A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK only swap - Gallery  (Read 7244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewphie

embroidery addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012 02:42:40 PM »

I received today- I got spoiled !!!
Samsara made some beautiful items based on some of my favourite things- it is so nice when a swap partner has obviously 'got' your tastes and Samsara made things I really love  Grin
First up (and possibly my favourite) was this day of the dead votive - already has a candle burning away in there! Your glass painting is gorgeous

Then there was this gorgeous crocheted bowl- I have wanted one of these for ages. It is soooo tactile and I love the colour. I am going to use it for keeping stitching stuff in on the bookshelf in my living room, so it will be looked at and used often! She also made a sea-inspired plate - you can't see the detail here and I couldn't get a good enough photo but there are tiny'bubbles' made from beads on it, it is so pretty.

And then there is an art book of the deaths head moth- i love skulls and moths
   yes, that page is a beautiful watercolour- amazing isn't it? The artwork is fantastic- it is a real treasure.

And last but not least a cute brooch I am looking forward to wearing this , it is so pretty.

I love everything you sent Samsara- Thankyou so much  Grin Grin Grin

And thankyou to mini_mum for organising- you did a fantastic job on matching partners!!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012 11:47:39 AM by sewphie - Reason: add more photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012 11:46:22 AM »

Wow! What a great package!  That watercolour moth is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012 12:28:50 PM »

Fab package you got there Sewphie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012 01:42:48 PM »

In that 'book', there's also a page of dictionary text about the deaths head moth, a pencil study and a pen drawing of the same moth. They all layer on top of each other. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012 02:25:21 PM »

It is beautiful- if I could do a fancy composite image of all the pages I would but sadly I am not that technically skilled!!!
I think I will add some thumbnails of the other pages though tomorrow as you all need to know how lovely it is Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012 11:46:12 AM »

I went and collected my package this morning  Smiley 

First a Chichester postcard & a note on a fantastic swirly card.

I have a thing about llamas and alpacas (I would love some, but I live in a 3rd floor flat so that might not work! I will just have to make do with my guinea pigs at the moment!).  So the lovely loukr made me an amazing tote bag, with printed beasties on it!  Great stripes too & such a pretty ribbon strap.

Adorable! Thank you very much!  I can't wait to show it off  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Sparkledust
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012 08:21:56 AM »

Love love love

Check out my package from mini_mum, I got super spoiled, lots of lovely little monsters. I asked for arugami and boy it's come in bundles. I have no idea how I would re-create this which is why I asked for some, a craft I haven't tried yet. I think now these will help inspire me. They are so well made and mini_mum worked out the patterns herself and a first for her for 3D crochet. Mini_mum are you sure this is a first, they look amazing!

So pics of the monsters ( I must mention I have misplaced my camera when tidying on Fri night and was hoping to find it before posting but it's got hidden somewhere so I will re-post better pics when it appears)

Although monsters, they are pretty cute! The one eye one really remind me of monsters inc, the octopus like one I have by my monitor and the others I have added to my shelves to liven them up. They create quite a good talking point. I'm sure the frilly multi coloured one would have a squeaky voice if it spoke, it is just the sweetest!

Also, and, I know this may offend some people at this time of year, I did ask for a xmas decoration on my list as I love to have lots of hand made items on my tree and swapping is a really good way of getting more! They all always have a story too and it's great to remember at xmas.

It is super solid and thick, I love it. I hope I can make some more to go with it, I've asked mini mum the secret of the make as I haven't ever tried needle felting either.

Thank you mini_mum, I've really enjoyed this swap and these little monsters have just made my stressful week a lot happier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012 08:54:25 AM »

Aaaw, those amigarumi monsters are so cute! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012 02:13:30 PM »

I've received my parcel from Littlebluegirl.

It arrived just as I was going out of the door on Saturday and I've just got home to open it. It is wonderful and I'm so delighted. I'll photograph it in the light tomorrow and post.

I'm sorry everyone- I think I just got the best partner ever. Just wait for photographs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
littlebluegirl
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012 09:16:27 AM »

Smiley  I'm so pleased that you're happy with your package Antidigger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Twisted Bun Hairstyle
Erykah Badu Leads Celebration of Natural Hair
How to Wear a 90s Scrunchie
How to Style a Braided Back to School Hair
Try a Twisted Half-Up Hairstyle for Homecoming
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...