that Dr. Horrible badge for me as I am his biggest fan (72% percent chance of that). The Swap organizer is great..love the color combo.

I love Interrobam's drawing, very fun...love your style! The hummingbird is insanely detailed and darling. And the teeny leaf within a leaf fox badge is so adorable. Kudos for that stitching work!

Now on to my fun!!  I got my badges yesterday from hgddm! I don't think she realized what one would mean to me....completely accidental. She found some vintage tattoo style badges on my Pinterest and changed it around a bit and made an original one that brought me to tears. I lost my mom three years ago and we had a long standing running joke about getting tattoos (we were both to chicken to do it, my mom also joked about already having ink from radiation treatment) and the only tattoo she said I could get would be an old fashioned "Mom" tattoo. So after she passed I finally became a mother myself through adoption, under weird, almost comical situations, that several people have commented reminds them of something my mom would have orchestrated (she was a world class meddler).

So sometimes I talk to my mom when I am taking a moment away from my now almost 20 month old toddler and the other day I commented that I wished she could see her grandson, because he was quite a mess. Then yesterday I pop open this....

A perfect rendition of the tattoo I would be allowed to have. It was like a sign that I was doing good...we were very silly together, me and mom, and I'm trying to continue that with my little man. We laugh a lot around here now Cheesy!
And with it a darling badge with embossed paper flowers in my current favorite combination of coral and aqua! It has lots of gorgeous stitching that I don't think can really be done justice to with my photography skills.

Thank you Linsey...it is exactly what I needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

145 dependents and counting=
139 dolls, 3 cats, 1 lost Hubby & Roland!
Preppin' for Ro's 3rd Bday- theme=Helicoptors!
http://www.adoptionsbygladney.com (Thank you!)
microjivvy
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2012 11:42:33 PM »

The tattooed mom heart badge with its story is Craftster Kismet that brought a tear to my eye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
whenindoubtsew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2012 11:53:03 PM »

I cant believe my last comment was on page 9 this gallery has exploded
Thimbles71 love those little landscapes particularly the lighthouse
Amymarie78 the apple is gorgeous and what paint do you use on Stitchs face? Mmmmm bacon and hedgehogs (not together of course)
Kimbles that is some amazing stitching on the Patronus and the grow and earth badges
Jillybean I love the colours and stitching on WoW badge and I WANT that Dr Horrible badge
Interrobam I love the design of the hummingbird and the leaves/fox combo
Lylyfai  - your story about your mom and your badge from hdggm brought a tear to my eye how amazing and what a wonderful badge

Phew - I need to not leave it so long between replying  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2012 08:28:28 AM »

Awww.. I'm really touched by the story, Lylyfai! I love when life thows us one of those little "coincedences"...and the old fashioned tatoo design is precious Grin

And everyone- great badges- I like them all, Jillybean's are just adorable and really, everyone else's too Grin
I love the circular design on the hummingbird one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2012 06:28:49 PM »

Hey everyone!  I got some wonderful little felt badges from fancybutch!

here they are all together along with a lovely (handmade?) card...

and here are some thumbnails of more detailed shots...
the luna moth is my absolute favorite!!!

the adorable toad who looks like he's on a lilypad...

and a teeny tiny delicate little needlefelted raven...
I'm thinking of putting this one in a tiny frame because it looks like a tiny little work of art!

fancybutch says it's her first time making badges, but I would never have guessed!  I love them all!  Thanks fancybutch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2012 07:08:21 PM »

I sqqquuueed when I saw the luna moth.  Love them, love FB's design.  Sweet collection all together Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2012 07:55:57 PM »

I left for a week and came back to such eye candy in the gallery! SO MANY AWESOME. My squee at Jilly's Dr. Horrible badge was particularly loud, however.

I had two absolutely incredible and gorgeous and perfect badges from PerfectlyBohemian waiting for me. I am in AWE of these badges. Feast-so-much your eyes on these badboys:

Mexican Folk-Art inspired owl. I love owls! It's funny how we both chose to send each other owls Cheesy Because they rock. I feel that my wee simple owl in no way measures up to this beautiful detail! I adore this. So. Much.

And this beautiful needle-felted toucan!!! How gorgeous, right? Jealous? Smiley I am going to make this into a brooch, so I can show it off all over the place! This is very special to me, and I'm so glad she chose to make a toucan. They're kind of a symbol of hope to me, so very very special.

A group shot with the lovely card, also wonderful Smiley

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH, PerfectlyBohemian!!! I absolutely love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerfectlyBohemian
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2012 09:00:53 PM »

I'm so glad you liked it all, nooo! I love owls, and I saw the owl figurine on your pinterest and just had to mimic it. (I really love my cute, simple one from you though because it is much more the style that I like Smiley ). It took me a couple runs to get the semi-2D/3D needle-felted toucan, but since you made it very clear that you love toucans, I knew I wanted it to work, so Tah-dah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlady

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2012 09:26:33 PM »

I've been watching this gallery and I have to say that the owl badge that PerfectlyBohemian made is unbelievable!!!  I really am in awe. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dreadlady/

ATC ADDICT
Want to swap ATC's?  huh, huh, do ya?
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2012 09:34:09 PM »

Oh wow, so many awesome additions!  I'm really in love (and yes, jealous) of the owl and toucan!  They are so lovely!  great job PerfectlyBohemian!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
TOPSHOP Brings Out The Big Celebrity Shoppers
Best Self Tanners For Fair to Dark Skin Tones
Body Shaming The Curvy Girls
C&C Try: No Makeup
Voguepedia - The Doc With Pat McGrath
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...