A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ATC Question  (Read 1013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geekgirl1000100
« on: May 18, 2012 07:58:49 AM »

I am fairly new to the ATC scene and I was just wondering on average how long it takes people to make one ATC.  I know it could vary depending on technique, so answer assuming there is drawing, coloring, or painting involved.

I'm just trying to figure out if I am abnormally slow or if an hour a card is about right Smiley

*** I didn't post this question in the "Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)" forum as I didn't actually have a picture to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012 08:32:26 AM »

If you're anything like me, sometimes you can whip out a great ATC in a short amount of time, and sometimes it takes forever to make one you're still not happy with. I usually collage mine, so I'm not sure how people who generally draw or paint would answer this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
SunnyDawn
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012 07:47:53 AM »

I have tried all kinds of techniques and I usually spend no less than an hour but every now and then maybe if it's a real simple idea it might take less.  Face it even if you draw you or paint you are waiting for things to dry, erasing, starting over etc.  Then there is the occasion when you just think it sucks and throw it away...rrr...just did this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Milburn
St. Louis, MO
sunnydawne@gmail.com
arielrobin
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012 06:43:33 AM »

I don't make a lot of ATC's or ACEO's but when I do it takes forever.  I made a miniature screen door (2.5" x 3.5") once that took ages to complete.  I also quill them occasionally or make them entirely of paper beads.  I guess it depends on what you're creating and what you're making them from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenleahlynn
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012 06:07:03 PM »

sounds about right, i tend to be picky about my own work even when it is small. i keep a small sketch book in my purse for playing with ideas when i have a little extra time, and this weekend when i knew we would be on a car trip, i cut several blanks, and took a small drawing kit with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
white_lilyblossom
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012 02:40:47 PM »

For me it usually takes around half an hour, not counting the time it takes the ink/watercolour to dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Addicted to beads
em_louiise

Illustrator & Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012 05:28:31 AM »

Hey,

I'm recently new to the ATC world I've only done a few personal swaps and I have done mine in several mediums. I guess if you have and idea before you start your Atc and can visualise what you want it to look like sometimes it could take you next to no time in doing it but other time I know when I've just sat there without thinking about the theme first and jumping head first into the creation it's taken a lot longer than expected !

If you have a few swaps and your worried about a deadline or fitting it in around work then maybe do little bits at a time but start several they all come together at once then and you will have had longer to think about them each I turn !

Hope you have fun creating !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emma Louise Szostok
Illustrator & Crafter
www.emmalouiseszost ok.tumblr.com

If anyone would like to do personal ATC swaps then Please Private Message Me. All Countries Accepted
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lightroom 2 Quick Tip
Tip for Lightroom 2
Black & White Imaging in Adobe Lightroom
How to Use Crop Tool and Adjustment Brush in Lightroom 2
How to Use the Volume Browser in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...