A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 21 Summer Soiree Gallery  (Read 41415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2012 11:36:36 AM »

Noooo, everything you made is soo wonderful that it is hard to pick a favorite.  I really love the mug rug and the tree ring!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2012 12:59:29 PM »

Nooo, your package is AWESOME (as is to be expected!) but I especially love the mug rug and the altered tin lid. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
miknessevie
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2012 01:16:13 PM »

I can barely contain my excitement!! I got my package from Leslieshappyheart today and everyone is going to be soooo jealous!   I have to find my camera!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
miknessevie
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2012 01:21:14 PM »

oh wow!  I just took a look at all the latest pictures.  Love the cute little crochet animals and the hoop with scissors attached and the colors of noooos items are so nice.  Everyone is just getting some great stuff this round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2012 06:17:38 PM »

I received from my lovely partner, PerfectlyBohemian,on Monday evening - I had to work late, raging headache, and didn't get these pictures posted (of the wonderful package she sent me) until today - This may take a while - she sent me so many nice, and beautifully made things:

The package as it arrived, a box FULL:

Mushrooms!  A mushroom ballpoint pen-fun!  Mushroom pins - cute!  A lovely, detailed mushroom felt brooch - you cannot believe the stitches on this:

Next - a little gnome house (pincushion), all I can say is wow - she incorporated so many of my favorites on this - it is a felted sweater (I believe) with embroidery all over - four views - I tried to capture each "scene" on the little house - a sunflower, a gnome, poppies, a tree, a little round window, and a small woodbark door.  This is remarkable.  Such expert stitching.

Next, a felted pillow cover, that totally compliments another cushion cover PerfectlyBohemian made me in the Craft a Cushion Cover Swap Round 2 - this bird is beyond pretty - I just love looking at him perched on that branch.

AND, a Teesha Moore patches bag - all hand stitched - all perfectly put together for me -  This is where the picture overload really starts - each of the patches has embroidery accents and the stitching that frames each of the patch borders is just lovely.  I cannot get over it is mine - front and back pictures-

The strap detail - inside - I love this turquoise fabric - remember ALL HAND STITCHED!

The bag's lining - beautiful poppies - just right for me!

Some of the intricate, beautiful patches - again, patches with my favorite things:

And - this side panel of the bag is a favorite fabric of mine - PerfectlyBohemian didn't know that, so this shows you how well she keyed into my favorite things - I have about a yard of this fabric, and I just love that she incorporated it in this bag.  Jess, I can't thank you enough!

I used it today - I carried my lunch in it - tomorrow, it may house a handsewing project for me to take to the office and I will work on it during my lunch hour - I think it will be a good activity to relax me in the middle of the day!

Then, she sent me a bonus - a bird "nesting" ball - it's a grapevine like ball, with lots of wool roving and little pieces and bits, and I'll add more yarn or little pieces of fabric scraps and threads, and hang the ball outside for birds to use in making their nests.  I may have to wait until fall or next spring to use it outside - we're having a bad drought here and the poor birds are hardly seen or heard, except around the lakes and ponds and parks in the area - it's just too dry for them to live in the central part of the town I live in.  But I'll bet they will be back in the fall if we ever have rain again.

I'm late sending to her, but I think she "won" between the two of us sending the best package - now I have to leave Craftster and get her package items finished!

Thank you, Jess - you were a most fabulous partner to have!  I am one lucky gal!!
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2012 06:39:50 PM »

Beautiful package from Perfectly Bohemian!  The "patchy" bag is fantastic, and I adore the gnome house pincushion!  Lucky, lucky fiddlegirl8!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2012 08:21:55 PM »

Wow! That is an awesome package!!! I'm lucky to have some felt badges by PB and she does fantastic work! I just adore the mushroom brooch and the tm bag! I love the bird nesting ball idea, too. Must borrow that idea! I've got some wrens around the house that would love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PerfectlyBohemian
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2012 09:04:20 PM »

My favorite part about the nesting balls is that if you find a nest in your yard, it could have lovely, colorful scraps woven in Cheesy I might have to hang one on my porch even though we don't really have a yard (live in a condo).

I just wanted to clarify that the gnome house was inspired by a similar pin cushion that I saw on pinterest. The biggest difference is that I added the gnome and changed some colors and used a bit of needle felting... The fabric is wool, but they were samples I bought at a country store (not recycled Sad ). And I honestly didn't realize how many mushrooms were in the package when I sent it Tongue

FYI, nooo: I got my vine balls at Pier 1 for less than $2 a piece. I had problems finding them elsewhere here, but most places have a Pier 1. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miknessevie
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2012 10:02:13 PM »

I just received the most thoughtful, lovely package from leslieshappyheart!  I just love everything in it!  First up is my favorite- a farm play mat!  Leslie is a master quilter and I have the best, most durable play mat for my kiddos.  She said I could even machine wash it!!

Oh- what's this?  Five adorable wooden cows by Anamalz to go with it!  Perfect since I will be having my 5th child born Sept. so there won't be any fighting over who gets a cow.

There is a stream with pond and lots of fields to play on.  There are also some puffy bushes and hedges!

We decided to swap prayer flags as well and- wow- this one is a beauty!  I love the colors!

Two felt patches, which I adore.  I reallly adore.  I have a love for chickens and sheep.  These are really so lovely!

Ok so this is not the best picture.  This apron is so much better looking than it turned out on the chair.  This is my first ever pretty apron and I'm soooo excited to use it!  I have very bla aprons which only serve their purpose but do nothing for looks.  My kitchen is even yellow so the colors in this are perfect!!

And to boot, Leslie made me matching towels!  I love these and had wanted to make some but I had a feeling that I would never actually get around to making them.  Again, I love the colors and I finally have some nice looking ones!

Oh my what next!  A berry bag!  Ahh I had soo wanted one of these.  Even the colors on this are perfect.  And what is inside?  Some charms!

So that last picture didn't turn out too clear.  The charms are on a piece of fabric that came as well.  Leslie if you have better picture to show off your masterpieces, please post them.  Everything is so well made and I am just so honored to own some of your sewn items.  Thank you so so so very much!

(I really have swap anxiety now  Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2012 01:32:48 AM »

What fantastic packages!

I love the gnome pincushion and lovely mushroom goodies!

Fabulous playmat! Gorgeous stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Darken a Room Using Curtains
How to Make Your Own Insulated Curtains
How to Make a Long Stitch
How to Stitch an Eyelet
How to Make Hand Embroidery Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...