A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recent sculptures! (picture heavy!)  (Read 3805 times)
Tags for this thread: 3d , sculpture , clay , painted , figure , animal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

_trains__derail
« on: May 20, 2012 12:01:46 PM »

Hi! I made this post a few years ago (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314284.0) & it actually made it to the featured projects page, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to sculpture-wise lately with you guys!

"Deer"
acrylic wash over fired ceramic

"Lion Mask"
acrylic paint, flax & horse hair with fired ceramic

"Fawns"
acrylic paint on fired ceramic

"Rats"
acrylic wash over fired ceramic (sorry these photos are so bad, they're all I really have of them after they were finished  Undecided)

Please appreciate the wonder of my fancy photoshop skills with these next two, lol

"Faces"
acrylic paint & nail polish on fired ceramic

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 08:56:58 AM by kittykill - Reason: To comply with Craftster's guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my etsy store & my website!
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012 12:10:28 PM »

how wonderful!! your an incredible artist!!!!!   love the rats...love them and the lion mask...so cool...all of your work is incredible.

Thanks for sharing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
_trains__derail
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012 01:29:00 PM »

how wonderful!! your an incredible artist!!!!!   love the rats...love them and the lion mask...so cool...all of your work is incredible.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you very much! I appreciate it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistymystery5
Monster Queen Misty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012 01:55:29 PM »

The fawns are incredibly sweet. I am torn on the rats because normally rats make my inside squirm, but yours are so good and cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_trains__derail
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012 02:25:35 PM »

The fawns are incredibly sweet. I am torn on the rats because normally rats make my inside squirm, but yours are so good and cute!

Hahaha, thanks. You're not the first person who has said something along those lines about the rats. One of my professors said, "Oooof.. these are great, but.. you know where I'm from in Cuba? The rats were really that size..." as he shook off some of the heebie-jeebies, LOL. Anyway, they were modeled after my babies, may they rest in piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glammysami
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012 05:49:33 AM »

These are so amazingly detailed. You have a real talent here, my ceramics professor would absolutely love you lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_trains__derail
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012 11:42:32 AM »

These are so amazingly detailed. You have a real talent here, my ceramics professor would absolutely love you lol

Haha, thanks! My ceramics professor.. hates me, unfortunately. LOL, she's the kind of person who is not open to art that differs from her own style, which is extremely abstract. If I hear "why don't you try abstracting this a bit?" from her one more time, I may blow a gasket. She essentially wants everything to be amorphous blobs, which is totally fine if that's what you're into... but I'm not into it at all, hahah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012 12:10:49 PM »

isn't the whole idea of creation is to be and do what makes YOU happy?  That professor needs to have someone give them a lesson in art. Art is creative expression from the soul not having to meet some mold. UGH! that frustrates me!!!!

I LOVE your art!  LOVE. IT.   Tell your prof to take their abstract and abstract on out of there... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
_trains__derail
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012 01:44:47 PM »

isn't the whole idea of creation is to be and do what makes YOU happy?  That professor needs to have someone give them a lesson in art. Art is creative expression from the soul not having to meet some mold. UGH! that frustrates me!!!!

I LOVE your art!  LOVE. IT.   Tell your prof to take their abstract and abstract on out of there... Grin

LOL, I agree wholeheartedly! I have nothing against the woman on a personal level or even from an artistic standpoint, but I think you should be much more open than she is if you're going to be an educator who is constantly surrounded by students with a vast range of interests, styles & skill sets.

Thanks again!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012 02:04:25 PM »

Jeez, You know, I just got done commenting on some other work you'd posted and.... I mean, Really, Jeez.  These are astounding.  Did you sculpt the original pieces that the molds were cast from?  Either way, They are very impressive.  I would like to know more about you as an artist.  Have you happened to have written one of those "In the beginning I was a child" speeches that would give me a bit of an idea of your scope of work?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Young British Artist Joe Steele Talks About the Original YBAs
Young British Artist Adham Faramawy Talks About YBAs and His Work
Young British Artist Edward Fornieles Talks About His Work and the YBAs
Clock Clock
April 15th: RIP Joey Ramone
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...