A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,133
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap Round Four (SU May 24th-May 31st, Send-Out July 11th, 2012)  (Read 19462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2012 04:28:49 PM »

Ok so I have hair, stuffed and assembled both cupcakes, and a wig base on the poppet, she is stuffed and waiting to be assembled. Clothing material set aside for all dolls, Now on to creating hair and style for poppet, and drafting the patterns for the clothes. Also thought of an accessory that the poppet will need now to figure out how to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2012 07:34:01 PM »

Ahehehe! Most times I craft for the flat rate box. This time, I might have the same problem as you...

When I get to the States I do as well! I *had* the most perfect box (it's actually the box that I sent your Alice poppet in, then you sent it back to me with my amazing sea goddess poppet. I then sent a poppet to someone else using the same box and I got it back- this box has been AROUND Wink )- but when I went to go get it today I noticed that someone ripped three of the flaps off. GRRRRRRR! Wink

sorry, *ahem*...i usually kind of make my own boxes for shipping.  i admit...i have an online shopping problem, so i have TONS of boxes to cut up and reconstruct to make my own.  Smiley

BAHAHAHA! At least some good comes out of your addiction (* something good aside from what I am sure are awesome products Wink ).

It's crazy though, you would think that I could find *at least* one box- after all my parents own a store and we get weekly shipments in/ each iof the shipments comes in a bajillion little boxes. But no, my dad, being the impatient person/ neat freak that he is, has to throw each box out ASAP  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Found a box and SENT! It's a *slightly* embarrassing box- I'm sure that if lanikins mailman is a man that he will vastly enjoy carrying it around. Not! Wink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012 01:04:13 PM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2012 05:20:11 PM »

I've been sewing & cutting out things, so have been very busy!!  Wink  Sounds like everyone has been busy, busy sewing & other things too!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2012 05:32:05 PM »

Just wanted to update y'all for the weekly check-ins. If your name is crossed off it means that you checked in at some point during that week!

May 31- June 6
puamelia
beth8144
averyg
lanikins
SunflowerSmiles
Sharalee

warpedhooker
IsikkahJai

June 7- June 13
puamelia
beth8144
averyg
lanikins
SunflowerSmiles
Sharalee
warpedhooker
IsikkahJai

June 14-20
puamelia
beth8144
averyg
lanikins
SunflowerSmiles
Sharalee
warpedhooker
IsikkahJai

June 21-June 27
puamelia
beth8144
averyg
lanikins
SunflowerSmiles
Sharalee
warpedhooker
IsikkahJai

June 28-July 3
puamelia
beth8144
averyg
lanikins
SunflowerSmiles

Sharalee
warpedhooker
IsikkahJai

Y'all have been really amazing- thanks so much, it makes my job a heck of a lot less stressful! Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012 06:15:09 PM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2012 11:50:34 PM »

Wow, somehow I missed one week, by a day! sorry about that!  Avery, you are as always a wonderful organizer and active thread participant. Love ya!

Well, I am proud to say that the cupcake for Beth's daughter is done. Also, my older daughter made something to go with it. Cheesy Very cool!

So one more thing, then back to the poppet. She is a bit fussy... can't decide what she wants to wear. Just like my kids - wish she would just wear what I picked out! grr!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2012 05:54:29 AM »

Wow, somehow I missed one week, by a day! sorry about that!  Avery, you are as always a wonderful organizer and active thread participant. Love ya!

So worries Su! I trust 'ya! Wink
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012 06:16:31 AM by averyg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

warpedhooker
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2012 09:09:16 AM »

Ak!  I can't believe I missed the very first week!  Um, I don't suppose two posts on the 30th count does it?   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2012 09:15:08 AM »

Ak!  I can't believe I missed the very first week!  Um, I don't suppose two posts on the 30th count does it?   Grin

No worries! It really won't make any of an impact- had you missed say three or four check-ins, then we would have had a problem. Wink

It's more so for me for after send-out dates. I have found that after the send-out date people start to really slack on the checking it, which is still necessary. I'd much prefer to get a PM which says, "Oh hey! I received my poppet." rather than having to find out myself by looking in the gallery/ trying to determine who made the zombie pirate poppet versus who made the zombie ballerina poppet. Wink

Seriously though, you ladies may just be the chattiest bunch I have encountered while organizing these swaps. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2012 10:20:19 AM »

Thanks Av! I like chatty.... it keeps me going. I turn on the computer every morning to see if anyone posted lol!
And now that you've sent, is there a gallery going up? And btw, is the box pink, or previously "feminine"? Curious to see it now! Smiley

@warpedhooker - I know how you feel lol!

off to have some coffee...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2012 10:48:49 AM »

Hee hee.. Me too Pua. As soon as my daughter goes off to school I'm on the computer checking all my swap threads and messages  Cheesy Then I either play my MMORPG for a bit or craft while it's quiet and the other munchkin isn't around to distract me Smiley

Poppet-wise I have the limbs stuffed and the head complete but that's about it Tongue I've been doing a heck of a lot of TINY poppets for my Sweat Shoppe and my fingers hurt from threading so many limbs in one day Sad Had to take a break Tongue
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012 10:51:08 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Overcoming Haircut Fears
How to Fix Frizzy Hair
How to Choose the Right Wig for You
How to Make Hair Bows
How to Wash Dreadlocks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...