Please forgive the awful lighting in these photos -- it's been raining non-stop for the past few days, and it's very dingy outside.
I went into my favorite cheap-clothing store, Cotton On, last night after Uni had finished, and managed to snag these bad boys for only about $10. They're slightly tight, but otherwise worked well. However, they started their life as plain black, faux-suede things, very similar to a pair I already own.
So I painted them.
Mother and I have wanted a pair of saddle-shoes for a while now -- we are the same shoe size and will occasionally share awesome shoes -- and so I decided to see if I could make these work, and so far so awesome.
I used a cheap fabric paint I picked up when a bookstore went out of business down here, and after about four coats it was pretty much covered. I just need to use the hairdryer to heat-set them, and hopefully we'll be golden! The small black dots were done in a plain permanent marker I have, as well as touchups where I went out of my tape-lines.
Thanks for looking guys, and again, sorry for bad photos. (I also made the curtains in the background. Natch!)