A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 30th birthday gift ideas?  (Read 868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amaya_Fey
« on: May 18, 2012 08:34:36 PM »

Hi,

One of my best friends is turning 30. We are going to Disney (FL) in August and we will be there for her birthday. I would really like to make her something. I was originally thinking of the 30 sucks lollipop idea but she probably wouldn't eat the lollipops.

She likes going to baseball games, she likes to read, she goes to the gym and is a runner. She also has a much better paying job than me especially because I am younger than her.

I can crochet, loom knit, do a bit of knitting, have painted a little bit, and cross-stitched a little bit, and I also have a cricut machine, and I can sew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Swimswamswum
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012 07:52:08 PM »

What about a cute bag with a baseball applique? You could also make a quilt (if you can sew) of he favorite things.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Welliedanger
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012 11:59:29 AM »

I would loom knit something she can use while running/working out.  How about an i-pod arm cozy, or a water bottle holder?   How about a baseball-themed facecloth?  you could easily do a simple white cotton cloth and add some red thread for baseball stitches?  You could knit a couple, then make some simple face scrub with oatmeal and plain yogurt (or sugar, or whatever - i know there are recipes on craftster), tie them up with some ribbon and tag it 'For Your Dirty 30s'!  It could be cute... just a few suggestions that came to mind as I was typing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why pamper life's complexities when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 3 Ways to Wear Nautical Stripes For Fall
Christmas Day Style Tips
Three Chic Ways to Rock Winter Pastels
Top Fashion and Style Trends of 2013
Beautiful Christmas Day Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...