A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share an Image from this Page bar??  (Read 11535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

omgitsalisa
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012 01:42:30 AM »

Just throwing in another vote for absolutely hating that new bar. I tried getting used to it for a couple of days but eventually ended up blocking it. It's eating up my screen real estate for no real reason. I'm sorry if my opinion hurts any feelings, but I feel it is important feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012 07:58:14 AM »

Except you've received nothing BUT negative feedback and yet still haven't budged from the seemingly stubborn position of not listening to people's desperate pleas to give the option to turn it off. We're on, what, page seven of people saying they can't stand it and that it's detracting from their experience and yet, the administration seems silent on the subject of allowing users to remove it.

True, the feedback ranges from "I don't love it but I'll get used to it" to "I hate it" but although the feature went up on May 30th it was back down again by June 1st and not back up again until June 5th. That's really not even 5 days yet. We do need some time to see if the feature is used beyond those of us who self-select to talk about it so even though this is one big portion of what goes into figuring out what works and doesn't there is another portion that needs a bit of time to get a good selection of data.

I'm just trying to help those for whom this causes not only frustration (which is bad enough) but in some cases, actual pain.

I totally understand people changing websites that don't work for them if they can, we're really just saying we can't quite get behind you using the site to tell people how to do that. Trust me, I get it and I do it on other sites but we're just asking that you extend that courtesy. People are going to fiddle with sites if they want and know how and obviously that's the way of the world! But honestly if everyone came and saw your post and then turned it off without telling us that they dislike it it would actually work against your cause!  Undecided

Maybe you don't know what it's like to be crippled with migraines and to be subject to the whims of web designers who think more blinking/flashing is best, but I can assure you, things like that aren't just "annoying" to many, they cause literal pain.

I don't but I don't doubt your experience, I promise.

I find it hurtful that you think more of your agenda in forcing this "feature" on people than allowing people the right to choose if they want it or not.

Well Craftster and its features are our job, not really an agenda. We don't always keep features when they're unpopular, we just need time and feedback to let us know. Remember the craft supplies under the first post? We thought that would be pretty cool but the community didn't like it so we did pull that down but not right away. Like I said it takes a bit of time and data from multiple sources.

If you're not going to offer me a way to disable it, I'm going to take my health into my own hands and do it regardless. I would OF COURSE recommend anyone who is similarly afflicted do the same.

Like I said, I don't fault people at all for making changes if they can but it's a matter of spreading that kind of information that really both goes against your goal in this instance and hampers Craftster's abilities to do whatever that feature does. We just ask that you not publicly announce on the site how people can directly counter our efforts, that's all. It's just a courtesy.

Just throwing in another vote for absolutely hating that new bar. I tried getting used to it for a couple of days but eventually ended up blocking it. It's eating up my screen real estate for no real reason. I'm sorry if my opinion hurts any feelings, but I feel it is important feedback.

You're not hurting feelings, it's ok! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012 08:25:51 AM »

I have to say I don't care for it either. I don't feel threatened by it, but it's annoying and not something I think I would ever need to use. But thanks for constantly trying to find new ways to make c-ster even better! And for listening when they aren't working out. Sometimes I love them and sometimes I just have to get used to them, but if you didn't try, C-ster would still look/function like 6 years ago!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012 08:40:27 AM »

I am not a fan of bar because it sometimes pops up and sometimes doesn't and we already have share buttons. I do like that C-ster tries different things to see what they can improve on and what simply doesn't work. If we didn't have trial and error, we would never have gotten this far with so many other great aspects of the site.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
RitaJune
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012 11:26:43 AM »

I totally understand people changing websites that don't work for them if they can, we're really just saying we can't quite get behind you using the site to tell people how to do that.

You can't "get behind" people who are trying to help their fellow users avoid physical discomfort caused by your site?

Isn't it better for Craftster for its users to stay on Craftster when trying to improve your site's user experience for themselves and others?  Isn't it better PR for Craftster to have their admins encourage openness and cooperation rather than giving the impression that they are authoritarian and uncaring of the health and comfort issues of their users?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012 11:27:33 AM by RitaJune » THIS ROCKS   Logged
seneris

Medieval Craft lover

I live to learn new crafting techniques!

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012 12:38:53 AM »

Just noticed the new bar and I also find it very distracting. I'm not a fan Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt - use gold paint Wink
50 projects in 2013 craftalong
lylacfey
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2012 03:01:32 AM »

I totally understand people changing websites that don't work for them if they can, we're really just saying we can't quite get behind you using the site to tell people how to do that.

You can't "get behind" people who are trying to help their fellow users avoid physical discomfort caused by your site?

Isn't it better for Craftster for its users to stay on Craftster when trying to improve your site's user experience for themselves and others?  Isn't it better PR for Craftster to have their admins encourage openness and cooperation rather than giving the impression that they are authoritarian and uncaring of the health and comfort issues of their users?

I honestly took it that way too jungrrl. I love Craftster. It's my cyberhome away from home. As a computer geek I know how to block it too. The add on conflicts with another add on I have to use for my research. I won't be using it. I feel if the bar causes your members pain and your aware of this then maybe you could work with your web designer for a better bar with feedback from your users that are experiencing the pain. Make it smaller. Give us the option to turn it off. Fix the bar so it's static and not taking up half our screen space and flashing in our face every time we look at a page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2012 04:44:50 AM »

After just a few days I don't really pay attention to the bar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2012 07:48:56 AM »

I honestly took it that way too jungrrl. I love Craftster. It's my cyberhome away from home. As a computer geek I know how to block it too. The add on conflicts with another add on I have to use for my research. I won't be using it. I feel if the bar causes your members pain and your aware of this then maybe you could work with your web designer for a better bar with feedback from your users that are experiencing the pain. Make it smaller. Give us the option to turn it off. Fix the bar so it's static and not taking up half our screen space and flashing in our face every time we look at a page.

I'm sorry that anyone would feel that I am in any way authoritarian or uncaring. Jean and I are definitely not either of those things I promise. Just give us a little bit of patience and we'll try our best to improve things for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2012 08:06:59 AM »

After just a few days I don't really pay attention to the bar.
Ditto for me Smiley  So if anyone finds it useful, then I'm all good. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Loss In Women, A Growing Problem
Going Brunette: What to Know Before Embracing the Dark Side
How To Clip in A One Piece Hair Extension
Exclusive: Emmy Rossum Spills Hair and Beauty Secrets
NYFW Gives Us 3 Low-Maintenance Hair Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...