A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: swapping before pinterest  (Read 1964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubylynns
« on: June 06, 2012 01:10:10 PM »

I'm fairly new to swapping, I've only been doing it a year, so I've always had Pinterst.  I wanted get some thoughts from the veteran swappers.  Do you like it better now with Pinterst, where you can see everything that your partner likes in one place.  Is it easier now or do you feel like you don't get to know your partner as well since you don't have to ask as many questions and don't have to stalk as much.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012 02:20:01 PM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012 02:12:43 PM »

I like Pinterest much better for stalking than the old Wists that everyone used to use.  Its great not to have to scroll through every single item, with Pinterest you can just hit the boards you need to.  I still see it as an additional tool for swapping that complements thread stalking and incessant asking of questions Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
lylacfey
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012 01:14:54 AM »

No, I will keep pestering my partners, lol. I do think Pinterest does make it easier to see what my partner is into. Wists could not be organized at all. I had to weed through pages of Wists to look for items that I could make for my partner. Pinterest I can skip the crochet boards (my weak craft) and look at paper crafting (my expertise craft). It does help take the pressure off and really craft something beautiful that I know my partner will love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012 10:37:46 AM »

my pinterest wouldn't help partners that much as it is such a random assortment of things, and for the most part has little to do with what I would be swapping for...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
dfabbric

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012 07:42:01 PM »

I liked it better before. I liked being surprised. I actually received something directly from my Wist before and was disappointed. Sometimes too I think we put things on there that we like at the time or want something similar but not that, that isn't always expressed as well as we want. Pestering your partner helps you be creative, while trying to find out what your partner really wants, not something they pinned on a whim.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Poison_Of_Gull

Crafting is in my blood and glitter is in my soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012 12:38:10 PM »

I started swapping a few months ago and I didn't have a Pinterest before. I got one because everyone swapping seemed to have one and kept asking about mine. Peeer pressure! I know they are helpful to others so I am trying to keep up with it. And they are great for keeping the thoughts in my head straight to a certain point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for wrist watches or old clocks. Broken or working, doesn't matter! I will swap anything you would like.
donniesgirl
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012 01:03:52 PM »

I like Pinterest, but I don't necessarily make things straight off a Pinterest - I use them more for inspiration.   Wink  I like to stalk my partners on Craftster, too, to see comments they've made on other boards to try to gleen any information that way.  I use a questionaire & Pinterest as tools to come up with my ideas.  Like the Halloween swap I just did - my partner had some Super Mario hooplas on her Pinterest & her questionaire said she liked Dia de los Muertos stuff, so I made a Dia de los Muertos Super Mario hoopla.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dustyfro
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012 11:36:32 PM »

I don't have pintrest and I still maintain my wists list.  I've got tags on all my things, so it is organized very well.  Before a swap I go through and add some things and make sure all the things under the tags are still relevant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Book reviews and blog:  http://froregon.blogspot.com
wists list: http://www.wists.com/froregon

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy. Albert Einstein
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hand Sewing a Blind Skirt Hem
How to Make a Costume Corset
How to Make an 8-Bit Hoodie
Bead Artist Teresa Sullivan Speaks About Her Work
How to Embroider Constellations
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...