A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 21 Summer Soiree Gallery  (Read 42412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2012 03:27:07 PM »

Yowza! Love all the little tiny creatures in the skull! Like a search and find  Cheesy

Awesome package from loudxmouse! Yummy yarn and that cloud pendant is so sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2012 03:43:46 PM »

Aww, what a sweet little bento kit! I love the colors of that yarn too.

I'm oddly not a fan of Day of the Dead-style stuff (believe me, it's really odd that I'm not), but I love all the little pictures that make up that skull! I think it's perfect that it's a notebook cover. It reminds me of doodling in class Cheesy Seriously amazing that it's all done in thread, OGD! Great touch with the sea-theme quilted into the sea-themed quilted tote too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2012 04:17:03 PM »

nooo...so glad your package got to you safe and sound!!.....and hope that you are as happy with it as I am with what you made for me!!...

The skull was a 'little' project that I started while recovering from surgery which turned into a way bigger one than I had expected..... with NO PLAN when I started, each little addition had to fit just so!!!

I stitched a "ogd" and "nooo" in there as well..... can you find them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2012 04:29:34 PM »

This gallery is A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2012 04:31:10 PM »

Wow!  That skull is mindblowing!!  The colors in the yarn are yummy and I love the little rain cloud pendant!

Now get your wisting fingers ready because today Mama24boyz's (and 1 girl) package of wonderfulness came.  Smiley  (Mama and I agreed to take pics so that we wouldn't have the burden of taking all the photos and could just post action shots, but this package is so great that I have to share them with all of you now!)

So originally we were doing a personal swap, but one thing led to another and pretty soon because of Mama's generosity she was crafting a ton of goodies.  Here are the goodies!

First, my fav piece.  A star afghan blanket for my niece Victoria who is turning 2 in a few days.  Speaking of Bdays....
Happy Bday Mama24Boyz!!The blanket is lovely and knit in a soft, cuddly acrylic and big enough that she won't outgrow it anytime soon.  Ooh, Victoria is going to LOVE this!  Smiley  She has black hair and wears lots of red so this is ultra perfect!!

The original talk was about unicorns and owl hats.  Smiley  Mama was kind enough to crochet 2 owl hats...one for Lana and one for her bff Lauren whose Bday is in August!  Smiley  I loved the turquoise/brown for Lana and purple is Lauren's favorite color.  YAY!!  

and Mama made 2 unicorns--a mama and her baby.  Smiley  Mama had made a unicorn for my niece Kira in the OWS.  They are loved!!

Sorry for the long post, but there's more.  What?!!  You're hungry?  Here take a virtual break and have a piece of the delicious candies Mama sent!  There are Smarties, Kindereggs (YUM!), Kinder chocolate, and a coffee bar.  Only take 1 okay.  I'm watching you!

Mama sent me these jump rings after I expressed my exasperation at not being able to find colored rings here.  I was going to make her a Byzantine weave bracelet with her kids birthstones.  I guess I have the rings now so no excuses...

Mama is such a thoughful swapper.  She not only surprised me with candy and a baby unicorn, but with a friend.  Inside an Altoid tin we got a little friend named Spikelyn.  Eek!  He's so adorable.  Did you notice his little wee camera?  I think we should all do a swap around these little creatures!

This swap was really fun because I got to know a really wonderful person and crafting for her and her kids gave me great joy.  Thanks Mama24boyz and 1 girl for being such a wonderful person and partner!!  And thanks so much Luckdragon and Redstar for organizing an amazing swap.

Action shot of Lana with all of her loot.  Smiley  A smile is worth a thousand words!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2012 04:35:57 PM »

So many more great packages! OGD's stuff is awesome, but I esp like the tiny house brooch and the quilted tote. From loudxmouse, the rain necklace is a super cute idea, and the yarn is so pretty. Mama24boyz's star afghan is AMAZING...I'll be pinning that one for sure. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2012 06:05:55 PM »

Awwww, the unicorn with the ruffly ankles makes my heart melt a little bit Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2012 06:38:12 PM »

Ohmygoodness!
I am so glad you like everything whimsicallyobesessed!
You were so much fun to craft for, and we have so much in common.

I am dying not being able to post pix yet. I created a new flickr from my phone and uploaded the pix, but can't copy/paste the img tags on my phone. I will venture to use the sketchy public computer at mt apts tomorrow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #168 on: July 21, 2012 06:33:15 AM »

Ahhh, I don't even know where to start, everyones gotten awesome stuff, The skull is Amazing and the yarn looks yummy!!

Rox, did you notice I put a Disney map in the tin??  Heehee.  Thats the thing I found last minute and just had to make for your trip to Disney.  I thought it was so cute!!!!  The boys named him/her.  And I may have gotten your package while I was out yesterday, have to go see at the PO later today!!!!  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #169 on: July 21, 2012 07:12:45 AM »

I just went through the pics again cuz I knew there was something else I needed to comment on That peacock is AWESOME!!!  I love it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold and Sew a Trousers
How to Sew a Torn Seam
How to Put a Thread on a Sewing Machine
How to Create Ruffles
How to Mend a Patch
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...