A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SINGER 7442  (Read 802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 08, 2012 08:45:39 AM »

Brand: Singer

Model: 7442

Year: 2009

Cost: ~$350

How long have you had the machine? 3 years

Is it a basic sewing machine, serger, or embroidery machine? Basic sewing machine

What are your favorite features? The decorative stitches, the reverse stitch button (no presser foot necessary), and the top-loading bobbin.

What are some of the unique features it has? When reversing decorative stitches, the machine does 4 small tacking stitches to secure the stitch. When selecting decorative stitches and adjusting the stitch width and length accordingly, the machine beeps to tell you when the stitch length and width are ideally set for the chosen stitch.

How well does it run? It runs pretty well. When I first got it I thought it ran very smooth and quiet, but it is getting rougher and louder as time goes on (probably normal). The machine skips stitches when using certain fabrics (such as fleece) and does not handle several layers of fabric (especially heavier weight) very well.

Has it ever broken or needed maintenance you couldn't do yourself? A few broken needles, which were probably my fault. Other than that, basic maintenance has been very easy.

What are your least favorite features? The machine always ends stitches with the needle in the upright position. Even if your foot is off the presser foot, it will try to complete the stitch. This took a while to get used to and I broke quite a few needles this way. The machine will try to push through the fabric no matter what because it has to complete the stitch cycle to end with the needle in the up position. Skipped stitches are frequent and annoying.

Would you recommend this machine to a friend? Yes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Beauty Gadgets Perfect For Holiday Gifts
How To Get a Classic Holiday Makeup Look
Backstage with Mally Rancol at the Tracy Reese Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...