A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 3121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 01, 2012 05:00:55 AM »

Swap name: Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 June 2012 to 30 June 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the May swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409413.0Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for.  You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim and send.  Also send a PM to the organizer and your sender when you receive.  You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims.  Please include the swap name and month in your subject line!  Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from.  If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.  

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: June Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 05:09:48 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012 05:02:04 AM »

Swap Participants
(2) Jexxican 3/0/3
(1) FoxyBlue 1/0/1
(2) bunny1kenobi 1/0/1
(3) fishstix43 3/0/3
(2) Spectrumsparksie 2/0/2
(2) thehappycrochetchic 1/1/0
(1) thatswhatshesaid 1/0/1
(3) CamOovas 1/0/1
(2) littlebluegirl 3/0/3
(1) pollyprissypants 2/0/2
(1) leighi123 2/0/2
(1) WnaBKaet 1/0/1

Claims

Due June 15th
FoxyBlue --> jexxican for Pinterest surprise

Due June 16th
fishstix43 --> Spectrumsparksie for Pokemon perler bead art
Spectrumsparksie --> Foxy Blue for an "aqua surprise"

Due June 19th
Thatswhatshesaid --> CamOovas for a wine cork board

Due June 22nd
pollyprissypants --> ThatsWhatSheSaid for a hoopish surprise
CamOovas --> bunny1kenobi for some miniature goodness
littlebluegirl --> jexxican for a knit pillow

Due June 23rd
spectrumsparksie --> fishstix 43 for an altered teacup

Due June 25th
jexxican --> pollyprissypants for a learn to spin kit

Due June 26th
fishstix43 --> thehappycrochetchic for fabric bowl, and possibly another small item

Due June 29th
Bunny1kenobi --> leighi123 for a Pinterest surprise
littleblurgirl --> bunny1kenobi for a bead spinner

Due July 5th
Jexxican --> littlebluegirl for circular needle storage hanger
pollyprissypants --> fishstix43 for B&B surprise

Due July 6th
littlebluegirl --> CamOovas for knit cowl

Due July 11th
fishstix43 --> littlebluegirl for fabric bowl
WnaBKaet --> CamOovas for Ball jar candle holders

Due July 14th
thehappycrochetchic --> spectrumsparksie for an owl purse
leighi321 --> fishstix43 for a couch caddy
leighi321 --> thehappycrochetchic for a hoop
jexxican --> WnaBKaet for an advent calender
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012 08:17:37 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012 05:05:36 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.

I am a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a new baby. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do. Here is the link to my Pinterest board specifically for my kids, though I'm sure you can find inspiration for them on some of my other boards as well: http://pinterest.com/jexxican/little-people/ Need info for sizing or anything just ask!

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation, though I would really not like anything from the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though like I said, feel free to be inspired by it. The same with my "art" board, really. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little. Except my fiber. For some reason I'm trying to build a stash there, so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super., too.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican
Also, stamps are cool but I've been pinning stamp ideas to the "To be made for me, by me" board specifically for the Stamp swap, just so you know.

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I also really dig fall colors, being a redhead and all. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. I'm not usually very girly. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. And my husband is straight up nerd. The board "Nerdery" is all about him. I think that's all there is to us. Feel free to be inspired to create for any of us.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 06:44:50 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

FoxyBlue
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012 06:01:20 AM »

Yay! I've been approved! Let the fun begin!

My name is Deedra and I live in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. I'm a graphic artist who designs guitar straps for a living! woo hoo! lol

I have three children. A thirteen year old boy, a 10 year old boy, and a 5 year old girl. All of which love my swapping! Today is my 10 year wedding anniversary! I would think that all of my pinterest boards are fair game!

No allergies here, although I would prefer (although it's not a huge deal) a non-smoking household. My favourite colour is aqua. It makes me happy. No major dislikes aside from gore. I like pretty things. I'm super girlie! Um...I think that about sums it up, right? Just have fun. Pretty sure my boards say it all!

My pinterest: http://pinterest.com/foxyblue/

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 06:15:02 AM by FoxyBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012 07:27:23 AM »

Hi, Im Deanna and I live in sunny AZ!  Im excited to be able to play this month and Im looking forward to stalking everybodys boards!

If you choose to claim me, most of my boards are suitable, and use any you like for inspiration (exact replicas not required).  The ones that probably wont be much help to you are Upholstery Fabric, How Bizarre, The Best Medicine, For Me?, My Craftiness is Showing, Im An Artist Heres my Card, Someday Grandbabies, Gift & Swap creation  Inspiration (this is for things I'd give to others, not things I want myself), and my food boards.  

My kids would also be happy with goodies "Gifts for my kiddos" is where to look for ideas for them.  Im starting the Christmas preparations earlier this year!  If there is a * in front of the notes, it means some kind soul has already made that item.  Because my kids pin their own wishes on there, coming out and saying I got one will give away the Christmas surprise!  Wink (If some kind soul would be willing to make my son the bearded beanie on this board, he would be sooooooooo thrilled!  He's 24, so you'd need a man-sized pattern....  Wink)

If you need sizes or additional info, please let me know.  

Supply  items gladly received!  I have a board for that, actually  Grin

No allergies, but Im not a big fan of cigarette smoke aroma.  My husband is EXTREMELY allergic to rabbits.  If you have rabbits, please don't claim me unless you have washed your hands thoroughly before crafting, and the clothing you are wearing and the crafting items you are using have either never been anywhere near a rabbit, or have been washed since coming anywhere near a rabbit.  (hope that didn't sound rude... he's REALLY allergic -can't even be within 10 feet of one  Undecided)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012 08:17:05 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012 09:24:56 AM »

Hi!  Im Alicia!  I live in Madison, WI, USA.

Im a chemistry grad student, and I live with my boyfriend and his crazy cat.

Likes:  lots of color! (especially blues and greens), argyle, anything food or cooking related, sciencey things (chemistry especially of course), using old, unloved things to make new, useful ones, wolves, video games (Luigi is my favorite!), books (fantasy FTW), faeries, Ireland, and RPGs

Dislikes:  Super pink and cutesy or death/goth things.  Also, the color orange (its fine in small amounts, just dont generally like it as the main color).

No allergies here!

All my boards are technically fair game, though the only ones really useful for this swap are Generally Crafty through Crafts for DJ (though if anyone is a B&B crafter, Makeup and Such would be fair game as well!)  Im not very picky about exactly replicating anything, or even just making something tangentially inspired by one of my pins is probably fine!  Im always happy to give sizes or additional preferences; just PM me!

I would love an all supplies package, and I have a couple of boards that are only supply type stuff!

Ill try to keep adding things as the month goes on, but my list is here: http://pinterest.com/fishstix43/
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 09:52:41 AM by fishstix43 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spectrumsparksie
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012 12:31:06 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Carolyn. I live on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia.  A very beautiful part of the world I think.

I am a part time vocational education teacher at my local high school, and I love it.  I also love my days off, so I can craft.  I am married to my first love and we have 2 children:  dd 12 and ds 8.  There are a few items I'ved pinned for them so feel free to have a crack at them.

I love bright rainbow colours, blues and purples and cool side of the spectrum colours, I am not a big fan of autumn colours. 
I don't have a lot on my pinterest boards compared to you guys, but am working at growing it, so please, keep checking back if you haven't been inspired. 
Obviously don't go for the I made this! board.  The This is me! board tells you a little more about me without having specific crafty ideas.  I am more than happy if you get creative inspiration from there and go with it.

My pinterest link is: http://pinterest.com/carparksie/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thehappycrochetchic
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012 08:36:27 AM »

Hi!!!  I'm Julia.  I live in Indianapolis.  I love this swap!  All of my boards are open except for 'Things to make for swaps'  that is for the things that I want to make for other people so don't bother with that one.  
I only recently discovered 'Doctor Who'  so if you wanna make something from my "geek' board I will love you forever.  I also LOVE stuffies and I have a board for them too;)  But I will love anything that I get claimed for.  

I love colors:0 I don't really like muddy colors unless it is an autumn theme craft...
Feel free to craft for my children too. I have a board "for my kids"  I have 2 girls ages 5 & 8 and 2 boys ages  3 & 5.  My 5 y.o. boy loves video games, esp. Halo and Gears of war;)

My pinterest is

(www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012 08:38:37 AM by thehappycrochetchic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
ThatsWhatSheSaid
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012 12:14:59 PM »

Hi, I'm Dana. I'm 29 and live in Boston. All of my boards are up for grabs, but some you may find more "inspirational" than replicatable (like wrestling and ladyjacked Smiley) Anything under Hoops, Crafts I Want, DIY Related, Home, and Clothing/Accessories.

I'm super happy with anything and everything. I'm definitely trying to make a giant fancy Hoopla wall Smiley

Oopsie! Originally forgot the most important part:
pinterest.com/foxfirebug
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012 12:58:26 PM by ThatsWhatSheSaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlebluegirl
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012 09:56:39 AM »

Hi, I'm Leeanne.  I live near Liverpool in the UK with my cats Harlequin and Murdock.

I love this swap!

I currently volunteer in a charity shop and a fair trade shop.

All my boards are fair game except Things I've Made and Things to Make.  Supplies are welcome, I have a board for that.  I'm totally happy for you to interpret things in your own way and make something unique!

I love rainbows and also purple, silver, indigo and olive green. 

www.pinterest.com/littlebluegirl
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012 10:52:43 AM by littlebluegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spring Trend Report: Loafers
Spring Trend Report: Styling Denim Jackets
Spring Trend Report: Camo Whammo
Palmer//Harding Spring 2014 Menswear
Umit Benan Spring 2014 Menswear
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...