A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Book of Shadows Swap Round 2  (Read 12405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012 05:41:48 PM »

Woot! Got my package from Maman Tattoo! It includes a gorgeous gypsy inspired book with lots of illustrated pages, big drawings of Bast and Maahes, and a set of gypsy runes!

I'll have to take photos this weekend because our place is a cave and it started thunderstorming as Phrixy got home with the packages this afternoon.

Thank you so much! I love it and can't wait to start filling it up and adding pages I've collected. You all will be jealous when you see how cool it is. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012 08:03:24 PM »

Wow! It got there real fast! My sister in Montral got hers today as well. I wasn't expecting you to receive it before Monday!
I'm happy you love it all. You were a great partner to craft for! Cheesy

Edit: I love the BoS! It's very pretty Smiley
Thanks Wulf. You're SO great!

I'll have gorgeous Solstice Sunset by the Saint-Laurent river pictures to show you in a bit....

Edit #2:

Hope everyone had a very Blessed Litha!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012 09:19:51 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
mandykaye
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2012 04:52:27 AM »

Wow MamanTattoo! That is a beautiful picture and I'm sure it was even lovelier in person!

Wulf, the incense is ylang ylang and I believe the package is cardboard wrapped in banana leaves. I thought the container was really neat and Sabertooth Pixie could re-use it!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2012 05:38:22 AM »

Wow indeed, Maman, that photo is absolutely beautiful. It would make a great watercolour painting, wouldn't it?

Usually I don't care for flowery incense, but ylang ylang is a favourite. Which is funny because it's SO flowery, but I guess there are spicy notes in the scent too, or something that makes it okay. Usually I prefer sandalwood, frankincense, sage - typically manly ones. Though the truth is that pretty much ANY incense, if it's made with natural scents rather than synthetic ones, is nice. And the reverse is true as well - all synthetically-perfumed incense (and that's a lot of them, unfortunately) is sick-making, just in varying degrees depending on what flavour it is!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vecrutzi
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2012 02:33:42 PM »

Hey there, sorry it took me so long to post pics, I was just finishing up college! Blessed Midsummer everyone, here's what I received from Fosca!

Here's the actually book itself, a pair of stones and another on a necklace, a set of witchy postcards and some yummy incense! The incense actually made my cat a little crazy, which was fun.

She made a sticker of my avatar to put on the cover (I do belive she hand-made the book, too!)

It's filled with beautiful illustrations she printed out and bound in, as well as lots of wonderful info and hand-drawn illustrations.

There is also tons of space left for me, and she scattered the pictures and infor through-out the book, so I had to flip through every page to find it all! It was wonderful.

She also sent me a very nice dream catcher and protection charm, both of which are hanging over my bed now Smiley

Thanks for being such a great partner Fosca!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2012 11:37:07 PM »

Okay, here's what I got from Maman Tattoo!
First up, a shot of everything together: Bast and Maahes in the background (love!), some cute cards--Phrixy was interested in the needlefelted characters--the BoS, and the runes.

Next, the pretty little bag of gypsy runes. It ties with a piece of lace, and the bag matches the BoS. There are instructions for the meanings in the BoS.

And the star of the show, my new BoS! Gypsy style! The blue scarf part is soooo pretty! This is the front cover...

And here are just a few of the wonderful pages she made for me, with space to put my own information for the most part. It's great, because the tradition I'm trained in has specific standard calls for the elements for when you aren't feeling creative, and I can write them in here. There are lots of pretty pages, too many to show here, so I collaged just a few to show off.

And last of all, in the back cover is a divination page. Looks like it would work best with my pendulum, so I'll have to try it out. And look at the orange fringe! Looks like it's from one of those fun sarongs!

Love it all so much, thank you! And yes, it was worth waiting for. Smiley I think I'm addicted to making BoS pages now. Maybe I'll end up publishing a monstrous book of BoS pretties one day. The thought of it makes me happy all over!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2012 09:51:08 AM »

great packages guys!
I love both BoS's!!

I just noticed my wand has the goddess symbol on the handle. I've been using it to cast safe circles for sleeping. And keeping it under my pillow to absorb my energy and make it more connected to me. ♥
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012 10:07:15 AM by LA-Fairy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2012 01:18:15 PM »

I'm really glad you love it all Smiley

I love the "book of shadow" page, Fosca, so delicate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
mandykaye
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2012 02:09:15 PM »

Those are both amazing BoS!!!! Lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2012 04:33:08 PM »

Wow, MamanT, you never fail to amaze me. You're getting ready to move your family to the other side of the province, and yet you still have time to do such lovely stuff!  Smiley

Unless I've mis-counted, I think that's everyone sent and received, and I think I posted the last feedback today. If anyone still hasn't received, or didn't get their positive feedback, let me know. Otherwise it's another very successful WWP swap wrapped up, flake-free and fabulous. (High-five, Maman! Wink)

And we should think very seriously about what we're going to do for Mabon. I think I can organize again. Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wet-Set and Diffuse Curly Hair
How to Add Product to Curly Hair
How to Wash and Condition Curly Hair
How to Style Curly Hair
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Finishing the Look
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...