A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 21 Summer Soiree Gallery  (Read 41813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2012 08:00:24 AM »

Ok ladies.  From now on, Quaggy is my EXCLUSIVE IYP dance partner!  Wink  I received from her today and the box was so big that my 10 yo DD had difficulty carrying it up the stairs!

(Unfortunately, I cannot take and post photos, so I am going to post a description, and the lovely Quaggy will post photos soon.)

Sit down with a refreshing drink and a snack.  You'll be here awhile!  Grin

Here goes: 

-A navy blue/cream striped "shoebox" (the fancy ones you buy at craft stores), filled with items for my DS, who is off to his first year at college in Sept.  B/c the items are wrapped already, and he is difficult to buy for, I didn't open his items;  I am going to save them for the holidays (we celebrate Xmas/Hanukkah/his birthday all in Dec.). But I DID give him one item that was unwrapped, which was....

-A rustic redish/maroon colored metal coat hook shaped like a ships' "steering wheel" (none of us could think of the correct word!  Roll Eyes)  His dorm room will be nautical themed, and this will be PERFECT!

-A tea box!  With tea in it!  I had this item on my wishlist for me and my son and the generous Quaggy sent us one!  She put on the label of the box 'For Barbara or DS', so I decided to be a nice Mom and send him off to college with it.  Cheesy  (He left for work early, but I texted him that there are goodies in his room from my swap partner.  He can't wait to come home and see them!)

-Aprons (2!), and pillowcases (2!)....one for each of my girls!  Again, with the holidays being as busy as they are here, and since they were already wrapped, I am saving them for the holidays.  So I don't know what they look like, but I can guarantee-sight unseen-that they will be PERFECT for my ladies!  Wink

-Two Texas shaped lollipops!  One each was taped to the top of their gifts.  I let the girls have them right now, and as we speak, all you hear is slurping!  Grin  One is red/cherry, and one is purple/grape, and they taste delicious (the girls let me have a lick)!

-Two pillowcases!  One for me and one for DH!  (By now, you probably have guessed that I didn't unwrap DH's... Roll Eyes Cheesy).....but MINE...rainbow stripey fabric with black strips for the main part, with a strip of blue and green frog fabric, and an end of ladybug fabric!  As per usual-PERFECT!

-A most awesome SUMMER BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Poor Quaggy said she searched Hancocks for some time to find material that matched, with my favorite color being orange, it's not too easy.  But she did great!  It has a flat bottom, then it goes up I'd say about two feet with three different fabric patterns, and then it closes with a rope(?) (not right word, but I don't know right one) drawstring pull!  There are six pockets along the bottom and the inside is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It also has two carrying handles!  Thoughtfully, Quaggy tried to match the style/purpose of what I asked for and received in the 'Geezer' swap, which was picnic type items, which leads me to....

-Enough picnic items to have a picnic for all of Craftster! (And these are all fancy party type items too!)  Here goes:  Large orange/white/light orange paper plates, smaller orange/lime/magenta paper plates with daisies on them, large orange and white napkins with polka dots on them, smaller napkins to match the daisy plates, turquoise/yellow/lime/magenta/white napkins with ladybugs on them, cups to match the orange/lime/magenta plates, and glass salt and pepper shakers with orange polka dots on them!

-Her famous HUSH PUPPY recipie!

-Two potholders, which I was in DIRE need of!  They are made in the same fabrics as the bag, and are round shaped, and can also be used by putting your four fingers/thumb in the flaps in the back.

-A HUGE strawberry shortcake/whipped cream/cherry pincushion in an ANTIQUE glass stand!  Far too lovely to be used as a pincushion, it is on my kitchen table, for all to admire.

-A "groovy"  Cheesy orange/flowered themed notepad!

(I am going to start another post...this one's jumping the more I type...)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2012 08:07:49 AM »

Allright, that was your intermission!  Come back and gather around again!  Grin

Here goes: 

-A bitty orange ceramic owl trinket tray with which she thoughtfully sent a mini orange easel, in case I wanted to display the owl like that...

-A silver pewter(?) frog hanging onto a leaf, with one leaf saying:  "Whatever!"  Grin  It has a red ribbon for hanging and a crystal attached to one end of one of the leaves.

-A little wood box that Quaggy decorated with different colored rhinestones and a wood ladybug that has inside...

-BUTTONS!  Oh, how I love buttons!

-A maroon/cream striped shoebox that held all these goodies, and....

-An AMAZINGLY INTRICATE embroidery that I am completely in awe of b/c I have NEVER seen something done like this in such a detailed manner!  My description won't do it justice, but I will try....It is about five by five inches, on which it says: "I mixed, I baked, I ate" between two detailed cupcakes on top, and then on the bottom it says:  "Death by cupcakes" and under that is three more cupcakes.  I have to put this someplace very safe but where I can look at it all the time!

: Shocked Shocked Shocked Kiss Kiss Grin ;DQuaggy, a MILLION TIMES-THANK YOU!!!!!  It is all amazing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 21, 2012 08:10:57 AM »

*sidesteps back in the room*

Uh, can you believe I forgot to mention something???!!!

-A wooden ladybug/'Welcome' sign that I immediately put on the front door (I just removed the 4th of July star I had on there yesterday... Roll Eyes)...so detailed, with flowers and ribbon, red/yellow/white!  And perfect timing too (see above)  Grin

*sidesteps out of room*  That will be all.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spidermom
« Reply #173 on: July 21, 2012 11:22:56 AM »

omigolly sounds like you received an AMAZING package!  can't wait to see pictures!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2012 12:31:43 PM »

Ahhh, I don't even know where to start, everyones gotten awesome stuff, The skull is Amazing and the yarn looks yummy!!

Rox, did you notice I put a Disney map in the tin??  Heehee.  Thats the thing I found last minute and just had to make for your trip to Disney.  I thought it was so cute!!!!  The boys named him/her.  And I may have gotten your package while I was out yesterday, have to go see at the PO later today!!!!  Grin 

Ack!  I did notice the Disney map!  I love him!!  Of course I'll share with Lana.
Now please run to the PO and get your package.  I can't wait for you to open it!!!

Wow Miss Barbara!!  Sounds like an amazing package.  And no fair claiming Quaggy as your exclusive IYP partner.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2012 01:11:49 PM »

I received from alwaysinmyroom today!!!

I absolutely love everything!!

First, there was this adorable tote bag, which I will be using as my carry-on on my trip today!:

And inside, it was like Hermione's bag...I kept finding more things!!

This adorable hat and matching scarf that my daughter immediately claimed!  Hopefully she will share!  Cheesy

Then these hilarious disguised fruit felt badges!!  Love the moustaches!!

each one has a name and story: 
ollie - aka citrus kid - wanted for having nothing rhyme with orange
slippery peal - aka banana boy - wanted for slip and fall insurance fraud
lying lemon - aka sour puss - wanted for cleaning up homes
red - aka strawberry fields - wanted for being seedy
pearlito = aka mr pear - wanted for being mushy

Grin

A super cute pincusion!  Fabric bowl that has a great mix of colors!  Wonderful hand stamped notecards!  Lovely coasters!

Thanks so much Linda!!! Everything is perfect!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2012 01:24:30 PM »

Always, please tell us what that yarn is called? It is stunning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2012 02:06:07 PM »

Rox, I took a pic of the blanket to kinda show its size  Grin I tried to get a pic with a measuring tape but someone inisted they were better at measuring  Grin

AND I GOT MY BOX!!!!!!  WOW!!!  I WE were sooooo spoiled!!!  I feel totally like my package was not up to par!!  Sorry for the amount of pics, I guess it was a good thing we agrees to take pics before we sent hey Rox??  Cheesy

I don't even know where to start.....OK, I got an awesome captured chainmaille bracelet, isn't it beautiful??

The twins LOVE Phineas and Ferb, so she made them EACH a stuffie, one got Agent P and the other got Perry

Ethan has kidney disease and only 1 kidney, so Roxanne made him another!!  He hugged it and said to me, "Mama, now I'm stronger!!"  Awwwww. Smiley

Ethan also got some felt animal masks.  Heres a fox one

And all three of them

Daysie got tons of goodies!!!  She got 4 pairs of babylegs, I LOVE these things!!  They're so cute on big fat babys legs.  She got a nice size taggy blanket and 3 bibs all in adorable fabric!!

Then I got some beautiful hand dyed yarn by Roxanne.  I LOVE the colour!!!  And some gummies for all of us, but the boys are gone for 5 days and I'm not promising there will be any left  Grin

Liam and Aidan also got some Perry printouts that we will work on when they get back.  They look so fun

This is not a very detailed shot, but I thought you deserved an action shot cuz I LOVE the jewellery so much!!  I got a girly skeleton cameo.  I LOVE LOVE it!!

Heres a pic of all the stuffies

And Ethan needs help learning his letters, so Roxanne made him this awesome alphabet set.  They look different, but I just wanted to show both sides.  One side is blue with lowercase letters and the second side is red with uppercase letters!!  He was sooooo happy to get these.  he took them with him to Nanas cottage so he can work!!!

And finally, Quenton got an awesome shirt!!!    Roxanne felt so bad that she was making all these goodies but nothing for Quenton, hes 15 and teenage boys can be difficult to craft for, so we worked together and thought a shirt would be good and I found the perfect saying for it.  Well, he was running out the door and I said WAIT!!!  And I showed him his shirt.  He said "Sick!!!" (I never understand how thats a good thing, but it is!!  Cheesy) "Where did you get that?"  He thought I had bought it for him.  I told him you made it for him and he ran out the door with it.  Threw it in his bag cuz hes going to a concert tonight and wants to wear it.  Unfortunately, he wouldn't slow down for a pic, but I'll get one when he comes home tomorrow.  The shirt says "Loading Swag"  Then theres a loading bar, almost done, then it says "Error....Excessive files found"  hahaha, it is SOOOO him!!!!  I promise to get an action shot. 

Thank you so much Roxanne!! You've left me and the kids speechless!!  I've loved this swap so much cuz the best thing I got from it was an awesome friend like you!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHH!!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2012 03:09:34 PM »

Hi Mama!! 

Um, I think something wiggled it's way out of the package you sent.  My blanket did not come with an adorable baby.  Smiley

Here's a shot of Q's tee.  Smiley

And here's a shot of the TOLPs and peapod pendant. 

I hope you had a wonderful Bday.  Seeing all those smiling faces made my day!  I'm so happy that you liked your goodies!  Smiley  We love ours!!
Rox

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2012 03:10:40 PM »

Even more amazing stuff! I love the red and black star blanket from mama24boyz, the beautiful bracelet from the new underthemountain, the gorgeous colors in the fabric bowl from alwaysinmyroom and the tantalizing descriptions from so much in quaggy's package to miss barbara!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
FHI Heat Technique Ceramic Ion Styling Iron Review
Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Straightener Review
How to Create Volume with a Round Brush and Blow Dryer
What Hair Extensions to Choose
How to Flatten Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...