A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Dis. Thread rounds 83-85  (Read 21828 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012 08:21:30 AM »

Cute pic Lindy!!  Bet you all had a wonderful vacation!!  It is finally not so hot here.  Smiley

oh noes! you just cursed us to have the worst heat wave of the summer and I have nothing planned for the kiddos for the rest of the week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012 09:39:33 AM »

It was so hot while we were there!  The only relief came from our house being right on the water but when we were even a few blocks inland it was horrible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012 11:02:13 AM »

Cute pic Lindy!!  Bet you all had a wonderful vacation!!  It is finally not so hot here.  Smiley

oh noes! you just cursed us to have the worst heat wave of the summer and I have nothing planned for the kiddos for the rest of the week!

Ack!  I hope not.  I'm melting....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012 06:49:43 PM »

I finished my pencil roll for velvet rose today Smiley Really pleased with how it came out, I just love to work on this fabric  (I really hope the cloth house is still selling it when i next go... ) so I hope velvet rose has fun embellishing it too
I wanted to send some extras along too, but my guy in our big art centre has never heard of the designer velvet rose has specified for most of her supplies, so I guess he's not big in the uk - and I don't want to just send general supplies as she is de-stashing to move, so maybe I will go hunting for something else tomorrow... and the parcel should go in the post on Thursday

I also meant to add that, if anyone I claim wants me to throw in Olympic goodies with there parcel, just yell - I will inevitably forget to ask individually since I suspect i will be trying to repress the horror of having to dodge all those extra tourists everyday - but do feel free to say if you want london 2012 souvenirs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012 08:43:54 PM »

I also meant to add that, if anyone I claim wants me to throw in Olympic goodies with there parcel, just yell - I will inevitably forget to ask individually since I suspect i will be trying to repress the horror of having to dodge all those extra tourists everyday - but do feel free to say if you want london 2012 souvenirs
That's cool. I love little things like that for unique events. Florida tried to bid for the Olympics a few years back but there was no way it was going to come here. We just don't have the resources or infrastructure for it. I'm excited it will be starting soon though. I always enjoy the Olympics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Mrs Kay
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012 07:56:44 AM »

Hooray for the Olympics! The torch relay came past my workplace yesterday, it was a great atmosphere although pouring with rain (typical English summer!)

I've signed up and am waiting for approval. I'm hoping to claim you noodle-bug Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2012 02:51:30 PM »

I am not a big fan of the Olympics.  I guess it's a great concept but just not one I have ever been into...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012 07:40:43 PM »

me neither, to be honest, lindy - from my perspective it seems like a very expensive thing to host - I'm not at all convinced we'll make up the cost in revenue since london is so full to bursting with visitors in the summer anyway, so any extra won't be able to spend money here because we don't have any more hotel rooms, restaurant tables or theatre tickets to sell to them! Oh well, maybe they will buy a lot of teeshirts and keyrings! Like most londoners I mostly just worried that our transport system won't be able to take the strain, so we won't be able to get to work and no one will be able to get to the sport stadium...

oh, enough moaning! you will have to let me know if I can get any non-olympic london/english goodies as extras for you instead Cheesy I will start work on your boy's monster tomorrow, and will have to shop for fabric for the other one early next week - I have a good idea for tomorrow's one (well, I think it's good, i hope you agree!) so i'm looking forward to getting going on it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mrs Kay
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2012 04:44:15 AM »

Think I'm biased as my friend's performing in the opening ceremony and I love the Paralympics. Martine Wiltshire has been on the news a lot recently - her story is inspiring (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/paralympic-sport/9344470/London-2012-Paralympics-77-bomb-victim-Martine-Wiltshire-announced-in-GB-women-sitting-volleyball-team.html#).

Having said that, it is an unbelievable amount of money being spent when our economy's in a mess and I think if I was still living in London like you noodle-bug, I'd be getting stressed- the tube is already overcrowded even at the best of times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2012 08:17:22 AM »

noodle-bug, I would not complain if I happened to find any Cadbury's Chocolate or a Kinder Bueno bar in my package although it's rather hot here and it may end up melting Sad  Hmmm maybe I could send you my work address rather than home.....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Coarse and Textured Hair to a Long Face
How to Match Coarse Textured Hair with a Square Face
How Style Straight Hair for a Heart Shaped Face
How to Style Hair for an Oval Face
How to Cut Curly Hair for a Round Face
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...