A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mr dangly - knitted monkey (with pattern)  (Read 162230 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi , monkey , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftymodster
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2005 10:54:58 AM »

Mr. Dangly has so much charm!  Thank you so much for the gracious pattern.  I am in a knitted 'toy' making kick right now, so this might need to be added to the to-do list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'd rather be creating an utter mess
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2005 10:25:50 AM »

I finished my acrylic worsted Mr. Dangly, so pictures are soon to come but Nutella I also bought some Target yarn and I was wondering what needle size too.. I can't wait to start my fuzzy monkey! Grin

I asked kathyruth and she said it was two strands held together, she thinks on size 6 needles. A single strand would call for a size 4 needle (I checked their "pattern books"- also in the $1 section) and that's what it said for a regular knitted item (like the wine bottle bag).

I can't wait to start him. STILL have to attach poor Mr. Dangly #1's limbs! He has a scarf and a tail and no arms or legs! eep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
cthulhulovesme

The littlest Great Old One that could.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2005 10:11:00 AM »

I just finished a Mr. Dangly of my own.

I added the scarf to sturdy up the neck a bit, but otherwise I'm really happy with how he turned out.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010 06:59:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
greengirlak
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2005 04:13:32 PM »

Started my Mr. Dangly last night!  Can't wait to finish him and show him off!  (my husband keeps giggling and saying..."I have a Mr. Dangly" in his dirty old man voice.  (hee hee)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2005 04:36:44 PM »

ever get stuck again take a visit to www.knittinghelp.com.. wonderful vids to watch to figure out how to knit those stitches!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2005 11:28:13 AM »

I started knitting my Mr. Dangly 2 nights ago and I'm onto the legs already, a really easy pattern to follow! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambrrdawn
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2005 12:19:49 AM »

I was making a Mr. Dangly with yarn from my stash since I'm totally broke and jobless... but I ran out of yarn! So mine only has a body, head and two arms. Sigh. I guess he'll have to hang out in my yarn bag for a while until I can afford to complete him.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. ~Confucius

My knitting blog:
http://hugsandstitches.blogspirit.com/
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2005 05:26:09 PM »

ambrdawn, don't feel bad- my Mr. Dangly was without arms OR legs for nearly 2 months! I just sewed all 4 on to him minutes ago... pictures coming soon!

And here he is in all his hand-dyed yarn and stoned button-blue eyes. (With a rather un-glam and very shiny me!)

Yeah... I wouldn't recommend modifying the arm and leg patterns... They look ok now, but as I was doing it, I was quite worried. I *did* make his face quite a bit shorter (I did not include any of the rows between 'switch to fawn' and the start of the decreases.)

The next one is being made exactly as the pattern states!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005 06:19:14 PM by Nutella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2005 03:53:51 AM »

I finished my Mr. Dangly a couple of days ago (he took a mere 4 days to knit!), sorry about the photo quality.. you'd think I'd have learned how to use a digital camera by now!

I'm lazy though, I did my Mr. Dangly all in knit stitch because I can't get my head around purling and decreasing and increasing at the same time!  He's definitely got a "handmade" look to him because of this!

I've got requests for more Mr. Dangly's now, all I wanted to do was use up some wool I bought from a charity shop! Smiley

He also has a little scarf, he was far too dangly without it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 08:59:53 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
greengirlak
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2005 09:23:29 AM »

Yay!  I finally finished my Mr. Dangly.  Here he is in all his glory, chillin' on the couch.  Note that I HATE seaming things up, so I ended up frogging him a couple times and then giving in and knitting all the parts except the head in the round on dpns.  Worked great!  He also has embroidered eyes in order to make him child safe.  He's going to find a new home in MN with a two year old. Smiley

And more gratuitous shots...

Here he is scaling the arm of the couch.  He's quite an active fellow...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010 07:56:19 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Thicker Hair
How to Get Soft Hair
How to Get Waves in Your Hair
How to Get Victoria Beckham Hair
How to Grow Out Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...