A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Harry Potter in a Box"  (Read 2461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dizzydog
« on: June 26, 2005 03:40:18 PM »

Hi
My friend's birthday is coming up soon, and I thought it would be cool to make her a "Harry Potter in a Box" She is obsessed with all things harry potter...I don't want to spend a lot of money (no more than $20) I have no clue what to put in...i was thinking of decoupaging harry potter pictures and quotes on the box....but thats my only idea
Thanks!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll_0410
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005 03:44:36 PM »

Here is a bunch of funny excerpts from the books that you can use
http://mugglenet.com/books/funnyexcerpts.shtml

Maybe you can make her a countdown until the next Harry Potter book/movie comes out or a bookmark with some kind of HP related image on it? I hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.  - Jeff Valdez

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -  Rita Rudner
JemaJemaJema
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005 12:09:01 AM »

You could try and get/ make her a pair of round glasses, you could try make /buy a wand, you could get her some harry potter sweets or something too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005 07:24:10 AM »

Bertie Botts every flavored beans are of course a must.  Some Harry Potter bookmarks would be cool...maybe you could stencil or silk screen a picture of Harry onto a t-shirt.  You could also do this with a purse or messenger bag.  I know they have several Harry Potter board and card games that you could include.  I have the quidditch card game, HP uno cards, another card game (forgot what it's called, I think it's kind of like that old "magic" card game) and the diagon ally board game.  Or, to be cheaper and more crafty, you could make her your own game!  Get a piece of cardboard and some sharpies and go wild!  I've always wanted to create my own board game.  I'm sure she would appreciate your creativity on that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
cerulean
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005 10:31:47 PM »

I made my friend some Harry Potter glass marble magnets and a decoupaged Altoids tin to match. I posted about them earlier here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=40889.msg362170#msg362170

The photo of the magnets is of rather cruddy quality, but the magnets are of various Harry Potter characters. The magnets are very easy to make and cheap too!

For another friend's birthday (not the one whom I made the magnets for), I decorated the gift box with a ton of cut-outs from the same pull off calendar that I used to make the glass marble magnets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheriffkarli
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005 02:57:55 PM »

make you're own snitch my painting a styrofoam or pingpong ball gold, than glueing on a couple of feathers! Making your'e own wand is really easy just buy a thick dowl, cut it down to size than sand and paint it. You could even carve in the name Ollivanders. You could make a miniature thunderbolt. Ooh and put in a mirror (as in the mirror that sirius gave harry) You could have a book or spells. Um... oh make a prefect badge, that would be great! Also one of the houses scarves, by either knitting, or sewing different colours of strips of fabric together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005 03:26:55 PM »

That's a great idea!  Something like this would be so cool.  Very HP-ish. 

Some more ideas:
-You could fill a jar with gelatin and label it "Floo Powder". 
-You could make her a clock kind of like the Weasleys.  You could put her face on one of the hands and instead of numbers around the clock you could have "Home, Lost, Prison, School/Work, etc.".  That would be really cool!
-You could decorate a notebook or journal with pictures of the characters
-You could make Harry Potter stationary

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
sheriffkarli
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005 03:34:34 PM »

i really like the floo powder jar
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
misplaced_freak
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005 02:11:07 PM »

i love this idea so much i'm doing it for my friend for her birthday as well!

i was at winners and i saw this figurine harry potter thing for 7.00! so i got her that, plus im going to make her a story card! (a mini book with flaps and such)

im not sure what else i'll end up putting in it, but everyone here sure has a lot of creative ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luv-A-Lauren
(in stores soon)
LucyLu
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005 01:04:46 AM »

Someone posted harry potter coins they made from fimo clay.  maybe you could d a search and find them.

i saved this because it was cute.  its a saftery pin bead pattern for hp glasses
http://familycrafts.about.com/library/projects/blsphpglasses.htm

iron on transfer a hp image onto a tee.  or a book mark for the upcomimg book.  ok, i'm all out of ideas
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Bump in Your Hair
How to Straighten Hair without a Straightener
How to Braid Your Hair
How to Backcomb Hair
How to Do a Beehive Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...