A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted Yoda (photo & tutorial!)  (Read 43152 times)
Tags for this thread: yoda , star_wars , featured_project , tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mmmfruit
« on: June 26, 2005 08:44:56 AM »

Inspired by the knitted yodas on livejournal, I made my own crocheted version! ^^ I'll be giving it to the boyfriend on our three year anniversary (next week). It's a good thing he doesn't read my craft forums, because  I just finished it last night and I have been dying to show it off lol!

I made him with some leftover red heart brites (green), lionbrand homespun (i can't remember the color - but it's for his coat), and a bamboo-like toothpick for his cane.

I don't have a pattern for Yoda, but I'll try to jot down some notes.  He was relatively simple to make.

Make two ears with green yarn.  Chain 6, then work a few rows of 5 sc, then decrease to 3, then decrease to 2, then decrease to 1.

For the head/body, work green yarn in the round, working in a spiral.  Once I increased to about 30 stitches, I worked a few even rounds, then decreased to about 10.  Make sure to add his face, and if you want to make it easier to attach the ears, you can attach them on now, too.  Begin stuffing with poly-fil.  I increased again to around 20 stitches for his body and worked evenly until it was long enough, then I decreased, stuffed with more poly-fil, and then closed off the circle.  That's his body.

With the homespun yarn, I basically made a rectangle that was large enough to wrap around Yoda's body.  Then I wrapped it around, using the tail to stitch it closed (leaving a small opening at the top).

with green yarn, I made a small square (I think 5 stitches wide, and about 5 rows), and folded in half.  I attached this around his neck/chest area (where the opening of his coat is) -- these are his hands.  Then I just stuck the toothpick in this folded square, for his cane. ^_^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006 07:32:27 AM by mmmfruit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005 08:48:14 AM »

that's freakin rad!  great job - love the background in the photo too Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmmfruit
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005 08:50:51 AM »

^_- thanks! i thought it'd be funny to have crocheted yoda wandering around in the swamps lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005 09:03:50 AM »

That is so cute! Smiley I'm always amazed be crocheted things, but this is so cool. He will love it. Are you going to try making any other characters?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmmfruit
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005 09:10:54 AM »

thanks! Smiley
& probably not, although i'll keep the idea in mind for the future ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caribbeanjerk
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005 09:11:44 AM »

Haha, fun.  Great job, this would be fun to make!  Hell yeah for Star Wars.  I don't crochet, do you have any links to the said knitted yodas on livejournal?  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mmmfruit
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005 09:15:36 AM »

yeah, they are here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/knitting/4641036.html
http://www.livejournal.com/community/craftgrrl/6198573.html

one of them is hosted on photobucket though :\ so the images are broken (it's the super-cute one that i love!). i believe the person who made the one on photobucket sells her pattern, and i'm not sure if there is a pattern for the other one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005 09:16:03 AM »

Awesome job on that, I must say! I love yoda and I love to knit and crochet, now my boyfriend wants one! lol
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005 09:20:56 AM by humblestumble » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
mmmfruit
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005 09:19:50 AM »

:DDD yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005 09:37:34 AM »

My husband says I have to tell you that he really likes it. I had him come in here to see and he goes "Somebody made that?! It's awesome!"  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Unbroken Horizon Part 1/2
Difference Between Setting the Stage and Telling a Story
How to Use a 50 mm Lens
How to Understand color Theory
How to Develop a Rapport with the Subject
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...