A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuff an Envelope Swap (INTERNATIONAL) rd 2 - s/u to 30th June; SENDOUTS July 21  (Read 24065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012 11:31:37 AM »

Just sent in my sign-up!

Up in the 1st post mini_mum wrote this:
This is an international swap and the size requirement for the envelope is A5 (US equivalent is about A9 Diplomat size). This can be any type of envelope, as long as it is this size.
I just Googled it too and it looks like it's the one that measures 5 3/4 in x 8 3/4 in, so that'd fit an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet folded the hamburger way. Of course, we'll be filling them with a lot more than that!

LOL!  What is the "hamburger" way to fold a piece of paper?

When it's folded top to bottom, so the short sides are together. It looks more like a hamburger bun this way than when it's folded long side to long side. It looks more like a hot dog bun then. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tree27
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012 12:00:31 PM »

Sent in my questionnaire!

I was taught in elementary school to fold paper the hamburger and hotdog way as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012 12:25:52 PM »

hi all

IdlersDesign has very kindly offered to co-organise with me - those of you who have already sent ?naires don't need to resend, as I'll pass them on, but all new sign-ups, please send them to both of us.

Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012 07:11:24 PM »

LOL!  What is the "hamburger" way to fold a piece of paper?

[/quote]

When it's folded top to bottom, so the short sides are together. It looks more like a hamburger bun this way than when it's folded long side to long side. It looks more like a hot dog bun then. Smiley
[/quote]

That is too funny!  We were taught this weird thing called "horizontal" and "vertical", and also "long" and "short"...must be that old-school learning  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012 09:32:05 PM »

LOL!  What is the "hamburger" way to fold a piece of paper?

That is too funny!  We were taught this weird thing called "horizontal" and "vertical", and also "long" and "short"...must be that old-school learning  Tongue

I never heard of hamburger way vs. hot dog way until I was in high school I think. Working with kids it made more sense to say long and short sides or hamburger and hotdog than horizontal or vertical not because they couldn't learn the terms, but because those depend on which way the paper was being looked at at the time. And if the folds end up creating a lot of angles, like with origami, it can take a while to explain which long and short sides you mean if you aren't demonstrating every step.

Sorry for the off-topic chatter! Um, something swap-related...Er, I'm stoked for this swap! Really! I'm not just saying that so I don't get in trouble. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012 09:34:18 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012 02:07:21 AM »

LOL!  What is the "hamburger" way to fold a piece of paper?

That is too funny!  We were taught this weird thing called "horizontal" and "vertical", and also "long" and "short"...must be that old-school learning  Tongue

I never heard of hamburger way vs. hot dog way until I was in high school I think. Working with kids it made more sense to say long and short sides or hamburger and hotdog than horizontal or vertical not because they couldn't learn the terms, but because those depend on which way the paper was being looked at at the time. And if the folds end up creating a lot of angles, like with origami, it can take a while to explain which long and short sides you mean if you aren't demonstrating every step.

Sorry for the off-topic chatter! Um, something swap-related...Er, I'm stoked for this swap! Really! I'm not just saying that so I don't get in trouble. Smiley

just goes to show - you're never to old to learn something new - I hadn't heard of hamburger and hotdog folds either!

Glad to see we are all keeping up with the communication as requested  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012 05:38:14 AM »

just goes to show - you're never to old to learn something new - I hadn't heard of hamburger and hotdog folds either!

Glad to see we are all keeping up with the communication as requested  Grin
[/quote]

ROFL!  The swap hasn't even started, and I'm getting everyone in trouble already Tongue  I'll get that Neg feedback, yet- for not staying on task!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012 06:06:18 AM »

LOL  I'm glad to see there are so many funny gals out there....I'm super excited for my first stuff an envelope swap! My kids were wanting me to make "shirts" for their stuffies today...so I was going through my stash for scraps, all the time thinking....NO, I need stuff for the swap! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

4x6 Art Swap Fall 2014
adrienne_bowers
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012 06:47:52 AM »

So excited!!  Just sent in my questionnaire     Stoked  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adrienne_bowers
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012 06:50:00 AM »

I remember the last stuffed envelope swap I did on Flickr, we were all told to make sure our envies were covered front and back with packing tape to avoid ripping or tears.   Just thought I'd pass that along and see if you all thought that was a good idea too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Guide: Messy Curls
Beauty Guide: Bronze Smokey Eye
Beauty Guide: Big Hair Blow Out
Obsessed: Skincare Finds
Beauty Guide: Contouring 101
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...