A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: In >>Your<< FACE! (Face Painting--IMG HEAVY!)  (Read 9858 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2012 04:07:39 PM »

Yeah, "In Your Face! Face Painting" is how I have semi-officially decided to start referring to my face painting..."business" (it's not really officially a business yet...just something I do on the side, haha)

Anyhow though, here are some of my recent designs that I've done.
If you've seen my other face painting post, you can see how I've improved. Smiley

Tiger on my boyfriend (design is based directly off a design one of my friends/face painting mentors did; a year ago, I probably couldn't have done this)

Uuuunicorn!
Design here is loosely based off of a unicorn I saw somewhere online (only part I took from it was the fact that the unicorn uses the wearer's eye as its eye)

Rubber ducky with bubbles mask
Super proud of this one!  I was asked to face paint at the Milford Duck Pond Race a couple weeks ago, and wanted to create a design related to the event.  The kids all loved it!

Giraffe!!
This is another design I was super excited about, and love how it turned out....especially the "mane" (not sure if it's called a mane on a giraffe...?)

Octopus!
I absolutely love octopuses (or octopi - either plural is appropriate Wink)

Loch Ness monster on my boyfriend.  This is an adaptation of a design I learned whilst working at Busch Gardens in Florida.  I think it brings out his eyes really well  :3

This is another direct copy of one of my friend/mentor's designs.  Done on my cousin for a St. Patrick's Day parade.

Shark on my boyfriend!
Love how this one turned out, too--loosely based off a design I saw somewhere online.  Super popular with little boys.  ^__^

Hello Kitty
Obviously I didn't create this design myself, lol

Dragon Mask
Loosely based off a design I learned while working at Busch Gardens in Florida.  I need to work on the wings a bit....otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with it, and so was my friend's son (the model) Smiley

Pulling Teeth
This one was based off a design I remembered from about 2 years ago.  Saw it somewhere online (as I usually do, haha) 
Done on my friend Annie, who is a dental hygienist and requested that I do a tooth-related design on her.  She loved it, haha 

CCI Logo
This is my friend Danielle who is a volunteer puppy raiser for Canine Companions for Independence.  Learn more at cci.org  Smiley

Rainbow robot unicorn shooting a laser beam from its horn!!!!
I was so excited to do this one.  Smiley

Yep.  My friend Shelby as a Power Ranger.
He asked me to paint his face, and said I could do what I want....he was already wearing this shirt, so I went with it.  He was super excited, as was I.  Smiley

The end! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012 08:14:56 PM »

These are awesome! I love the designs. And cute name!
I do face painting as well and if you are getting a business together for it make sure you have a Spider Man mask design in your book. I paint more of that than anything else. Also, you should start looking into summer festivals that you can rent a little booth space. It's usually really worth the $ to do it. I clear $500+ by myself when I'm at any sort of event.

What brand of paint are you using? I use Snazaroo, it's my favorite. But the red annoys me. Also, what sort of glitter? Are you using it in a gel or loose?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .

http://wists.com/Samantha_McKay
RenDuH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012 12:58:00 PM »

These are awesome! I love the designs. And cute name!
I do face painting as well and if you are getting a business together for it make sure you have a Spider Man mask design in your book. I paint more of that than anything else. Also, you should start looking into summer festivals that you can rent a little booth space. It's usually really worth the $ to do it. I clear $500+ by myself when I'm at any sort of event.

What brand of paint are you using? I use Snazaroo, it's my favorite. But the red annoys me. Also, what sort of glitter? Are you using it in a gel or loose?

Thank you! Cheesy
Yes, I have a Spider Man mask, lol.  I actually used to do face painting and henna tattoos at Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL, so I know what designs are most popular  Wink
I've been thinking of summer festivals, and I'm actually a volunteer photographer for the renaissance faire in my area, so they're helping me to try and book face painting gigs with them, too! (super excited about this Cheesy)

The paint I use is two different brands.  Every color except for orange and pink (because I haven't gotten around to buying the orange and pink cakes yet) is Wolfe Brothers Hydrocolor, and the orange and pink are Snazaroo from a kit I got for free for working a gig last year.  Wolfe is what I used when I painted at Busch Gardens, and I absolutely love it.  As for the Snazaroo, to be completely honest, I probably wouldn't use it if I hadn't gotten it for free.  It gets too goopy when it gets wet.  Wolfe dries faster and isn't as insanely thick (it's still thick enough to be really great face paint, but the Snazaroo is a hair away from going from thick to goopy).

The glitter I use is loose, and is also Wolfe Brothers.  In person, it's SO gorgeous!  It has a lot of different colors and dimension to it, and a tiny bit goes a long way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012 11:51:12 AM »

These are fantastic!  Definitely professional looking.  I love the ones where you incorporated your subjects facial features.  I realize it's probably done often, but I've never seen it like that, and it's so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012 09:28:57 AM »

Wow! These are great! I always get roped into doing the face painting booth at the fall carnival at my mom's school. It is a lot of fun. The traffic is usually way too high to do really fancy designs like yours though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
SneakyFoxeh
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013 09:00:25 AM »

That's awesome!  Love the shark design.  Smiley

Also, congrats for winning a best of craftster award!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013 09:34:41 AM »

Congrats!!

You're a Craftster Best of 2012 Winner!

Craftster Best of 2012 Winner

Feel free to use this badge as your avatar!
If you'd like to use it as a badge on your personal website or blog, you can grab the full code at the bottom of this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013 03:30:55 PM »

Whoa! I'm sorry I missed this the first time around! You are such a talented artist and I love your unique take on face painting! So much more fun than the boring (and somewhat unrecognizable) butterflies that I always got at summer festivals Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RenDuH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013 08:30:39 PM »

Whoa! I'm sorry I missed this the first time around! You are such a talented artist and I love your unique take on face painting! So much more fun than the boring (and somewhat unrecognizable) butterflies that I always got at summer festivals Smiley.

Aww, thank you so much!  I only just saw your comment--I haven't been able to be very active on Craftster lately because I don't have Internet at my house (I go on my computer maybe once every week or two).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Picasa 3: A Photo and Video Editing Freeware
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper - Part 2
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper
How to Photoshop a Movie Poster Desktop Wall Paper - 3 of 3
How to Make a Stop Motion Animation with IKITMovie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...