A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Style for June!  (Read 940 times)
Tags for this thread: being_human  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 06, 2012 06:38:04 PM »

For June I wanted to try out a new style and not do my typical pin-up girl type ATC's that I have been doing for a while. They are fun, I am sure I will do more. I just wanted to switch it up some and try something new. I found and became enthralled with distressing ink.  Tongue  
 PS. I did the Movie Monster set right after Wednesday Addams.
 Here is what I did for the June ATC swap.

I love Being Human BBC and when I saw spikefan had this theme I knew had to do it. Tom is such an adorable character! In case you don't watch (which you should) Tom is a werewolf and hunts vampires with a stake. Hence his name on a stake.

Negaduck, the doppelganger of Darkwing Duck. I owed bunny1kenobi this one for a while.

For wandering men of grief. I wanted a ghost sort of effect on him. Like he is fading in his grief. Still out on whether I like it or not...

Wednesday Addams. I liked how she turned out.  Smiley

I was dying just to regular draw by now. Ha! This is called "F U R2".

jillybeans has the theme "objects with legs". While I was in my need to draw phase a picked her and kept thinking of stories for them. This is C.C. (Compogno Clean) she is determined to escape the kitchen and the dish towel keeps telling her it will never happen. We will see!

And this is Debbie doing a few drunk dials, old skool. Notice the distressing ink. LOL!
For a fantasy landscape I tried to use distressing ink for the background (I haven't given up on this idea yet. I just need to work on it a bit more). I cut the road and buildings out. Not my favorite but it wasn't instantly recognisable as mine (at least I don't think so?) and that was one of my goals.

Back to the new style I was trying out this month. I was playing around with different backgrounds and cutting them out to give them some extra depth. Edward from Twilight. My husband laughed at me! Ha!

I think Jasper came out better. You can tell he is raised up from the background in this picture. I tried to make the background look like splattered and smeared blood. Again, the husband told me it was a fail but the card was good.  Roll Eyes

I had to use deathbeforedishes pictures for these. If I can find mine I will switch them out. This is my polar owl. For some reason I thought he looked like a penguin so I added penguins in the background so you could tell the difference. I got fancy with BLUE destressing ink here.

and I work for an Italian company so I had to do an Italian one. No idea why he looks so mean. No idea what so ever. Lalalala.  Wink 
 Thanks for checking them out! I am hoping to work on my backgrounds more in the next couple months. Hopefully they will improve!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012 06:52:41 PM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012 06:58:38 PM »

Gozer, I love your sense of humor!!  It is always such a delight to read your posts, and your art is awesome!  I love how Wednesday is done in the same style as your classic movie monsters....  They look almost "paint-by-number-ish" until you get to their heads.  You know how paint by numbers have all those cool outlined areas?  That's what it reminds me of, but it's so much cooler the way you do it!

Of course I am horrendously partial to Negaduck (and his nemesis!) - no bias there whatsoever!!

I've been loving the syfy version of Being Human, but have never seen the BBC one.  Guess I need to check it out!! Smiley

Your wandering man of grief certainly looks sad.  I think you accomplished your goal!

The robot, the cleaner and the phone really crack me up!!  As I said, you make me laugh!

I would never have pegged the landscape as being one of yours - again, mission accomplished!

I am a self-confessed Twihard (although I've discovered the Mortal Instruments series and it is sooooooooo much better!!), so I loved your Twilight atcs. 

And your owls are insanely cute! Even the mean one!   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

madcrafter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012 09:44:42 PM »

i think your style is amazing.  It really helps to see them all as a group.

Thanks for sharing your ATCs.

Lois
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Victoria Kamalova
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012 11:29:28 PM »

Great ATCs! All of them are fabulous! The phone is LOL)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012 05:29:03 AM »

Talent there. Love them. I especially like the angry own in Italy. I need that in my cubicle or on my badge cover. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012 08:45:35 AM »

Thanks everyone! My next challenge is going to be to flock something. I have never done it but I got some flocking powder on sale at Michaels. Ha!!

bunny1kenobi - I told my husband, "hey, someone thinks I am funny". He stared and said, "they don't know you". Then he asked, "Is that from your crafting website? If so I am going to have to ban that from you. It's filling your head with non-sense". LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012 09:55:41 AM »

bunny1kenobi - I told my husband, "hey, someone thinks I am funny". He stared and said, "they don't know you". Then he asked, "Is that from your crafting website? If so I am going to have to ban that from you. It's filling your head with non-sense". LOL!
hahahahaaaa!!  hey, EVERYBODY'S got (at least) a little funny in 'em!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smokey Eye Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - The Fresh Face
How to Do Skeleton Makeup for Halloween
FDA Approves First Facial Filler in US
Now You Can Use a Clarisonic on Your Feet
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...