A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mr dangly - knitted monkey (with pattern)  (Read 158603 times)
Tags for this thread: amigurumi , monkey , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snappity-snap
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2007 03:50:40 PM »

i read in a few posts about mr. dangly having a certain "appendage" that made him anatomically correct....how do i avoid it? and also, how do i make his hands and feet look less pointy and boob-like? lol.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2007 05:03:26 PM »

i read in a few posts about mr. dangly having a certain "appendage" that made him anatomically correct....how do i avoid it? and also, how do i make his hands and feet look less pointy and boob-like? lol.  Grin

your question is a popular one -- it was just asked two pages ago:

The short answer is that if you stop when you have more stitches, break the yarn and thread it through, it ends up rounder.  I think I stopped at six or eight - basically ignore the last two rows or so.

A little while ago, I think someone was wondering about the post referring to the numbers going funny. Also me.

It's here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=40974.msg753526#msg753526
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snappity-snap
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2007 05:10:21 PM »

is that the answer for the boob-hands or the male appendage?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
snappity-snap
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2007 05:12:44 PM »

"I'm knitting a baby girl!!!! Due June 2007"

congrats!
psalm 139:13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2007 05:18:48 PM »

is that the answer for the boob-hands or the male appendage?  Undecided

both, really.  the problem is that they are too pointy, so just leave off the last 2 rows and draw your yarn through.  You might find the hands less boob-looking if you don't change colour, too.  Stuffing the arms firmly can also found out the hands.  But as a cure for the pointy bum, you'll definitely need to leave off the last few rounds.

psalm 139:13 For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb.

cool -- I'd never heard of that one before.  thanks :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snappity-snap
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2007 05:25:11 PM »

okay Smiley thank you SO much for your help!  Grin you are so nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xcrunnergirl
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2007 07:30:11 PM »

Here's my rendition of Mr. Dangly, though I haven't named him yet. Took me a while to make him, but it was a nice project to work on, even with a bad head cold. But I did have a heck of a time teaching myself increases. Is there a certain kind of increase that works best?

I think I'll be making him some relatives soon. Next time I think I'll make the tail longer, put a pipecleaner in it, and maybe try and teach myself how to knit in the round with dpns so I don't have to do all that seaming...

In regards to the pokey-butt syndrome, here's how I went about fixing it: 

I seamed the torso together starting at the top (black dashy line), and then when I was about an inch or so from the bottom, I folded the pointy part up, and seamed together the two sides of the "triangle" I had created. This made two smaller pokies, and this became his front. I attached his legs to the corners (bottom arrows), kind of "sheathing" the pokies. Then add his tail to the back to make a kind of tripod and sits up quite nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M and M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."  - Dave Barry
gschnebly
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2007 12:06:32 PM »

Okay so I might be a little late to the Mr. Dangly scene but I wanted to post pics of my guy! I knit it completely in the round to cut down on as much seaming as I could. I also changed the bottom decreases of the body, because I am sure as you all know, they're incorrect on the original pattern. I also reworked the head so it is pretty much the same shape as the original but all done in the round. Hope you like him!

In my blog, I wrote down exactly what I changed and how I did the decreases for the body, and the head pattern on my blog if you're interested in making him this way. There are also several more pictures of him there! Happy knitting!

Oops I forgot to mention I made him out of Debbie Bliss Merino DK!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007 12:37:06 PM by gschnebly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2007 03:35:56 PM »

I love his poses!  He will surely have a mate in no time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alex[scene]dra
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2007 04:56:04 AM »

These are all so ADORABLE!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Turkey Gravy
How to Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes
How to Make Turkey Stuffing
How to Make Cranberry Sauce
Orange and Grilled Pork Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...