A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 303,094
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recent Stuff  (Read 3190 times)
Tags for this thread: digital_art  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012 05:21:33 AM »

aliis - I always use one brush and that's just the round brush set at the hardest edge.  It's the brush settings that I change.  Depending on what I'm doing, outlining, coloring or what have you, I only toggle a few settings and they're always set to pen pressure (shape dynamics, other dynamics, and sometimes color dynamics).  I've not had luck with special brushes, but have been wanting to give a real go at them for a while.  Some day I plan to let loose and see what happens.

This was exactly what I was going to ask!
Great work. I love how you get it to look as if you're using markers. Very nice indeed!

"Do it because you love it."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012 04:54:13 PM »

Neat! I dig your style. Painting blows my mind as it is, digital painting seems even harder somehow. Nice work!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012 10:35:13 AM »

wow! great job, especial love the girl with her tongue sticking out Cheesy

I was a use to do animation digital art , i would have loved to be skilled enough to do this type of work.
batty bird you are truly talented

Batty Bird
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012 08:15:26 AM »

Thank you all for the feedback.  The comments are very much loved and appreciated  Cheesy

@aliis - ctrl-z is what I live by ~_^
I only have Photoshop, and I've only played around in Painter and felt completely like a fish out of water, but I've been using PS for almost ten years so it would make sense that would be what I'd be most comfortable with, wouldn't it?  I find that I can achieve many looks in PS with fiddling around with the layer settings.  To make a more watercolor or marker type of look I change the layer to something like screen or overlay, I honestly forget... I honestly just try out different things all the time to see what I end up with - and that's half the fun.  I'm still learning the program after all this time. 

I hope to go back to physical media in about six months or so (I'm breastfeeding and I worry about health hazards), so until then, lots of having fun with experimentation with the comfort of that ctrl-z sitting right there within reach.

Thanks again, everyone.

Come leave me some love: http://www.facebook.com/MorganBirchArt
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sidney Kirkpatrick -- Revealed!
Jeff Rotter Talks About The Unknown Knowns
Debra Frasier Talks About A Fabulous Fair Alphabet
The Red Queen Book Trailer
Sharie Kohler Talks About My Soul to Keep
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...