A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Read to Me, Mommy Round 3 GALLERY  (Read 2989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« on: May 18, 2012 10:13:24 AM »

Original Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=405838.0

Post away!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012 07:34:19 PM by A2JC4life » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012 12:40:08 PM »

My partner pinkmichk asked me to post pics of what I sent them. So here we go, sorry lots of pictures! I took all separate pics, I will think of that next time!

I chose a Dutch book for her little boy. It is called "Agent en Boef" - Policeman and Crook. Around this book I tried to come up with things that fitted the book.
I made a bookmark - one side a crook, one side a good boy:

Here is a picture of the book, along with some "bookworms". I don't know if it is an English word as well, it is Dutch for someone that reads a lot.

A little bag with a car and a creation of iron beads made by my youngest son:

In the bag the biggest project and something I am particular proud of:

Little fingerpuppets that fits the characters of the book! All made of felt. It took WAY longer than I estimated, but who cares when this is the result!

For her girl, I chose an English book, one of my favourite writers ever: Matilda by Roald Dahl.

You can also see a pink bookmark and a star of iron beads made by my oldest son.

I love bags, can you already tell? Made a purple dotted bag, both sides are different:

A picture of both sides, the heart has also two different sides and is removable.

And last, but not least I made a handpuppet. My first try at this, so I'm not completely satisfied, but this is really the best I can do at this moment! She looks pretty nevertheless!

I stuffed some candy in the box as well and I added a little note with all the items.
We had fun crafting and look forward to see what you made for us!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012 04:25:23 PM »

We are bookworms in English, too, Wink

Love the puppets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012 06:29:16 AM »

thank you for posting pics & for our awesome package  Grin we love everything. the bookworms are too cute & perfect Oscar size to hold/chew on (teething baby eats everything lol) Molly is already half way through her book
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
rubylynns
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012 06:58:55 AM »

Those little finder puppets are amazing.....what a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012 11:04:42 AM »

Thank you!

And pinkmichk, I am glad that the bookworms are being "eaten" by your son and that your daughter enjoys reading her book!

I couldn't stop crafting, we had so much fun! Yay for liking to craft and for partners liking their package  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012 09:15:21 PM »

We got one of ours!!!  Thank you very much pjr107!
My good camera got too much sand in it so I had to take some not so great pictures. Sorry.  Sad

First the case!

Inside were many detective tools.

Also 2 books (one not pictured)

And an angry birds bag.

He is over the moon with it and has already started reading a book!

He tells me he is a real detective now.  How funny that we chose similar themes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012 11:13:03 AM »

I like your investigator, Jen sews! Cheesy  PJ what a great idea the suitcase with all this cool stuff!! And that is a nice bag too. Great job!

We received today! Here's what we got from pinkmichk:

This if for the youngest, Joris. He got a book about aliens: Aliens love underpants. Hahaha, hilarious!
With a sock alien, self melted crayons heart shaped and a bookmark with his initial. (you can see that in the next pic)
In this picture you can see tic tac toe, which will come in handy when we will be travelling.  Cheesy

And next:

This if for the oldest, Thijs. He got a book by the writer Enid Blyton, Mr. Galliano's Circus.
He got a sock monkey, also these self melted heart shaped crayons and you can see both bookmarks. The bookmarks are made by Molly, my partners daughter: great job!

We also got some candy, had to hide that! Oh and one more pic of the sock critters, a close up:

Thanks Michelle and Molly! And hug Oscar for us! It was a nice swap  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canamharris
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012 11:48:59 AM »

I received yesterday from mom2em.

For my 2 year old son we received:
Clifford the big red dog, a clifford lacing card, a dog print pillow case, and some playdough with a doggie cookie cutter. you can also see the cute clifford bookmark sticking out from the book!

For my 4 year old daughter we received:
Olivia and the babies, a baby diaper for her dolls, a little fabric chalkboard, some cute heart pony tail holders, and a cute red bag.

And here are the kids with their new books!

Thanks mom2em. the kids love their stuff and their new books! We love both series in our house! So now to read these ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012 08:14:06 PM »

We received, and not only have I been horribly slow about getting pictures here, I just realized that the photos I do have are lacking in several important respects: the book is missing from the pictures, one item is blurry, and a wearable is not photographed being worn.  *sigh*  But I suppose some pictures are better than no pictures, so here goes (and I will try to remember to photograph the wearable when next my daughter puts it on):

The book shipped separately, so I forgot to take a picture, but it was The Little Red Hen - wonderful, classic choice that we, amazingly, did not own yet!

Extras:

(She is holding the second item backward; that's a dry erase board, and she is loving it!)

A gardening apron:

with seeds:

(There were more seeds, but the kids pulled the packets out one at a time, and I didn't think you wanted a zillion photos of individual seed packets. lol)

and tools for planting the seeds:

A bright, fun newspaper-bead necklace:

to go with this awesome pillowcase dress:

And we had to laugh, because these things match my kitchen, which is red, white, black, and yellow with chickens!:

(That is her apron held up against my curtains.)

Thank you again!  You guys did a fantastic job picking things for us!  Sophia is really looking forward to planting her seeds as soon as we get a spare moment to breathe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Clothespin Picture Wreath
Log Cabin Quilt Block Patterns
Segment Unavailable
Quilt as You Go - Strip Quilt
How to Create Constellation Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...