I got an e-book reader recently, which was very exciting, and was too cheap to get the cases they sold in the shop. So I had a navy jumper that I'd shrunk a bit in the wash, which I thought would be thick enough to be slightly protective. It's lined with fabric from an old skirt that I loved. There's a pocket for my stylus, and an SD card if I ever fill up the memory enough to need it.
I made up the 'pattern', and then didn't put it together as I planned, so it's not quite what I'd intended but fairly good for a first attempt. It was going to have a loop for the stylus, but I put the lining on the wrong was round, or something, and had to modify my plans.
I'm pretty pleased with it though. Does the job, looks fine and didn't cost me anything
All folded up. The button is a spare one from a dress I have.
Open. It's longer than the reader, 'cause I made the error in putting it together, but it works fine.
A shot of the wee pocket in it. You can also see the pretty lining here. The button loop is chain stitched crochet thread.
I also needed a pouch for my headphones. It's just a simple drawstring one, but it's my first one. I had some light blue fabric laying around that I never use 'cause I'm not overly keen on pastels. I think it's upholstery fabric, my grandma gave me it when I was like 9 or 10. I wanted to check out the embroidery stitches on my new sewing machine, so I used them to make the outside pretty. It's lined with fabric from some old combat trousers, and the bead on the drawstring I made when I was in primary school.
That's it with the headphones in.
And the other side, flat, if you're interested.
Let me know what you think