A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help modifying one pattern to work for another character!  (Read 650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Komekoro
« on: June 12, 2012 09:23:08 PM »

I want to make a Teto amigurumi for a Nausicaa cosplay I hope to do soon. I made Umbreon according to WolfDreamer's Umbreon (http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/08/umbreon-plushie.html) and noticed that it was really close to what I needed for Teto -including the size. Does anyone have any hints on how to modify the umbreon pattern into Teto? This is the first time I've wanted to do something like this, so advice from experienced amigurumi crafters would be really helpful! Especially on how to do the stripes!

Teto size and character reference:
http://beautiful-elegance.tumblr.com/post/25003607392/the-references-im-using-to-try-to-make-an

See the Umbreon pattern for pictures!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012 04:30:11 PM by Komekoro » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012 02:55:00 PM »

For the stripes I would use an applique type thing.  Make a 2-D stripe and sew it on to the finished dog/cat/wolf thing Tongue  as far as modifying it's mostly a trial and error type thing, rip back if it don't look right.  Best of luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkcatflower
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012 03:17:57 PM »

Hmm I agree, I think for the stripes that don't go the whole way around the body (and for the head also), it would probably be easiest to cut out felt shapes and attach (or crochet flat shapes and attach), rather than incorporating the colour changes into your crochet.  For the ones that go all the way around it would be easy enough to crochet the colour changes though (like on the tail).
The pattern looks like a good match though!
Other thoughts:  Make the body shorter and legs thicker?
Not sure how the best way to create the mane/neck ruff would be.

Good luck! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new blog: http://makingitwell.blogspot.com  I'd love for you to visit Smiley
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012 03:48:19 PM »

maybe for the mane part you could try a stuffed doughnut type shape, just a crochet tube that's connected on itself.  or maybe do an applique that's doubled or tripled up to build the width of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Import Into InDesign from Bridge and Color Setting
How to Do a Photoshop Facelift
How to Import a Photoshop File Into Adobe Flash CS3
How to Create a Web Layout from a Photoshop File in Adobe Flash CS3
How to Use InDesign Essentials
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...