A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How much product to bring?  (Read 1457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amy S.
« on: June 15, 2012 08:40:03 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the forums and also new to craft show selling. (love the forum, here!)

I make wooden desk name plaques, baby name blocks, and other personalized wooden display products. These items I will be personalizing on-site, when purchase is made. I will have precut lettering in assorted colors/styles ready to add to plaques and blocks. (takes me maybe 5-10 mins to add name or phrase) I also make non-personalized home decor products that will be fully finished and ready to sell. I'm a bit frazzled about having to personalize on-site, but I know I can do it.

My question then is.... how much of each to bring? The craft show is a local "home town days" type of fair. It's a two day (weekend) event, and craft vendors are dedicated each day 10am-5pm. I've been going for over ten yrs, and I know that there is always a huge turnout. Thousands, of thousands show during the weekend.

What says everyone?? How do YOU figure out how much product to bring to a show??

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012 04:23:17 AM »

There are some different ideas out there, but the one I usually use is "how much was the space?" Then bring ten times that amount in work. But that was when times were good and everybody had a job. Today I usually take about $2500 in work to any given show.

In your case, first you want to bring enough to fill your booth. Make your booth inviting by having a good amount of available pieces to personalize.  Then double it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
Amy S.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012 07:49:06 AM »

Thanks for the response!

It's an outdoor event, 10x10, and $35.00 for entire weekend. I have several different sized pieces with different price points (between $4-10 each). I guess I'd better bring quite a bit, with the price points I have! LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Philippa Gregory on Writing About Witchcraft
Summer of Two Wishes Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Talks About The White Queen
Michael Ian Black Reads from Chicken Cheeks
Julia Gregson Talks About East of the Sun
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...