A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,753
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share an Image from this Page bar??  (Read 11514 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012 01:15:49 PM »

There isn't one. That's part of the bug.  Wink
Oh! Okay. I guess I'll just wait to read about it then cause I still don't understand the share buttons at the top so this is going to be a duzzie for me. You know...old dogs...new tricks..that sorta stuff. (and If I got the quote thing right I'm gonna go and celebrate!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012 01:19:51 PM »

Oh! Okay. I guess I'll just wait to read about it then cause I still don't understand the share buttons at the top so this is going to be a duzzie for me. You know...old dogs...new tricks..that sorta stuff. (and If I got the quote thing right I'm gonna go and celebrate!)

Celebrate! You got it right! Cheesy  It's actually very much like the share buttons at the top of threads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012 01:23:31 PM »

I much prefer the button options that are at the top of each thread as opposed to this new ribbon.

I agree that it's distracting that it appears and then disappears and then reappears again. If it was always there, I could get used to it although, I don't think I'd ever share using that button. I don't have facebook and it's easier for me to pin something using the "Pin It" button I already have installed on my menu bar.

Thanks for being so open to hearing our feedback!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012 01:28:36 PM »

I much prefer the button options that are at the top of each thread as opposed to this new ribbon.

I agree that it's distracting that it appears and then disappears and then reappears again. If it was always there, I could get used to it although, I don't think I'd ever share using that button. I don't have facebook and it's easier for me to pin something using the "Pin It" button I already have installed on my menu bar.

Thanks for being so open to hearing our feedback!!

Exactly what Lime said!  Of course, I'm not getting it to disappear unless I scroll up to a certain point of the page.  Since I rarely scroll up, that's not a huge deal.  Once the image bug is worked out, I think I'll become more fond of it.  Having it in a discussion thread is just silly, but of course you already know that.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012 01:35:11 PM »

I really don't care for it, I don't like not being able to see what's at the top of the page. Maybe if it was moved to the bottom. But either way I find it very redundant, I already use the FB/Pinterest share buttons that are on every post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012 01:39:18 PM »

I really don't care for it, I don't like not being able to see what's at the top of the page. Maybe if it was moved to the bottom. But either way I find it very redundant, I already use the FB/Pinterest share buttons that are on every post.
I agree. I don't like. I find it annoying (appearing and disappearing and blocking the top of the screen) plus I too already use the buttons at the top of the post if I want to share something.

I actually dislike it so much, I blocked it with the Element Hiding Helper which is a plugin for firefox. Sorry, it's just not for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
camelama
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012 02:20:38 PM »

Agreed - don't like it.  Don't like the disappearing-ness of it, don't like that I can't turn it off for certain threads, don't like that I can't turn it off altogether, don't like that it covers up stuff I was already used to having available. And it's redundant - people who want to share stuff already have the tools available. Where would we share things, anyway? FB? Has a button. Pin? Has a button.  How would Craftster's 'share' work, and where, and why if those already exist?

I'd rather see more effort put into the photo hosting and the bookmarks (I'd love to be able to "go to last post" from my bookmarks page!) than this area.

I would also be blocking this with Element Hider, if it's rolled out in Production full-time.

Sorry to be such a downer!   Grin  I know you guys work hard at this, but ... no.   Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012 02:29:14 PM »

(I'd love to be able to "go to last post" from my bookmarks page!)

If you hit the new button that should do it, right? That's what I think you mean at least. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012 02:55:01 PM »

Usually I'm all for giving the new features a try, but I don't care for this one. Undecided  It blocks a good portion of the page, which distracts while I'm trying to update swap & craftalong info.  Actually, I just don't like it blocking a portion of the page at all, no matter what I'm doing (reading comments, typing replies, etc.).  Plus, I know I will not use it.  I prefer the pin it button I have on my menu bar, and if I wanted to share on facebook, I would use the preexisting buttons (Share the love ones).  Sorry guys! Sad
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012 02:55:49 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012 02:57:39 PM »

No need to be sorry at all, guys!  We really do appreciate all of the feedback.  Thanks for taking the time to provide the great constructive feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Edible Halloween Decor
How to Make Hand Crafted Glitter Pumpkins
Back to School Binder Make Over!
How to Create a Bib Necklace
Farm Themed Crafts Using Stencils
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...