A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 308,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
229 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Long Time Lurker Turned Avid Recon-er--Lots of recons!  (Read 2552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tatortator
« on: May 17, 2012 08:46:12 AM »

Hey y'all! I've been lurking on here for a lonnngggg time and I've finally decided to post!
So I've been reconing like mad for the past few days and heres what I've come up with:

This was a big Camp Carysbrook shirt that I got a few years ago as a pj shirt (I mostly sleep in HUGE shirts hahaha) and i cut it up and knotted it in this mesh-y way. I thought it came out pretty nice.

This was a pair of size 11 (I've gained a bit of weight and I'm now size 15) shorts from Target. I cut them up the sides along the seams and sewed in some extra fabric I had left over after a shirt I made a while ago. Origionally they were a bit big when I added the fabric so I took them in a bit and they fit perfectly!

This used to be a pair of jeans that I also grew out of. I cut off the legs and sewed on some really nice jearsy fabric (I bunched it in a few places so that it hung really nice) and voila! A dress! The belt hides the uneven sewing job haha.

This was a Cute is What We Aim For shirt that I hadn't worn recently. I cut off the sleeves and the neckline and then folded over a hem on both sides (back and front). Then I sewed the hems and strung a ribbon through both sides and tied it at the side. I think It came out pretty nice for just a crappy t-shirt.

So that's pretty much it for now, I've made a few more things but I want to perfect them before I put them up!
Hope you enjoyed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012 11:49:36 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jealousdoll
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012 11:35:52 PM »

You did a great job. I really like the jean top dress. I'm working on several recons right now and that just gave me an idea. Thank you very much for showing us. I'm going to make a dress like yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tatortator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012 09:12:13 AM »

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1spazticchik

<3 The Donnas <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012 12:26:44 PM »

Very nice, I especially like the jean/green jersey dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...