A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DONEThe I Need A Funky/Cool T Shirt Now Please Swap(SU June 13-28; SO July 20)  (Read 16794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 13, 2012 03:07:02 PM »

NOW!!! WITH GALLERY!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410873.0

06/13/12

Welcome to the I Need A FCTSNP Swap (you can just call it the T Shirt Swap if you want to...).  The thing that convinced me to join craftsters, was that I wanted to get some one of a kind cool Tshirts.  I've received one so far.  So it's time to grab the t shirt by the horns and start a swap to get me at least one more.

This swap is for one tshirt only.  If you and your partner discuss and agree on extras, that's fine. (please send me a PM if you will be swapping extras so that I am aware).....BUT, if you send an extra and your partner posts "I feel bad that I didn't send more"  or some such, You WILL get negative comments on your feedback. You will be required to make or buy a t shirt that you will then decorate based on the desires of your partner.  The shirt MUST be the size your partner requests,  so if you are making one, make sure you make it to their measurements.  If your partner agrees to it, you can use a thrifted/reused shirt, but check it well for holes and stains.  We want our funky/cool shirts to last a long time.  You are welcome to copy designs, but change it enough so that the shirt is one of a kind some how.  You can use any technique you want to decorate it.  Here are a few tute links to get you thinking...

Image Reproduction Techniques: Stenciling: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406537.0

Image Reproduction Techniques: Screen Printing: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392968.0

Image Reproduction Techniques: Other Image Reproduction Techniques: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392969.0

Swap name: The I Need A Funky/Cool T Shirt Now Please Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: suereal co-organizer: BirdBones
Sign-up date range: June 13 through June 28 (2012) or until full
Date to send item by: July 20th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 20

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? Must be at least 18

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Correct
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A
- Is at least 18 years old: Old as dirt Grin

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

If you want to participate, information to send to both suereal and BirdBones
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: The I Need A Funky/Cool T Shirt Now Please Swap(You can just type Tshirt Swap if you want Grin)
Craftster username:  
Email address:  
Your real name:  
Mailing address including the country, written as it should appear on the package:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

EDIT:  Do you have any allergies that could affect this swap?  Do you have animals that are high allergens?

Please list AT LEAST 6 ideas/themes that you partner can use to make you the most FABO shirt possible.  (examples: Favo TV show/movies, animals, personal idols, bands, or how about a cool tshirt with your favo moderaters avi on it? Personal style (creepy/cute, romantic, steampunk) would go here too, if you don't have a specific image in mind) Feel free to list as many ideas as you want, but at least 6.

Do you want to make the shirt, or will you be buying it?

Do you want to recieve a made shirt or would you prefer a store bought one?

Is the shirt for you or your child/hubby/baby/dog/cat/beloved stuffie?

Do you care if it the shirt you make goes to a loved one of the swap partner and not the craftster?

What technique are you thinking about using?

Are there any techniques/styles you just don't want to receive?  (example: Perhaps you don't like tie dye, or don't want a big picture that covers the shirt, you want something small and delicate.  Or pink makes you break out in hives...)

What type of tshirt do you want to receive?  By this I mean men's style boxy ones, ladies fitted ones, would you rather get a hand made shirt or is bought OK?  Do you need 100% cotton or are blends OK?  Is a reused shirt OK ?  Would a tank top be better?  Things like that..

What size shirt do you want?  This can be a bit tricky with a thrifted shirt, because it could be a large women's shirt OR it could be a large Jr.'s shirt and they are not the same size large.  So I would suggest you pick a shirt that fits like you want and send the store size AND shoulder seem to shoulder seem measurements AND the neck to shirt hem measurements if length is an issue for you.  It is up to you to get the sizing right, so more info is better then less.  If your unsure about where to measure PM me and I will help you figure it out.  There are also different sizes from different countries as well.  

What colors do you like to work with? (If you LOVE a color I will try and match you with a like color minded person.)

What colors can you live without?(If green makes you think of gross things, I don't want to pair you with a greeny)

Is there anything else at all that your partner or organizers need to know about you?

PLEASE post in the forum regularly.  Once a week is fine, more is best.  I'm a fretter and I don't want to be wondering if you fell off a cliff or some such.  I also want a flake free swap, so if you are not sure you can handle the time line, think double hard about joining please;D

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Thanks for looking Grin

MAILING INFO:
We are useing the normal craftster mailing rules...
For packages sent within the U.S., you must use "delivery confirmation" (DC#) or package tracking of some sort when you mail your package. Send the tracking number to the Swap Organizer, Co-org (in this case) and to your partner so that they can record it. The DC number is your proof that you actually mailed your package. If your package is lost in the mail or your partner disappears without reporting that they received, you will still get Positive Feedback if you provided a valid DC to your organizer. The DC number is for your protection!

There are two cases in which you are allowed to skip delivery confirmation:

1. Some shipping places (like the US Post Office) won't do package tracking/delivery confirmation on packages that are too thin, such as normal envelopes. Because of this, papercraft swaps are exempt from the DC requirements, BUT participants are required to resend if for any reason their package is not received.

2. If you are mailing to another country, you are not required to purchase a tracking number. However, you must keep the receipt you get for shipping the item. The receipt should have information about where the package is going. Be prepared to scan this receipt and send it to your organizer if your package doesn't arrive. This is for your own protection! Do not discard the receipt until you have received Positive Feedback for the swap!

C&Ped from the Craftster Swap Info Guide page
http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012 11:46:57 AM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012 03:09:43 PM »

RESERVED--- Grin

1.  suereal
2.  BirdBones
3.  Nymphara
4.  ShannonMN
5.  IdlersDesign
6.  moxiepurple
7.  zzdia
8.  mightyminniemouse
9.  stacysews
10. Artmomto5
11.  mycutezombies
12.  trisarose
13.  Ryn
14.  jillybeans
15.  leighi123
16.  missmandimarie 1st swap Grin
17.  IsikkahJai
18.  Eiseldora
19.  rrrat
20.  jfer007

-------TEAMS-------

GREEN = sent
BLUE = received
PURPLE = sent and received
RED = CONTACT ORGANIZER IMMEDIATELY WITH STATUS
strikethrough= Feedback given

suereal-----mycutezombie
BirdBones-----rrrat
jillybeans-----IdlersDesign
moxiepurple-----Artmomto5
Ryn-----mightyminniemouse
zzdia-----Eiseldora
stacysews-----trisarose
jfer007-----missmandimarie
IsikkahJai-----ShannonMN
Nymphara-----leighi123

And Thanks to Interrobam for the Angeling Grin

Have them in the mail by July 20....2012
Please remember to PM both organizers for all communications
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012 01:33:33 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012 03:46:07 PM »

This is totally up my alley!  And my husband always needs a new shirt (and constantly bugs me for them.  He says that I never make him anything, but then you look at his shirt collection and realized that 75% are ones that I stenciled for him.  Psh!)  Is it ok that I want the shirt for my husband and not for me?  Perhaps my partner will want to do two?  hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012 04:32:45 PM »

Heading out for a needed vacation, but responding so I can remember this one when I get back.   Sounds like fun, Suereal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog

I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.
suereal

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012 05:22:05 PM »

If you want to "give" you tshirt to your Hub jilly, I'm fine with that.  I will try and match you with someone who is OK with that..and I'll add that as an option in the ?s. Grin

And YEAH!  So glad it's on your list MissingWillow Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nymphara
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012 09:41:27 PM »

I just sent in my info, this sounds fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012 09:58:30 PM »

Ooooh, love this swap idea, I've need more geeky shirts. I've been trying to keep from getting into too many swaps, but this is too much fun to resist (and def not as high stress). I'm in once I get my questionnaire answered, suereal! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
suereal

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012 09:19:34 AM »

Excellent!  I was also thinking it should be cheap shipping too.  We can use envelops to mail Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012 11:55:14 AM »

WARNING!

I failed to ask a question about allergies, so it has been added with a EDIT tag near the top of the questions. If you copied the questions to work on them over a few days, please add in something about your allergies and if you have allergens in your home Grin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012 11:55:44 AM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

IdlersDesign

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012 12:24:36 PM »

I always try to put myself on a swap diet but I know I can't resist...so I'm in ;-) And I'm also signing up for a shirt for DH because he also thinks I should make more for him  Wink  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are These 5 Women the Next Big Style Setters?
5 Great Prom Looks for Any Budget
Fashion Tips And Trends For Busy Moms
Are These New White Jeans Actually Resistant To Stains?
These Festival Outfits Are Everything!
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...