A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 blush  (Read 2395 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2012 10:51:57 AM »

Hello everyone , here is another attempt at stenciling - this time I did <3 blush I dont usually wear alot of blush ( I have some weird hang up of thinking it makes people look older sometimes) but I think with the heart stencils added it cutes it up and seems less matronly

let Me know what you think

ps I was also showing off some of My new Cat eye frames ! I got 3 great pairs for 50! cents ! each wow!what a deal !!!!!!!!!!!! Im really excited Smiley

Thanks for looking .. Id love feedback

Do you think this could be an everyday look ? or should it be used for only special occasions ?? also My cousins wedding is coming up - do you think it would be to much to wear hearts ( celebrating love and their union )? do you think its subtle enough ?

have a great day
Jayne

p.s. this is the dress Il be wearing to the wedding - with a small lacy shrug and most likely tights

also I had leopard print eyeshadow on in these pics  which I WIIL NOT be wearing to the wedding ....and for the wedding I would use a more simple but dressy eye makeup technique

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012 11:15:12 AM »

I think it's very cute! Go ahead and wear it daily AND for special occasions! I think it's perfect for a wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bakeneko
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012 11:18:36 AM »

Very cool.  Wearing hearts to a wedding would be cool if it was the right kind of wedding.  You never want to upstage a bride. But if it is a relaxed wedding then go for it.

You have to be careful wearing other peoples Rx eye glasses. The glass's lens cause your muscles in you eyes to focus differently to compensate, when it is not the correct prescription for you it can give you headaches, nausea or worst.

The horn-rims look really cool just be careful you don't make yourself sick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012 11:46:53 AM »

Very cool.  Wearing hearts to a wedding would be cool if it was the right kind of wedding.  You never want to upstage a bride. But if it is a relaxed wedding then go for it.

You have to be careful wearing other peoples Rx eye glasses. The glass's lens cause your muscles in you eyes to focus differently to compensate, when it is not the correct prescription for you it can give you headaches, nausea or worst.

The horn-rims look really cool just be careful you don't make yourself sick.

thanks Im glad you like the makeup , and I know what you mean about upstaging the bride , maybe Ill ask the grooms mother first and see if she thinks it would be ok .. I think its an outdoor wedding so its probably going to be pretty casual

oh and  I totally know what you mean about other peoples prescription - I only wore the glasses for the pics and as you can tell some are bifocals ( ironically none were as strong as the prescription I already wear -ugh-lol )  and yes it did give me a slight head ache just wearing them for the pics ... what I do is take the lenses out clean and repair the frames and have my optometrist put in My prescription Smiley ( I just got the top 3  pairs yesterday so I havent taken them in yet ) the pair in the second to the last pic actually DOES have My prescription in them Smiley

I also got these vintage  glasses and had My prescription tinted lenses put in them

and I have this pair at the optometrist right now getting lenses ( finace picked them up at an antique store about 2 weeks ago for me )

My optometrist does lenses for 40 and tinted lenses for 55 Smiley which is why I have like 8 pairs of prescription glasses and counting lol

Thanks for the feed back and have a great day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012 03:08:48 PM »

I think the heart blush is super fun! If the bride is cool with it...then go for it!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012 03:37:42 PM »

great idea!  the only thing I would say is, and it could be the picture lighting and stuff, but it looks a bit, in some of the pictures, like a sunburn. You may have everyone and they're mother thinking you did what some people do with stickers and tanning and asking you about how much time you spent in the sun. Grin Smiley I've seen people use little hearts on their tummy's and stuff. But then again.. that may not bug you at all Smiley Smiley  I think it's a great idea and super cute!
Your new frames are ADORABLE! and fit you perfectly!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012 03:39:32 PM by SunflowerSmiles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
moreradthancrack
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012 03:48:23 PM »

I like this! It is very cute and I would have never thought of doing that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012 06:33:15 PM »

That is adorable and I think perfectly suitable for a wedding.  I love love, love all of your glasses!  I need to locate an optometrist that does lens that cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012 07:24:32 PM »

I'm not a blush gal either, especially since i have naturally rosy cheeks anyway.  The hearts are cute, but I think I'm more fascinated with the eye wear.  I wish I had decent enough vision to not need coke bottle lenses.  I have one pair of glasses with those special thin lenses that are way too pricey.  Cute ideas all around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for geek chic goodies!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BenaeQuee
Diamantyna

shinning stitches

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012 01:26:06 AM »

beautiful.. i think u can make versions ..one more sutil for every day and another one more dramatic for special ocations... altought i like this one for every day Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
how to Make a Picture Look Like A Painting in Photoshop
How to Create an Electric Text Effect In Photoshop
How to Use Camtasia Studio
How To Make A Custom Photoshop Brush
How To Clone Yourself in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...