A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recent sculptures! (picture heavy!)  (Read 3958 times)
Tags for this thread: 3d , sculpture , clay , painted , figure , animal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

_trains__derail
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012 02:39:35 PM »

Jeez, You know, I just got done commenting on some other work you'd posted and.... I mean, Really, Jeez.  These are astounding.  Did you sculpt the original pieces that the molds were cast from?  Either way, They are very impressive.  I would like to know more about you as an artist.  Have you happened to have written one of those "In the beginning I was a child" speeches that would give me a bit of an idea of your scope of work?   Wink

Wow, thanks! If you're talking about the faces, there were no molds involved. Well, I guess it doesn't matter if you're talking about them or not because I don't ever use molds for any of my work anyway, haha. Everything is made individually by hand from start to finish Smiley

LOL, no speeches like that to speak of, unfortunately. If I had my artist statement posted somewhere online I'd let you read it, but.. I don't, haha. Let's see what I can tell you.... I'm a 21-year-old college student from New Jersey, triple-majoring in Fine Art, Art History, & Asian Studies (specializing in East Asia). That's partially why a lot of my work is related to Asian Art in some way. Last summer I travelled to China & it changed my life. My dream is to attend grad school at CAFA in Beijing, buuuuut that's a REALLY long shot.

..that's about all there really is to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my etsy store & my website!
Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012 03:53:25 PM »

Wow, thanks! If you're talking about the faces, there were no molds involved. Well, I guess it doesn't matter if you're talking about them or not because I don't ever use molds for any of my work anyway, haha. Everything is made individually by hand from start to finish Smiley

LOL, no speeches like that to speak of, unfortunately. If I had my artist statement posted somewhere online I'd let you read it, but.. I don't, haha. Let's see what I can tell you.... I'm a 21-year-old college student from New Jersey, triple-majoring in Fine Art, Art History, & Asian Studies (specializing in East Asia). That's partially why a lot of my work is related to Asian Art in some way. Last summer I travelled to China & it changed my life. My dream is to attend grad school at CAFA in Beijing, buuuuut that's a REALLY long shot.

..that's about all there really is to me!

My mum worked at a ceramic shop when I was little and all of their ceramics were poured.  I remember helping to sand all of the fired pieces.  The smell reminds me of old books.  I think you are brilliant and I also think you'd have to be mad to think someone as talented as you are would have trouble doing anything you set your heart on.  I mean that.  You clearly have a drive and a real passion.  I believe you can do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012 01:43:56 AM »

Love love love the fawns, the rats are cute but the faces kinda creep me out. Reminds me of the headblocks I used in hairdressing. I still have nightmares over them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Harriegirl1
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012 03:40:39 PM »

The lion is mask is beautiful.  The rats scare me though.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012 10:58:32 PM »

Love the deer skeleton and the fawns! I also like the pieces in your older post! Looks like so much fun to make!  Thanks for sharing your talent! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
October Holidays OTT 6, Vintage Halloween Swap, Anatomy Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap!

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012 11:02:05 PM »

Haha, thanks! My ceramics professor.. hates me, unfortunately. LOL, she's the kind of person who is not open to art that differs from her own style, which is extremely abstract. If I hear "why don't you try abstracting this a bit?" from her one more time, I may blow a gasket. She essentially wants everything to be amorphous blobs, which is totally fine if that's what you're into... but I'm not into it at all, hahah.

This reminds of a professor I had in college!  I also majored in studio arts and one of my professors kept trying to convince that less was more.  But really, I'm just a more is more person. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
October Holidays OTT 6, Vintage Halloween Swap, Anatomy Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap!

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
Juliana13

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012 05:33:19 AM »

I collect masks and my husband WILL NOT let me put them in the bedroom because he says they look at him and follow him. I can just imagine what he would say about those faces! They are so amazingly, hauntingly realistic I love them! I want the whole set to put up all around my bedroom and scare the hell out of the hubby! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
Gage
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012 12:31:36 PM »

I <3 the deer bones, so creative and unique
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KittyHerman

Large Marge sent me.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012 09:05:05 PM »

Really wonderful work...you have great talent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't stop....

......MUST MAKE MORE ATC'S!!!!

Personal Swaps?..... Yes, please Grin
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012 12:18:50 PM »

Wow. I mean this with the greatest of respect but those faces/masks are creeping me the heck out! I think it's the mouths, they look so real. You've coloured them in such a way that they're so lush and dewy, like someone who's just licked their lips. Your use of colour as well as beautifully formed shapes is phenomenal. I'm in awe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Color Photos Into Stunning Black and White Photos
Infrared Photography: How to Choose Filters
Photography Tips for Shooting a First Birthday Celebration
White Balance Photography and Post Production Tips
DSLR Cameras: Using the Live View Function
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...