A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Legend of Korra / Avatar: The Last Airbender round 4??  (Read 5663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012 09:47:02 AM »

I'm still not sure what to feel about that ending. It was so beautiful Smiley and yet heartbreaking Sad What I'm really wondering right now is what could they possible do for a season 2??? And Iroh and Boomie were both great Smiley

Ok.... why is this swap not open already!!!??? lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012 10:07:41 AM »

Ack!!  Lips sealed So instead of making the questionnaire last night, I kind of sort of coerced my sister to visit and we marathoned all 10 Korra episodes... I'm working on it now! It should be up later today!

But YEEEES. Who knew Amon had such a long backstory? The scene at the end with him on that boat...  Undecided My gosh! And I was truly afraid for Mako when he saved Korra/was running away/attacked again by Amon... Very creepy! I also love Iroh and his CRAZY firebending, and... total kudos to Asami for not betraying team Avatar... and two seconds of Bumi....! And everything!  Grin I think the very end with Korra... getting something back, not to spoil it... was kind of a cop-out; Aang had to go to Temples to do that kind of junk, but... overall! Very good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012 10:55:48 AM »

ohhh teasing me with working on the swap and it not being done! lol. At least it was  delayed for a good reason Smiley

I know right? With how long his back story was I felt like we should have gotten more hints about it early on. You know, so we wouldn't have been wa-bammed by a long story right there. And didn't Iroh's crazy bending remind you of another crazy firebender we all know Wink ? As for the getting back... I don't know. (Gonna try to be vague here lol) But the avatar is said to grow more powerful with each life and be able t draw form the past lives... it felt fitting to me that she could draw on Aang in a way for that Smiley

Ok now I have to go sit on my hands until Nick2 starts playing the episode again Cheesy lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012 10:58:10 AM »

Um...how is it that you all have watched the season finale already?!   Sad *sad face* I usually watch every sunday on gogoanime.com or on Nick.com. but they're not up yet.
 I'm kinda of on the fence about (the new) General Iroh's voice actor. Anybody else notice that's it's ZUKO?!?!!  Undecided And I've decided that Mako is NOT worthy of his name. Sorry to all you Mako fans but I really despise that he has that name. The writers shouldn't have even HAD that name in there. The real Mako was too much a part of an AWESOME Avatar legacy to have his name given to such a wishy-washy character. Bleh. Again, sorry for the rant. Don't Blood Bend me off a cliff or sumthin!  Shocked
   On a different note, I'm full up on swaps right now but PLEASE PM ME when the official swap goes up on the boards!!! I need me some more Avatar goodies ^^

BTW-----HI OATH KEEPER!!!  Grin Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012 11:11:08 AM »

HI IsikkahJai! Cheesy Wish you had a spot open for joining the swap Sad But I can PM you when it's up if you like.

They always play it on TV before they put it online. I watched it on nick this morning and I'm watching it again right now (on commercial break hehe) on Nick2. Lol yes everyone heard that the first time. That's part of why he was loved instantly by so many people. And I don't know... Mako may surprise you when push comes to shove Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_essence
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2012 01:20:48 PM »

Yeah! I noticed immediately last episode that General Iroh's voice was Zuko's, but we didn't really get to see anything until this episode so I reserved judgment. But nowww after this episode, given his awesomeness and crazy fire bending, having Zuko's voice just made him...more awesome to me hahaha Smiley

So is it true that Korra is only going to be two seasons long? Only one more?

CAN'T WAIT for the questionnaire!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2012 01:57:32 PM »

There are only 2 seasons PLANNED. BUT! Before the first season even started they said there were chances for a third season if it was popular... Would you call it popular? Because I would Cheesy So fingers crossed that they go threw with the third season if season 2 gos strong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2012 08:38:40 PM »

Sign ups are OPEN!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410494.0  Grin Let me know if the timing is bad... IsikkahJai, you're almost done with one of your 5, right? Would you be able to join if I pushed back the sign-up deadline a bit?

Yeah, I feel like Korra might have ended differently if they'd known from the get-go that there was going to be more than one Book. Now that I think about it, it really reminds me of the fourth Harry Potter book! You get a mid-book travel back in time to view a court trial where important people are introduced... and you wonder why you should care, it was in the past and seems like a non sequitur... but at the very end someone explains how the villian is related to this incident. That's fine and dandy and all, but it's hard to be shocked about the villian reveal when he's someone you don't really care about, you know? The end of episode 8, where Korra is taken? Now THAT was a nasty surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012 01:20:44 AM »

I FINALLY WATCHED THE LAST EPISODES!!  Grin Grin And...I was somewhat disappointed to be honest.
   I mean, I LIKE the happy ending! Don't get me wrong. But in the last five minutes Korra loses her bending, tells Mako she "can't do it" when he confesses he loves her, has a cry about it, gets her bending BACK thanks to her SUDDENLY opening her spiritual side and everything is right again with everyone. At least with Aang, there was a Journey. Something you could track his progress with. You saw him mature. This season was just kind of....fight fight fight, plot plot plot, bad guy is revealed as a traitor and BANG good guys win.
           *sigh*
  I'm sorry I'm such a downer about the show Gals. I just loved the first one so darn much I feel let down by this one. It was rushed. They could have stretched this into two season and made it better.  Undecided

Well BunnieBard, if I haven't put anybody off with my negativity, (  Embarrassed Cry ) I'll be open for swapping hopefully at the beginning of July. I might squeak in. If not, there's always next round  Wink Don't push sign-ups back because of me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012 10:13:23 AM »

I actuly understand what you're talking about IsikkahJai. I found myself felling a bit of the same way around the middle of korra. I had to stop looking at it as a sequel to the last airbender (which I had been doing at first Tongue) and just look at it like a stand alone show. Then I found it a to be lot more enjoyable Smiley But even if you flat out hated it Isikkah, the last airbender crafting is always the way to go Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doug Magee Talks About Never Wave Goodbye
City of Glass Book Trailer
Monte Reel Talks About The Last of the Tribe
Rachel Renee Russell Talks About Dork Diaries II
Jeffrey Deaver Talks About The Burning Wire
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...