A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journal for a month Round 2 - The gallery of awesome  (Read 11449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2012 05:47:47 PM »

I'd love to angel, Kitten Wrangler. Just PM me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012 05:49:54 PM »

GodDAMN! Angel found already. DesignVigilante volunteered over on the Angel board.

Thanks for the offer, zzdia, but you've been pipped... Wow. So many offers.

PS - zzdia, plumcrafty - I've updated your statuses now. It's SO MUCH EASIER TO DO from my computer at home than from the iPad on a tram.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Alexampersandra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2012 05:53:48 PM »

...Which reminds me, I ought to post photos of the journal I made!

On May 8, not much of anything happened, so I made a particularly pretty page. (I did that several times... compensating for the boring content with better visuals.)

Particularly delicious or interesting foods I encountered throughout the month.

A "filler" page. One of my favorite quotes from my favorite author (Neil Gaiman) on the right... removable cards on the left. (The top one has a story about my fiance's EMS adventures on the back; the bottom one is about how if you Google my full name, you get all these insanely successful people like a doctor and a lawyer and a Harvard scholar or something like that.)

Some of my favorite books.

On May 11, the fiance and I went to the aquarium to talk to someone about renting a space for our wedding. (That thing on the left page is a ray silhouette... petting the rays is my favorite thing at the aquarium!)

That's just some of my favorite pages, so I wanted to share them.

On preview: Wow, I already have an angel! Hooray! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2012 06:18:42 PM »

Hello everyone who is still watching this gallery! Grin Sorry Zzdia, I sneak attacked the angel board while you weren't looking. Smiley

Love everyone's work! This is a fabulous gallery with lots of information! I can't wait to start my journal tomorrow.

P.S. IsikkahJai, if you're still watching this gallery- HI CUZ! Wink Beautiful poppet, as always!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2012 06:31:25 PM »

S'ok. I love how quick an angel was found. Cheesy Don't you just love how this community works? And Alexampersandra, love the journal pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012 09:10:49 PM »

Hello everyone who is still watching this gallery! Grin Sorry Zzdia, I sneak attacked the angel board while you weren't looking. Smiley

Love everyone's work! This is a fabulous gallery with lots of information! I can't wait to start my journal tomorrow.

P.S. IsikkahJai, if you're still watching this gallery- HI CUZ! Wink Beautiful poppet, as always!

THANKS Cuz!!! Cheesy She was really easy and fun to make. I think she REALLY wanted to go to Australia Wink I can't wait to see what you come up with for your journal! Should be QUITE entertaining (lol) Grin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 09:11:54 PM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2012 12:53:26 AM »

ZombriNation probably thinks by now that I have no intention of putting up pics. BUT I AM! Right now, in fact!!

Zombri's journal was very much a wordy-journal - which is great. I like peeping into other people's lives via what they write. It's why I always read my friend's blog...

First up - a couple of extras. We had to keep things small and light because postage was going to kill us otherwise.

Mmmm. Bacon scented. That's why my cat keeps on chewing the mail envelope the package arrived in. It smells like bacon.

Words! Words! And something was passed. Congratulations! (I just opened to a random page for photos. I'm waiting for a spare evening and a hot chocolate to sit down and start reading cover to cover.

The cat (Gillespie) showing his opinion of dogs and men who dress in dog suits. Smiley I LURVE the show Wilfred - the US version is pretty cool, but the Australian version was downright crude and filthy. Oh, and Zombri - what you wrote here is exactly how I see myself and Gill.

Ah. Colours and cut and paste! EXACTLY my journalling style as well.

I find insomnia a regular pain in the butt too... But I love this sort of thing - I can't let myself be loose and free like this when I draw and be creative. My crafting impulses are usually regimented in some way or another...

Once again, Zombri, thank you!! Thank you for putting up with my tardiness, thank you for being willing to ship to Australia, and thank you for sending me something so full of splendid words.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2012 02:08:00 PM »

I know Schnerby has received, but she has not yet been able to post pics, so I thought I would put some up, as I loved the journal I sent and the extra.

First off the actual journal - it was hand made using recycled paper bags, some left over wrapping paper and the ribbon is from a christmas present.

Some of my favourite pages - on this day I bought a dessert and it came with it's own little spoon, which I thought was so cute, so I included it!

Each day had a desk calender page and a weather report included. On this page I painted a copy of a keyring I bought to include - the actual keyring is in the little organza bag attached to the page.

There were lots of little pockets throughout the journal - some had clippings from local newspapers and some had random bits - this one had some recipes that I had seen and liked - I did take copies of them first, so that I can try them!

Along with some choccie bits, I made this bookmark. It was inspired by a couple of ideas Schnerby had pinned - the elastic wraps round the pages and the flower actually sits on the front of the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2012 02:09:36 PM »

Your journal looks like it is going to be an interesting read Kitten Wrangler!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2012 11:17:12 PM »

OH my gosh seeuudee I LOVE your journal! The pockets and the random stuff you included for each page is so FUN! It appeals to me greatly, this eccentric journal of yours Cheesy Well done!
...Hurry up DesignVigilante! I wanna know what you have to say in your journal!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best & Worst Dressed List At The 2013 SAG Awards
Celebrity Street Styles: Jay Z, Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum
Save Love Give Campaign - Vera Launch at the United Nations
"The Rachael Ray Show": Twin Mother Makeovers
Best Dressed Stars: J Lo, Michelle Obama and Jessica Alba
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...