A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jacob's Ladder Crocheted Hexagon (with pattern)  (Read 1130 times)
Tags for this thread: crochet_pattern , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 09, 2012 05:56:06 PM »

Jacob's Hex Crocheted Motif

This motif was created for Round 3 of the Scavenger Hunt Crochet Motif Swap, but was inspired by fantasticmio's amazing Jacob's Snakes and Ladders blanket. And then, when she posted a tutorial for the Jacob's Ladder, and made it look so easy, I decided to give it a try.

Jacob's Hex
designed by craftADDchick (CJ Gould), April 2012

Ch 15

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 10, dc in last 2 dc (4 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in next dc, ch 10, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next st (6 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 3: ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next st, ch 10, dc in next st, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next st (8 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 4: ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 st, ch 10, dc in next 2 st, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next st (10 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 5: ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 3 st, ch 10, dc in next 3 st, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next st (12 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 6: ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 4 st, ch 10, dc in next 4 st, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next st (14 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)
   - Put stitch markers at each end of the row

Row 7: ch 3, dc2tog, dc in next 4 st, ch 10, dc in next 4 st, dc2tog, dc in next st (12 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 8: ch 3, dc2tog, dc in next 3 st, ch 10, dc in next 3 st, dc2tog, dc in next st (10 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 9: ch 3, dc2tog, dc in next 2 st, ch 10, dc in next 2 st, dc2tog, dc in next st (8 dc, 1 ch 10 sp)

Row 10: ch 3, dc2tog, dc in next st, ch 6, dc in next st, dc2tog, dc in next st (6 dc, 1 ch 6 sp)

Row 11: ch 3, dc 2 tog, ( Follow fantasticmio's tutorial for linking the chains!), sc 1 in last loop, dc2tog, dc in next st (4 dc, 1 sc)

Row 12: ch 1, turn, sc evenly around, putting 3 stitches in each corner and 3 stitches at the marked ends of Row 6.
   - Slip stitch to first sc, fasten off ,weave in ends.

It stitched up pretty quickly, and I think they'd look pretty cool in a bunch of colors all stitched together. I think they'll "tesselate" together pretty well.

Note: The photo is of the first one I made. I made a couple of slight modifications to the pattern to make the border round look neater and to get the side corner "points" more even looking. The pattern hasn't been tested by anyone but me, so if you try it and find any mistakes, please let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012 11:30:51 AM »

I've been fascinated by those tutorials too, and still haven't tried it! Aargh! Thanks for sharing the pattern, this might be the right thing to give the ladder a try. Do you know what your partner made from the hex?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012 05:24:59 PM »

I don't know if she's made anything yet. Since it was part of the motif swap, it was all about random motifs. I know that my solo hex will be part of a larger motif blanket. But, I'm looking at some pink and ruby yarn that could become a set of hexes once I find some other colors. Then, I think I might take a stab at a pillow... I'll be on a road trip at the end of the week and crocheting keeps me from getting car sick, so I may have to make some along the way. In fact, I think I'll try to find a complimentary yarn in the next day or two so I'm ready to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hacienda Book Trailer
George Melloan Talks About The Great Money Binge
Paige Toon Talks About Chasing Daisy
Laurie Abraham Talks About The Husbands and Wives Club
Andrew Clements Talks About We the Children
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...