A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 21 Summer Soiree Gallery  (Read 39690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_tattoos
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012 04:11:53 PM »

amazing job as usual, sheepblue! you rock my socks! =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012 07:06:29 PM »

UntouchableFace, I'm so happy you like everything  Grin It was so much fun crafting for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012 05:23:33 AM »

Where can I go to get one of those scarfs?  That is amazing and beautiful.  Pinning it now.....

Ok you guys are giving me crazy swap anxiety!  I am totally intimidated and now want to rethink everything I'm sending to sweety28303.....Thi s board is amazing and I think I am way out of my league! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012 07:31:23 AM »

Ok you guys are giving me crazy swap anxiety!  I am totally intimidated and now want to rethink everything I'm sending to sweety28303.....Thi s board is amazing and I think I am way out of my league! 

rubylynns, I feel your 'pain'  Cheesy  Averia and I agreed that we would swap ONE and only ONE item for this swap but that ONE item is labor intensive on both our parts.  After seeing the last package I'm afraid our posts are going to seem ridiculously small but I keep reminding myself that is the nature of this kind of swap.  You and your partner agree on what you are going to swap (or the amount of points you will make) and go with that, which means there will be all sorts of differences in packages........if I remind myself of that enough, I'll not feel bad when we post our one item.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012 11:18:35 AM »

You know what, it's better to stick to what you and your partner agreed upon, and be comfortable with that-IMHO-than to have swap anxiety about what you sent.

Besides, it's hard to measure what is "spoiling" and what is not.  I send a lot, but that's mostly because I crochet to relax, so it's something I do a lot, so most of what I send in my swap packages is crocheted.  It doesn't take me that long, and both myself and the recipient benefit from it.  I also mostly use stash supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012 11:46:42 AM »

Oh its not even the spoiling, its the skill level that some of you guys have.  It can be very intimidating hah.  I wouldn't even begin to know how some of this stuff is made.  I love being in it though.  Hopefully some of this skill will rub off on me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012 01:35:49 PM »

Hey everyone! I am out of Internet access except for limited cell coverage. I'll reply to PMs and update status tomorrow eve!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012 05:18:08 PM »

I received from StickerChic87 today! Behold the awesome goodness!

First up we have an amazing Abbey Road pillow cover! This seriously rocks and is absolutely perfect for me! I don't know if I ever told Sticker this or if she is just psychic but my entire family has a thing for this album cover. This couldn't be better! AND the mustard, golden yellow is one of my favorite colors!

Holy wow, people, look at these matryoshkas! They are priceless. Look at the faces and the hair! Have you ever seen better hair? I haven't! I have no idea how she got it so perfect. It looks like an embroidery machine did it! No kidding! It is professional quality. And the flowers are just wonderful too! Sticker, these are gorgeous.

My birthday was last week so the ever-thoughtful Sticker sent me a birthday card (also professional-quality and perfectly me). There's a lace hair clippy too with the coolest button center and a coin from the Caymans that has been turned into a magnet! I collect anything from anywhere besides where I live Smiley There're also pamphlets and postcards from Sticker's vacation during this swap (that's a build-your-own Lincoln Memorial one on top! A crafty postcard!) and a travel-themed journal with orange stripes! Does not get more me, folks. Seriously.

And finally we have an item I have been coveting on pinterest for a while now:

A lotus pincushion! I love the shape: so fun to pat and poke at! I didn't think it'd be this much fun but it is! I love it so much.

She even put a button in the middle!

Sticker, if we partner again I'm going to have to put 911 on speed dial because I don't think the old ticker can't take any more near-heart attacks induced by awesome swap packages and I'm only 27! Smiley It's a risk I'm willing to take Cheesy

Thank you so, so much for everything. I love it, adore it and appreciate it all. Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012 05:32:46 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012 10:45:01 AM »

Awesome package from StickerChic87!  Everything is wonderful, but I ADORE the little matroyshkas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012 01:51:13 PM »

I love the IYP's because you get to tailor it to you and your partner...

I am also blown away by the variety of things...I love looking and getting great ideas...and I, too, hope that I learn new things!

WOW!  Those screened pieces are gorgeous....

I also love the Beatles cushion...the colors are wonderful...and I also like the lotus pincushion...I collect them and that is one I don't have... (hee hee)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lighting Techniques
Photography Tips - How to Protect Camera Lens
How to Use a Neutral Density Graduated Filter
How to Shoot Great Portrait Photos
How to Shoot Landscape Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...