A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: EPIC hexagons afghan!!!  (Read 1357 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rousseline
« on: June 05, 2012 06:45:58 PM »

This is the biggest project I ever crocheted ... EVER! I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to undertake a project that big again... but again, if the pattern is beautiful...   Grin

It took me so long because I crochet really slow, like really! I crochet holding my hook and yarn in the same hand so I have to let go of the hook every time I yarn over... long story short, crochet takes forever with me.  Cheesy

This is "My great-granma 'ghan" or something like that from Crochet today. 96 hexagons in 8 different colors mixed and matched! (And it matches the painting I made that's on my wall).

Here is the afghan on my floor, to show the complete look. As you can see a little bit, I didn't weave in ends, but since it stays on the back of my couch, nobody knows!  Wink

Here is another picture with me on the afghan! And you can see the mess of another project in the background Tongue

I'm very proud of that one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm now on Etsy! It's pretty empty now, but a lot more will be added pretty soon! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PixelLady
peachessunshine

I love swaps/personal swaps (I knit/crochet).

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012 07:00:41 PM »

Lovely! Afghans are what I knit/crochet the most of, and yes, they do get very very time consuming. Sometimes I have to put one down and not look at if for a while. You did an awesome job, I love the colors. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Long days and pleasant nights. Smiley

(Always up for a swap, organized or personal).
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012 07:18:45 AM »

You deserve to be very proud of this beauty. I love the look of it and the colors you chose are so nice. I dont know how you crochet with one hand but props to you for finishing such a large project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
karindanielle
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012 03:57:29 AM »

I'm trying to picture how you crochet with only one hand, it must be very difficult to do.  Congrats on completing this pretty afghan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rousseline
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012 09:16:07 AM »

I'm trying to picture how you crochet with only one hand, it must be very difficult to do. 

Well I use the other hand to hold the project Tongue The reason why I don't crochet properly is because I learned myself from a pattern that had a "how to crochet" section. It had pictures of the position of hook and yarn, but not the position of the hands! Since I'm primarily a knitter, I just did as I do when I knit! It's only a while later that I observed a friend crocheting and I was like "OMG, how do you go so fast?!" But I couldn't unlearn the way I was doing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm now on Etsy! It's pretty empty now, but a lot more will be added pretty soon! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PixelLady
susie in the sky
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012 03:51:12 PM »

That's lovely!  I think I'm going to have to get a hook and try to work out how you crochet one handed though, it's bending my brain trying to imagine how that works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012 11:34:50 AM »

I'm so fascinated by the way the colors interact! I keep staring at your background color and I still haven't found out if you used the same background all the way and my eyes are playing tricks on me, or if they are different background colors. I love the intensity of the contrasts you created, and wow, congrats on finishing such a big afghan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012 12:10:38 AM »

Wow! That is so cool looking.  I've been wanting to make an afghan for the loooongest time, but I'm too chicken to take on such a commitment.  I'm afraid that I will make twenty or so little squares/hexagons and then never finish.  One day I will muster the courage.  Hats off to ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rousseline
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012 02:38:59 PM »

Wow! That is so cool looking.  I've been wanting to make an afghan for the loooongest time, but I'm too chicken to take on such a commitment.  I'm afraid that I will make twenty or so little squares/hexagons and then never finish.  One day I will muster the courage.  Hats off to ya!

Well the idea is to start with 20 or so squares, and then you can put it away. And a couple of weeks/months later you pick it up and make 20 more square, and so on, so in the end, you have a afghan, even if it takes a year! Well, that's my way to do it personnally Tongue I rarely do a big project all at the same time, I usually have to take a break or two somewhere!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understand the Difference Between Formal and Informal Symmetry
How to Photograph landscapes with a Telephoto Lens
How to Take a Trees Portrait
How to Understand the Psychological Impact of Black and White
How to Understand the Power of Juxtaposition
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...