A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Microbeadz Comic Magnet  (Read 46811 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , magnet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artzyfartzy
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003 03:18:11 PM »

Ok - I had to go to Joann's today to get some thread - so i picked up some microbeads ...

this is harder than it looks craftster!  little areas of my image kept losing their beads.  I tried to *gently* add some more mod podge to that area and it would get so sticky that the mod podge would turn icky and goey like a ball! AcKKKKKKK what am i doing wrong?  this is my third try today ( the 3rd try -its still drying - crossing my fingers) ..and I got like no work done today doing this project haha! Tongue

but i really like it.  the bits 'n pieces that are coming out look so cool.  My images were a little bigger than a magnet size- now I gotta figure out once I get them looking good - what to do with them?  any ideas anybody..besides a journal or magnet?..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flamgirlant
just your average crafty broad

I may be a woman but I ain't no lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003 09:13:44 PM »

This is a fabulous thread!!  What a great craft - may just have to make myself some magnets this weekend.  Oh, and the jewelry is a great idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2003 07:37:49 AM »

I was googling on tips for using these little no-hole beads fand I found these links:

http://www.biblical.com/flocking.shtml
http://www.happyapple.fsworld.co.uk/page7.html
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/christopherlowell/guest/ornament/ornament1.html

Hope these help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
SunCrush

I love the 80's!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003 02:06:29 PM »

Holy BeJeezers.... I hvae a bowl full of that mini beads thank god there clear.  I am so gonna try this tonight.  Great Idea!!  I have saved them for some stuff.. and now I have an excuse to use them.  Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aprilkiss
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003 02:34:17 PM »

Here is a place where you can buy white ink jet printable magnet paper.  I think it would be great as well, to print out custom magnets and add the microbeads...person al pictures, graphics, etc.  
http://www.custom-magnets.com/ink-jet-magnet-sheets.htm

i think i'm going to order some, i'll let you guys know how well it works.

Cheers.
april
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.zeldasfitz.blog spot.com
"papa was a rodeo,
mama was a rock n roll band..."
neverending

pretty boys make me nervous

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2003 08:16:18 PM »

Here is a place where you can buy white ink jet printable magnet paper.  I think it would be great as well, to print out custom magnets and add the microbeads...person al pictures, graphics, etc.  
http://www.custom-magnets.com/ink-jet-magnet-sheets.htm

i think i'm going to order some, i'll let you guys know how well it works.

Cheers.
april

i had no idea they made such a thing. thats awesome!!

and those magnet things are AMAZING. maybe they will have those beads at wal-mart or something similar??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily*
sparky
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2003 11:34:42 AM »

You can also get the inkjet magnet paper at most computer stores (I bought some at MicroCenter).  I think I've also seen it at office supply places like OfficeMax.

My other favorite inkjet printer specialty paper is temporary tatoo paper.  I just got some last night....at Kmart.  Usually I get it at computer places.  I was surprised to see it in the next to notebooks at Kmart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeborahM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2003 04:19:45 PM »

They actually make a double sided interfacing specificaly for that product so that you can apply the microbeadz to fabric.It works very well on pre washed cotton but not on much els.
I'll have to see if I can find that info again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bibicat

does your mother sew? POW! getta to sew that!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2003 05:47:10 AM »

ok so i went to the craft store & hunted & hunted & HUNTED  Angry for those micro beads... and finally found them with the rubber stamps...   Grin i tried it, and i was having the same problem with the beads sticking... i mean, they came out pretty cool (i used the baseball cards  Smiley) awesome idea... i'm going to keep trying though! hopefully i can get some pictures up tonight... i also made some really cute magnets out of inserts from records, i lightly colored them, i was thinking of selling them, but i feel in love and can't part with them  Cheesy

anywho! thanks for the great idea with the microbeads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"they call me cool ethan"
mrspennywise
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003 05:41:49 PM »

Looking for glass no hole micro beads - for CHEAP?
Go to WWW.PennyWiseArts.C om!!  We have the lowest prices on the internet and can beat the big craft stores by 50% or more!  We have the clear beads as well as 20 colors, with an online color reference chart!  Need more ideas on what you can do with these fun little beads?  Feel free to visit our Yahoo Group!  We have weekly class projects (and files full of past classes) to inspire you!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PennyWiseArts/

Need help solving the adhesive problem?  We reccommend our O'So Sticky Tape line -- it is super strong double stick tape that is perfect for beading anything!

Still having trouble keeping them on your project?  Be careful - if you are "playing" in your beads, you might be transfering lotion or oils to the surface of the beads and this will interfere with their ability to stick!

Still have questions?  Feel free to email me!  

Suzanne@PennyWiseArts.com

Hope this helps!!

Hugs!
Suzanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Winter Fashion Trends
Shapewear Secrets
How to Dress Like the Ladies of Mad Men
How to Dress in Business Casual for Women
How to Pick Lingerie That Complements Your Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...