I just finished this modification this afternoon finally because my in-laws just left this morning from a 1 1/2 week visit. I actually bought this shirt in May from my local thrift store and have just been hanging onto it because I didn't have time to sit down with it. I think it was $2.99.
It's a Lane Bryant shirt, size 22. This is the before picture. I knew this would be a big shirt on me, but I loved it so much that I had to have it. The teal and brown are so pretty together, the fabrics are light and airy, and the embroidery on it (although machine-done) reminds me of a Moroccan design. I'm not a plus-sized woman, but I really did LOVE this shirt.
I knew this might be more of an advanced modification than anything I've done so far. I had to remove the stitching from the top and bottom part of the shirt first, on each side, so I could then take in the sides correctly. From both bottom layers, I took about 1.5 cm in on each side of the shirt where it was already pieced together. Then, I had to go back to that horizontal seam and put it back together.
I did really well with this one! I'm surprised that I was able to keep the vertical seams matching on the top and bottom, considering it was just the bottom I took in and not the top. I haven't taken an after picture but it's considerably smaller on me now and it still looks so good! Yay me!