A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,654
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing Accessories Swap GALLERY!  (Read 24701 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2012 04:05:38 PM »

Oh, that package from thisbirdsabsurd is fantastic!  I LOVE the sewing machine caddy/mat; the colors are great--and the pompoms are fun!  The skull pincushion in so detailed, nice job on that!  And I love the covered tape measure--that's a good idea, that never crossed my mind when thinking about things to make for this swap!  Sweet extras too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Sharalee
http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2012 04:06:22 PM »

"thisbirdsabsurd" you did Awesome work on the sewing machine caddy & that skull is amazing, not to much into that, but it must of took a long time to paint all that. All the extras are great too! What a grand package!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins?filter=likes

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2012 05:35:34 PM »

I received from my partner, Craftsunderground, today.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy her a new sewing machine to make up for the wonderfulness she sent me.  Stand by for lots of pictures and lots of praise for my partner.

This is a picture of everything, or so I thought at the time I took the picture:

Here is the Tool Roll that she made me - with my tools already tucked in!  It has an elastic loop on one side so I can roll it up (when I go to a quilt class or a retreat), and keep my tools safe on the way! 

Next - she bought me this former toothbrush holder at a thrift shop (I love thrift shops and thrift shop shopping!) - she knitted a matching cozy for it, as it has been transformed to be a tool holder!  It's my favorite color - GREEN!

And - she took a wire coil organizer, and sewed and embroidered a little cover for the end - which says:  Quilters Rule.   You bet they do!  It's an organizer/holder for my quilting rulers.  The really cool thing about this is, and great minds do think alike!, I have one of these very holders, but without the lovely embellished end - which is great, because once I put all my rulers in it, I don't have any spots left for patterns and other idea papers I like to keep handy.  Now I have mine to keep the papers and patterns, and the one she made me will hold my rulers!

One more picture which includes a close up of her beautiful embroidery, and yet another item she made me, right off my Wist - a toad stool (mushroom) pin cushion with fabric and a vintage thread spool - eeeeeeeee!

This little gem was hiding all wrapped up in tissue inside the ruler rack!  That's why the little pincushion doesn't show up in my first "everything" picture.

THEN - she also made me a fob for my scissors - this is Craftsunderground's own design - she is so smart!  It's an elastic cord threaded through a thimble!  eeeeeeeee again!  First, it identifies my scissors (when I'm with others at a quilt class or sewist gathering) - like this:

AND - when traveling, the thimble slips down to hold the pointed ends of my scissors so they won't poke holes in me or my tool roll that she made me - Maria - you are surely an engineer in real life, right!  eeeeeeeee even again!

Okay, that's a whole lot of great stuff, huh!  Oh, there's more where that came from - yes, MORE - she made me a green (favorite color) beaded stiletto - "It's the tool you never knew you needed."  She also made one for her mother, a quilter, and one for herself which she used when making my tool roll.  I definitely did not know I needed one, but I already know NOW that I need it - and she sent me a Fat Quarter of absolutely beautiful BARE BRANCHED TREES batik fabric - I love trees with bare branches, this fabric is perfect.

You would think my partner was sending to two or three partners, not just me! 
We agreed to send a "couple" of extras - that's exactly what I did - TWO EXTRAS - how can I ever make it up to you!! 

I love everything - Craftsunderground you totally rocked my world with this package.  It's all perfect and all perfectly suited for me.  In addition to being an engineer, you must be able to read a crystal ball because you crafted to my taste and colors perfectly.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I owe you big time!!
You get at least 100 "A+"s on this package!  And a load of gratitude from me!  I think I love you!
 Cheesy   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
EllaRain
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2012 05:39:36 PM »

Prepare to see the beautiful package SilentBlair sent me.

First the most adorable combination pincushion thread-catcher. I needed one of these so bad so I was supper psyched when I saw it. The pincushion sticks to my sewing table really well and don't you just love the fabric? Soooo cute!! Cheesy

In my questionnaire I said that I would love either a pincushion/thread catcher or some sort of fun pin cushion.  But Silentblair, being the awesome crafter that she is, made me both! Grin  Grin Grin
It is Brain!!!!!!! (from pinky and the Brain)

Here he is next the matching card I also received.  
I cannot say enough about this pin cushion. The crochet is perfect. The embroidery on the face is flawless. Plus the whole concept is so me.
There is nothing like a pin cushion that reminds you to take over the world . . . muhaaahaaahaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, an extra bonus. A super fun tree scrabble tile pendant!

Thank-you tons SlientBlair!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012 07:43:10 PM by EllaRain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
silentblair
Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012 06:49:04 PM »

Thanks for the birthday love, everyone. I have had a wonderful day!
Apparently the post office decided to play a birthday trick and had "out for delivery" one hour and then changed it.  Tongue

I'm guessing it will arrive tomorrow!!! Hooray!

I'm so glad you love the stuff EllaRain! The stuff that makes it stay (and I'm so glad it worked!!!) is just hot glue drizzled onto the fabric.
That brain was almost confiscated a few times by different people I showed it to. He needed to plot and ponder with you!

@thisbirdsabsurd:
I love the Sugar Skull stuff! That pin cushion is beyond my comprehension of coolness!~

@Craftsunderground:
Awesome package! I love it all but my fave is the "quilter's rule". Cleverness abounds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012 07:39:34 PM »

Beautiful package, Craftsunderground!  That tool roll is really great, I love a useful item like that.  The wire coil organizer is a great idea, and the way you decorated it is very clever! 

Silentblair, your package is wonderful too!  I love the sheep fabric on the pincushion/thread catcher--so cute!  And that Pinky is just too funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2012 09:44:02 PM »

Alrighty!  I'm ready to show off the greatness I received from Missing Willow!
  First - this magnificent pin cushion straight off my wist!  I didn't even remember that I had put that on there - but as soon as I saw it I knew she had stalked well.  Wink

and a close up of the beautiful details!

Next there is a sewing book made from the most wonderful fabric!  I love this and will get plenty of use out of it on my quest to organization! LOL

That's a cute little needle book next to it - and behold!  The inside reveals plenty of pockets, a pair of scissors, needles, embroidery floss, a yarn cutter (who knew?), a needle threader, a pin cushion and a little recycled sweater needle book!!!  Unbelievable!!!

Obviously we agreed to do some extras, and I was super lucky to receive some of MW's delicious homemade soap!  I wish you could smell it - awesome!

And here's the whole deal along with some treats - and minus the teacup that I have already strategically placed where i can admire it everytime I enter the house!

Thanks a million MW!  You're the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
louw
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012 12:26:40 AM »

thank you for all your nice comments  Smiley

what I love with swapping is to see how creative you craftsters can be...so much wonderful packages !!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

and that mushroom in a cup  Shocked Shocked wow , I love it !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

'Best of 2014' Winner

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2012 03:48:28 AM »

Glad that pincushion made it across the U.S. unbroken!  I think I forgot to mention one of the flosses I sent glows in the dark, so use it carefully.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2012 04:30:32 AM »

Oh my gosh, that mushroom pincushion in the cup is the CUTEST thing ever!!!  And the soaps are the second-cutest things ever!  The needlebook is so pretty, and the sewing book--wow--not only is it a great way to stay organized, it's already fully loaded!  Nice!  Wonderful package, MissingWillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY: Two-Tone Oxfords in One Step!
The Hottest Show Trends From New York Fashion Week
Fashion Week Detail Camera: Winter Wear - Fall 2014
Tips for Shopping at Forever 21
What Is a Skort?
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...