A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,364
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 21 Summer Soiree Gallery  (Read 55834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigo_roses
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2012 02:52:00 PM »

Wow, I'm loving all of the yarn!!! The rest of the package is great as well. Smiley

Love the quilted hoopla, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2012 06:08:48 PM »

cute hoop!  Was it paper pieced?  I'm trying to learn more about quilting...just the how to part..not the do part.  Smiley

No it wasn't paper pieced.  The pointed pieces were shaped by sewing and ironing them into the proper shape and then sewing them to each other to make the circle.  Might sound complicated but once I got the hang of it, it went quite quickly.

Check out this post, it has an in progress picture that probably explains it better than I did.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 06:12:41 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2012 08:58:42 PM »

ORGANIZER NOTE!![/color]

redstar13 has been ill so if you are in her group, please make sure you add me to your PM on send/receive status.  I have moved her list to the first page with my groups and have updated it to the latest status I have.  If you are in her group and your status is wrong, please let me know!

Thanks!!

And you all are doing fabulous work!! I'll make more detailed comments later, but I'm loving everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2012 11:39:06 AM »

I received an INCREDIBLE package from onegroovyday this morning! I thought it would arrive yesterday and that the mailman bungled it, and was terrified that something would go wrong (anxiety!), but alas. Package from OGD arrived safe and sound and filled with magic and I love it.

This beautiful quilted tote with a mosaic fish. I adore the colors and this is exactly what I needed Smiley

Behold the quilting on the back. It's a little hard to see, but it's an underwater scene with seaweed and fish and everything. So awesome!

I was so excited to dig into my package that I didn't get a shot of everything all wrapped up, but OGD wrapped items in these lovely fabrics Smiley I adore all of them! My favorite is the light green with the tropical birds with long tails! Can't wait to make something out of it. Also, the dia de los muertos fabric matches a purse I got from Lani a while ago, I use it everyday, so I can make something to match! Perfect!

A beautifully stitched tiny house felt badge, and a lovely necklace that says "dream" and a tiny felt bird! True story, i was gushing about my package to Mr Nooo and said "Look at this tiny felt bird she made!" and he grabbed the little bird and popped the whole thing in his mouth, I almost died! What a turd. The bird was unscathed, Mr. Nooo thought he was hilarious and I grumped at him for a few minutes. cheeky.

And THIS. A journal cover with refills. I can't begin to tell you guys how incredible this is. The stitching is so tiny and out of this world. #1. Seriously, so good.

Here is a close-up. There are little birdies, fish, feathers, even a tiny sloth! So FANTASTIC.

A perfectly done mug rug! I really really love this, too! I thing it may have to be a wall hanging!

And last, but not least, an OGD recycled sweater peacock!!! I have loved this since I first laid eyes on it Smiley Now I have one of my very own!

Thank you SOOO MUCH, Mindy! I really LOVE everything. Such a great swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2012 12:15:17 PM »

The package from OGD is so wonderful...of course!  I especially love the mug rug, and that embroidered skull is just fantastic! It makes me want to do one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
miknessevie
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2012 12:39:31 PM »

what a lovely peacock!  the colors are just wonderful on the whole package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2012 12:42:48 PM »

That package is amazing! Love the peacock of course!! And the insane detail on the dead-of-the-dead skull notebook cover!! Any chance for more close-ups on that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2012 01:31:23 PM »

That package is amazing! Love the peacock of course!! And the insane detail on the dead-of-the-dead skull notebook cover!! Any chance for more close-ups on that?

Here's a closer shot! Amazing, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2012 02:36:53 PM »

I received a ton of spoilage from my partner today! Cheesy loudxmouse sent me lots of goodies!
She made me a cross stitch of a quote from a mewithoutyou song. We both love them! I absolutely love this cross titch! Cheesy

She made me this lovely rain cloud necklace I miss rain so much luckily we have gotten a couple of days of it because we are in a severe drought here! I really miss the grass too!

She handspun this gorgeous yarn for me! I have to admit this is my ultimate favorite thing! I've never received any handspun yarn! I LOVE it! I adore the colors and the name is too cute! The only problem is that I will have to find something super awesome to make out of it (for me and me alone this time hehehe)

And a group photo Wink

Then if that werent enough! (oh and it was! I feel bad now wish I had made more! LOL) She sent me really awesome extras!

Some homemade spiced hot chocolate mix, and cinnamon bun marshmallows to go with them <3 oh man... After I finish this I dont think I can resist any longer making me and Eliana up a mug! marshmallow 3 musketeers, Some herbal tea (Love tea! cant wait to try these!)

She sent me some skinny cards which are really neat, A handy little notebook for my bag (I needed one of these badly to keep track of appointments and such) plus the cutest little strawberry bento box kit! She even made a cute little band to hold them together!

Thank you so much for being my partner and for everything I love it all! You are awesome and this has been a blast! Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2012 02:40:23 PM »

wow what awesome work onegroovyday! Love everything! Lucky  esp that skull, mug rug and peacock! Love this gallery its always so awesome! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of Sustainable Shoemaking
How Art History Classes Inform Graphic Arts Education
How an Art Mentor Affects the Development of an Artist
Architect Winka Dubbeldam in London
UberPrints Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...