A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SUPER MARIO BROS SWAP RND 2 GALLERY  (Read 3980 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012 05:48:22 PM »

I have a hard time making stars with clay too- lol.. I tried and tried..and tried. And finally, gave up and made origami stars!  Grin 

It looks like the earrings arent too long, and the necklace lays how it should too.. I was hoping they would! yay! Im so glad you like everything I sent.. I know I adore what I recieved! Im gonna try to take/post some pictures tonight, but will do it by tomorrow morning for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012 07:20:55 PM »

lol im glad its not just me Tongue ive even seen a few "simple" tutorials but i still cant get it Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofmarigold
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012 11:21:41 PM »

And here it is - the wonderful box of goodies I received! Prepare for a bunch of pictures (and jealousy).

The first thing I saw when I opened up the box was this -

Bob-omb tote bag! It's a perfect size, I think it will be my next project bag. Underneath I found...

A Boo hoop! I love when hoops go outside of the frame in creative ways, and his little arms were perfect. Already hanging on my hoopla wall Smiley

After Boo, I found some awesome boxes:

They are so well painted, and especially the round one has so much detail. Makes my eyes all squinty just thinking about painting those details! Even better, though, there was stuff inside the boxes...

Some sweet clay figure jewellery! My favourites are the powerup necklace and the Chain Chomp earrings - I've always loved Chain Chomp. If I move my head too much when wearing them I do feel a bit like I'm swinging wrecking balls, though... ha ha. The other necklaces include more chomps and a Bullet Bill (I think his chain might be JUST the wrong length, though, coz he kinda... well, "nestles").

There was a notebook with Yoshi and my favourite Mario outfit (raccoon suit!), which has nice recycled paper inside.

And this tin of One Up candies -

I actually had one of these tins and had filled it with beeswax perfume to send, unfortunately it was the straw that broke the camel's back (too heavy, I would have doubled my postage if I left it in!) and I left it out, but I giggled when I opened the box and saw the exact same tin in there.

And underneath it all were some extras, some lovely yarn, bright buttons, and some sweet sweet chocolates (white is my favourite). So spoiled!

Thanks so much, Kodanroxydogs, I feel very spoiled and I really hope you liked what I sent you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012 05:16:20 AM »

Awesome package! I love the bobomb bag!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Trekky

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012 08:56:51 AM »

That Bob-omb tote bag is AMAZING!  The whole package is fab  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012 03:42:44 PM »

Well, everyones recieved!! So everyone now has feedback, but please don't let that stop you from posting your pics!!! We still need to see a few packages!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
queenofmarigold
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012 08:31:41 PM »

I'm away for the weekend, but if Kodanroxydogs doesn't have a chance to post pics of what I sent her, I can always do that when I get home tomorrow night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012 09:33:51 PM »

Sorry for the delay- my internet has been spotty lately, so I havent been able to get things uploaded. Luckily though I have enough service that now.. I have pics! And I can now share with you all the amazing things I received from the lovely Danielle! ( queenofmarigold) Get your pinning fingers ready!

First, I got the cutest stitch markers. I don't knit, yet, but these will come in handy when I learn. If I fail at it, they are still the perfect size to make either a necklace, earrings, or bracelet.

Next, my fiance love Luigi. So, I have a Luigi hat! The model is Jay, my little visitor from the LV Swap. Although it looks adorable on him, he won't be bringing it home with him. I think I will let my little travel alligator wear it when he gets home.

Then, I got a crochet Goomba. He is so cute, I just can't help but love him. I love how his eyes make him seem so sweet and innocent, and then you see his little teeth, and you know hes a baddie. I think he will get to sit on Brandon's Mario shelves when they get finished. Either that or he may get to come to work with me and hang out at my desk!

Isn't he amazing? And if that wasn't enough... A huge crochet Yoshi! Look at all the detail on him! I am totally amazed at people who a) can do this b) can do this and make it look this good. Brandon says we get joint custody of him.

Look at those crochet skills. Im just totally blown away how good these are, and my pictures do NOT do them justice at all.

I hate to pick favorites, because I love everything so much, but this next item slightly edged out the other items. Only because they are functional, bright, and full of Mario-goodness. I needed coasters too, so these are completely perfect. I love how vibrant the colors are, and they are super sturdy. They have a felt back too, and they are completely sealed so they are usable!!

And, we agreed to some extras.Brandon ( my fiance) loves Skyrim, and my extras were themed for him. This is a shout from Skyrim. Unfortunately, the cat knocked one of these off the counter while I was in the other room doing laundry, and the dog decided it was a chew toy and destroyed the hoop. The good news is all the beautiful stitching is completely fine and blemish free, and I have another hoop that looks the same, so I can fix it easily. I just didnt want to wait to post the picture, as I have had these items for a while. Again- the stitching on these is impeccable. It is so clean and beautiful, I could only hope to be able to stitch so nicely.

And.. in posting that, I realized how blurry the picture is. I will take a better shot and post it, but I wanted to get this posted. In addition to all those lovely items, I also received several spools of embroidery floss, in a full rainbow of colors, which will be perfect as I learn to cross stitch.

Thank you queenofmarigold for being such an amazing, understanding and simply awesome partner!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012 09:36:38 PM by KodaNRoxyDogs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012 05:20:58 AM »

WOW!!! Awesome package!!! I can't even pick one favourite!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy
Pinterest
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012 08:17:36 AM »

Trust me, I know! Lol as I was going through it, I kept thinking this is my favorite, now this is my favorite, now this is, Oooh, no this is! I still have to say that the coasters are my favorite of favorite things though. As awesome as the coasters look in the picture, they are better in person. They remind me of pop art squares, which I love.

I also think I've decided what I'm doing with my goomba.. He's gonna come to work with me and hang out on my desk! Hes too cute, and he's the perfect size to protect my pens, headsets, and confidential work papers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Five New Orleans Classic Dishes
How to Cook Steak and Cheese Sandwiches
How to Make Chicken and Bacon Roll-Ups
How to Make Open-Faced Pimiento Cheese BLTs
Jonathan Waxman: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...