A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper bag/Satchel  (Read 3548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AshtonagoL
« on: June 01, 2012 08:19:00 PM »

Just made this cute diaper bag for one of my husband's coworkers.  Also made a little taggie and wipes case to match.  I got the pattern on etsy and it was very easy to follow.  Probably one of few bags I've actually finished in a day! The pattern is listed as a Satchel in her etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/listing/82324508/easy-pdf-sewing-pattern-aivilo-original

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012 08:50:41 PM »

Really nice work - great fabrics!!  You did an expert job - it looks like a bag and accessories from a boutique.  I'll bet that mom will love it!
 Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012 03:59:20 AM »

Ooohh, so adorable!  The previous poster is right-- so professional!  I love those fabrics!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midnight Sun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012 04:49:29 AM »

I have to agree!  The quality of your work and fabric choices look VERY well done!!  What a smashing gift for a new Mom.   Grin

I've been looking around for the right diaper bag pattern for an upcoming baby birth in the family and this may be just the one!

Have you any tips for me regarding this pattern after I purchase it?  Did you put the optional zipper pocket in ? Is the wipes pouch the same one where the Etsy pattern was bought from?  (I just went and looked but not sure lol).  Thanks  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
UUmom2many
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012 06:13:50 AM »

Oh I love that cat's eye fabric! Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crystal

Homeschooling mom to five, 2 with special needs. Fabric hoarder, urban homesteader, writer, weight lifter and general crafty bitch.
AshtonagoL
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012 07:14:39 AM »

Thank you all so much for the nice compliments!

Have you any tips for me regarding this pattern after I purchase it?  Did you put the optional zipper pocket in ? Is the wipes pouch the same one where the Etsy pattern was bought from?  (I just went and looked but not sure lol).  Thanks  Cheesy
It was a very easy pattern to follow, written more like a tutorial with instructions and full color pictures.  The only question I had was about the straps.  They did not look like they had interfacing in the picture.  The instructions said to interface with fusible fleece (as well as the bag body).  I was leary of all of those layers of fleece.  I thought it would be a fight to sew through.  I emailed the seller to check and she responded quickly saying, yes she used fleece.  I reluctantly went ahead with the fleece and it actually sewed together quite nice.  And looks nice too!  I did not put the zipper pocket in so I honestly didn't even look at the instructions for it.  I have put zippered pockets in before though and there is a great tutorial here on craftster that I've always used.  I did put some pleated pockets inside though.  I didn't take pictures of the inside.  Undecided I also wish I had taken pictures of the bag on a model.  It's a little on the small side for a diaper bag.  Definitely big enough for short trips but she also has a satchel XL pattern that just came out that would probably be a better size for a full size diaper bag.  The wipes case is not her pattern.  I *think* hers is removeable.  Which would be nice since that would make it washable.  Mine is just all hot glued on.  There are several tutorials out there for those.  Just google, covered wipes case tutorial.  If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help!  I really liked this pattern and how the bag turned out!  Good thing I had baby's name embroidered on it or I might've ended up keeping it for myself! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight Sun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012 12:01:28 PM »

THANKS so much for replying to my questions, much appreciated!!  Good thing I waited for your reply instead of purchasing this morning.  I went and looked at the XL measurements and they look like maybe a better size, for sure!  Thank you for all the info...your bag is really very pleasing to the eye with the fabrics you used  Grin  My "baby" is 28 yrs old, so my experience with the size of diaper bags is nil.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   I don't mind putting in zippy pockets and I use fusible fleece often enough that I'm familiar sewing with it, so I guess I will have to do this one  Cheesy Cheesy  Niece is not due until end of August so I have a bit of time but am going to buy the pattern now or I will forget where it is online  Embarrassed   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
AshtonagoL
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012 12:41:31 PM »

No problem!  Yeah, I've been eyeing that Michael Miller fabric for quite a while but I have 3 boys so I never had a reason to use it.  Glad I got to!  Post pics when you get the bag made!  Also, if you like any of her other patterns, she has a section where you can get a discount for multiples.  I think it's Seasonal Sale or something like that.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012 07:51:18 PM »

Beautiful bag and great fabric choices.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.co m
Schlrte
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012 04:13:51 AM »

Good work! I like the fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am from germany, so PLEASE excuse my bad english! Thanks!

My Blog: http://frauschloerte.de
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frau-Schl%C3%B6rte/599259393465381
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Schloerte
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a 3-D Paper Snowflake
How to Win a Staring Contest
How to Win a Pie Eating Contest
How to Choose the Right Vase for Your Flower Arrangement
How to Host a Craft Night
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...