A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuff an Envelope Swap (INTERNATIONAL) rd 2 - s/u to 30th June; SENDOUTS July 21  (Read 22059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2012 07:03:31 PM »

Re: apartment flood damage: yeah... I'm guessing about $600 worth of books? And a number of papers. I really haven't assessed the damage yet. Mostly Tuesday was spent "get everything someplace dry!!!" and "clean up the water!" I've spent the week laying out stuff to dry, and washing a ton of laundry. Tomorrow I'll begin weeding through it all & figure out what's salvageable and what's not.

My package will be mailed out tomorrow (Saturday). My local post office is open 9am to 3pm. To celebrate getting stuff moved back into my apartment today, I went and jumped in a lake. On my way home I thought "I'll stop at the post office then go home" but ignored that voice, went home to eat and grab the rest of my mail to avoid 2 trips. My neighbor showed up 10 minutes later frantic because somebody had turned her cat into the pound so I drove her & the post office was closed by the time we arrived.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #211 on: July 21, 2012 02:42:46 AM »

I will be late in sending.  There is absolutely no way around it.    Embarrassed   Sad

Things have been...icky.  By no means as bad as poor Ecclectic's, but...we ran into some financial stuff, and between that and the dumb family drama- I am looking at a late send-out.  I can't send packages off in the mail in exchange for the gas to get DH back and forth to work. 

For some reason, DH feels that being able to keep getting paid takes priority over crafting.  Foolish man!  Roll Eyes

I am so sorry, my swap partners!  I usually am better than this...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2012 05:12:02 AM »

Re: apartment flood damage: yeah... I'm guessing about $600 worth of books? And a number of papers. I really haven't assessed the damage yet. Mostly Tuesday was spent "get everything someplace dry!!!" and "clean up the water!" I've spent the week laying out stuff to dry, and washing a ton of laundry. Tomorrow I'll begin weeding through it all & figure out what's salvageable and what's not.

My package will be mailed out tomorrow (Saturday). My local post office is open 9am to 3pm. To celebrate getting stuff moved back into my apartment today, I went and jumped in a lake. On my way home I thought "I'll stop at the post office then go home" but ignored that voice, went home to eat and grab the rest of my mail to avoid 2 trips. My neighbor showed up 10 minutes later frantic because somebody had turned her cat into the pound so I drove her & the post office was closed by the time we arrived.

Oh man, that is so terrible! Hopefully you can salvage more than you can't!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2012 12:15:03 PM »

I'm standing in line at the post office right now to mail my envelopes, yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
Jenn90000

I love to try new things, too often

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2012 01:37:43 PM »

Just got back from the post office myself.  Envelopes were a little to fat, so I had to send them as a 'small package', but I don't mind.  I was expecting that anyway.  We are only allowed to send an envelope that is less than 100 grams and less than 2 cms fat for regular lettermail..yeah right...like I can stay in those parameters.

Excited to receive.  Might get one next week, the other likely the week after.  International shipping can be sooooo... what is the word...irritating?  I don't have the patience.  I am an instant gratification type of person sometimes.

Thanks for the great swap Mini_mum and IdlersDesign.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Addicted to Pinterest  http://pinterest.com/jenn90000/
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2012 07:31:54 PM »

I sent today also - managed to squeak under the 13 oz. restriction but the envelope to England cost me more than $8.00. But that's half what it would cost if I had to use the small Priority box. The one to I sent with in the US was just under $4.

And sending out 10 puzzle pieces packages and my 4 x 6 art to Europe, I spent over $40. today at the P.O.

Yikes - no more "5 swaps at a time" swapping!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
TwistMySister
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2012 08:16:05 PM »

^ yes post office trips can be sure expensive! lol my jar of whimsies international will probably do me for swaps for a while  Grin 

...so me and my partner have both sent and are waiting to receive our envies. yippee!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2012 03:37:15 PM »

^ I've had a few expensive trips to the post office - I think 35 was the most I've paid for one parcel: but TOTALLY worth it Smiley

Sorry I've been quiet this time round - struggling with health issues atm so life getting in the way of crafting again Sad

Hopefully I'm now ready to stuff (although I don't think there will be room for many supplies in 1 of the envelopes  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2012 06:24:14 PM »

Just got back from the post office myself.  Envelopes were a little to fat, so I had to send them as a 'small package', but I don't mind.  I was expecting that anyway.  We are only allowed to send an envelope that is less than 100 grams and less than 2 cms fat for regular lettermail..yeah right...like I can stay in those parameters.

Excited to receive.  Might get one next week, the other likely the week after.  International shipping can be sooooo... what is the word...irritating?  I don't have the patience.  I am an instant gratification type of person sometimes.

I'm not entirely sure how wide 2 cms is, but I do know it's not much.  It would be tough to meet that regulation!  I agree that waiting for the mail can be frustrating!  I tend to check the mailbox at least three times a day when I'm waiting for something good Smiley.

I sent today also - managed to squeak under the 13 oz. restriction but the envelope to England cost me more than $8.00. But that's half what it would cost if I had to use the small Priority box. The one to I sent with in the US was just under $4.

And sending out 10 puzzle pieces packages and my 4 x 6 art to Europe, I spent over $40. today at the P.O.

Yikes - no more "5 swaps at a time" swapping!!

LOL, I thought that I spent a lot at the post office to mail my three envelopes, now I see that I got off lucky Wink.

^ I've had a few expensive trips to the post office - I think 35 was the most I've paid for one parcel: but TOTALLY worth it Smiley

Sorry I've been quiet this time round - struggling with health issues atm so life getting in the way of crafting again Sad

Mini_mum, I hope all the health issues are resolved quickly!  Thank you so much for organizing this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
SewEnthusiastic

The opposite of war isn't peace it's creation!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2012 01:57:59 PM »

Hi
I have sent both my envelopes, but haven't been updated on the senders list yet Sad I sent on the 12th of July. Thought my partners would have had them by now but maybe it's just taking a while longer from UK to US this time!

Nicola
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
Super Bowl Party Chicken Wings Recipe
Cooking With Rich Future Pizza Recipe
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 2 of 2
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 1 of 2
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...